• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

17 minutes ago, warcore said:

Gosh I hope it's not TJ McConnel... it probably is. LP has history with him so maybe he's been asking Trav for him, as supes eluded it's someone we've been after for a while. 

They could of just signed him outright. Indy is barely paying him anything.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This part^

I love John, I want him here long term, but something is up with this potential trade and Im skeptical. 

Oh well. 

If both Dedmon and Collins are in this trade, then our big man depth just took a big hit.

Which big man from the teams below that are interested in Oladipo have a big man that can fill in at the PF slot for JC? 

Lakers, Knicks, Mavericks, Suns, Raptors, Nets, Timberwolves, Heat, Sixers (simmons), Raptors (Siakam), Bucks.  - not many.

13 minutes ago, warcore said:

Oh... that's crazy I never caught that and I watch every game. Maybe with FIRE (Ant), they'll make it more noticeable. 

Huerter was also starting with Trae. Ant will be coming off the bench next season if he's a Hawk.

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Why is the name of this mysterious PG being hidden? I don't understand the need for secrecy.

See below:

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

As far as the 3 team trade. We been through this before. Whenever I do not get the okay to mention all of the players or teams involved. I can't really give that information. Before the teams might not want those players to be known that they are on the market for agent reasons, player morale reasons, etc. So it's best that it's not said till it's done.

My job is letting you know that there is a massive deal out there that going on that Atlanta has been planning around. It's part of the reason they have shifted their focused and you see how we just landed a top tier coach over a playoff contender because where we are going is to the moon.

We don't want Supes to compromise his source.

• Thanks 2

Why are y'all concentrating on the trade?  It seems like the Gordon Heyward deal is the closest thing to actually happening. I don't understand that three team trade.  It won't involve any of the core pieces. Like why the hell would we give up JC or any siginifcant piece for a backup point guard.  If we are not talking Malcom Brogdon, I don't even want to talk about the trade. 

I'm not saying trade JC for Malcolm Brogdon...just that if we are doing a three team trade and moving back in the draft and getting MB, I'm okay with it.

Just now, thecampster said:

If I'm a senior member, MrH is a historical figure of significant importance. He is anything but insignificant.

?

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

To Supes point, how would a TPE affect a team that is over the cap in a SnT.  Typically, a team becomes hard capped doing SnTs if they are over the cap or something like that.

Its not a snt its an Extend and trade. Because the first year of the contract was already established, it doesn't affect the 1 year cost of the trade. Therefore it doesn't count the same as a sign and trade. The Extend and Trade is a protection for the player and not considered a mechanism that helps or hurts a team (even though it clearly helps a team that insists the player be locked in longer than a year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Thanks for this comment. This helped me understand what the board is thinking and why they are pressing Supes so hard on this.

In years past, Atlanta was in the weaker position in trades and the ones having to compromise.  That is not the situation now. Atlanta is in the driver's seat. They don't have to take any deal offered. They are the ones dictating to other teams who need to shed salary, fill holes acquire picks that are cheaper. Atlanta will not be getting taken advantage of. These things will be leaking to up the offers from other teams, set the market. This is not the end. There is a reason the 3rd team in that deal is hedging.  It could easily be suggested they are getting screwed out of need.

Atlanta will come out of this offseason with 2 more vets, 2 less players on rookie contracts than in the last 2 years if everything plays out as its been released. I have not been given the all clear to discuss what I've been told and mainly because its not "done".  What I can say is there is a good bit of synergy in what Supes and I have both heard in the last month. More than in years past. We are not 100% in agreement but a good bit of what he's saying I've heard is on the table.

I fully expect that a few teams will try to break up that 3 team deal before the dealing period goes live. It could morph to a 4 team or 2 and there are 2 teams who would really like to wait until draft night to pull any trigger.  The top 3 is by no means set in this draft...There are no less than 8 players who could go in the top 3 and it depends on trades as much as anything.

I hope those two players are like the end of the bench guys.  If this trade happens, do you see the Hawks being significantly better?