• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We all know he's currently under contract. That's been established. I am talking about if he opts out as intended which he would be a UFA. I was speaking forward.

Then I'm not sure what conversation you were responding to, but it doesn't matter.

We'll all know soon enough.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

My problem is you guys are saying we like him just because he's local.  So you are exactly the pot calling the kettle black. 

I haven't said one word about y'alls opinion of him, but you are saying we ONLY like him because he's local.  That's not the case for most here so stop generalizing us.  

I think there is local bias to some extent, not saying that applies to you. If he grew up in Seattle and went to the Pac-12 would the board have the same energy? My gut tells me no. For the record I'm okay with taking him if TS wants him, but I question if a ball dominant, high volume low efficiency shooting guard is a good fit for our team.

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think there is local bias to some extent, not saying that applies to you. If he grew up in Seattle and went to the Pac-12 would the board have the same energy? My gut tells me no. For the record I'm okay with taking him if TS wants him, but I question if a ball dominant, high volume low efficiency shooting guard is a good fit for our team.

But you are assuming all of this about the "board" but post a victim comment about people blame you of having an agenda because you don't like the local kid. 

You are the one making the assumptions about other posters.  There are some who like him because he's local, but there are far greater numbers who like him for his talent.  Talent overrides location.  I watch high school videos, don't really know where these kids are from. When I saw Cam in high school,  I was like DAMN I want the Hawks to draft him.  Same thing happened with Edwards.  This was before I knew what school they were going to in college. I did know Edwards was from Atlanta, but that had nothing to do with why I liked him.  I thought he'd be a good fit with the Hawks if he reached his potential.  Edwards has massive two way potential.  That's what I look for.  I thought Cam had the same.  I wasn't the biggest fan of Hunter because I thought he would cost the Hawks drafting Cam. I'm glad we have Hunter though. 

Edited by marco102

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But you are assuming all of this about the "board" but post a victim comment about people blame you of having an agenda because you don't like the local kid. 

You are the one making the assumptions about other posters.  There are some who like him because he's local, but there are far greater numbers who like him for his talent.  Talent overrides location.  I watch high school videos, don't really know where these kids are from. When I saw Cam in high school,  I was like DAMN I want the Hawks to draft him.  Same thing happened with Edwards.  This was before I knew what school they were going to in college. I did know Edwards was from Atlanta, but that had nothing to do with why I liked him.  I thought he'd be a good fit with the Hawks if he reached his potential.  Edwards has massive two way potential.  That's what I look for.  I thought Cam had the same.  I wasn't the biggest fan of Hunter because I thought he would cost the Hawks drafting Cam. I'm glad we have Hunter though. 

So youre on board with trading up for him? 

Just now, bleachkit said:

So youre on board with trading up for him? 

Yes, assuming other moves are made. 

I have Edwards and Hayes in the same tier in my book.  I think Hayes will have the more immediate impact while Edwards has way more long term potential.  

Edwards also has some playmaking skills that aren't really discussed. He flashed them, but wasn't consistent.  

If we stay at six and can get Hayes, I'm fine.  If we trade up to 2 and take Hayes, I'd be just as excited. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yes, assuming other moves are made. 

I have Edwards and Hayes in the same tier in my book.  I think Hayes will have the more immediate impact while Edwards has way more long term potential.  

Edwards also has some playmaking skills that aren't really discussed. He flashed them, but wasn't consistent.  

If we stay at six and can get Hayes, I'm fine.  If we trade up to 2 and take Hayes, I'd be just as excited. 

I dont like trading up because you have to give up assets. If we get a favorable deal historically speaking then I'm fine with it.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Indeed. We got four convos going on here and all of them are confusing to follow atm

Reminds me of using Microsoft Teams at work. There are times when nested conversations help a ton.

Still prefer forum style overall, though.

6 hours ago, GameTime said:

Locking in Hayward to a high dollar, long term, multi year contract sounds absolutely frightening to me. I would do the Huerter + 6 for Edwards in a heartbeat though that sounds too good to be true.

Edwards is going #1 imo..

4 hours ago, DS5 said:

I think it's Dipo and Dedmon to Milwaukee, DVV and fillers to Indiana and Bledsoe to Atlanta. I really hope I'm wrong but supes didn't answer when I asked if it was Bledsoe. Maybe he just didn't read it though, since there are a few comments in this thread. 

God I hope youre wrong...

• Like 1

Of all the rumored moves,

Im most worried about the 3 team trade because it sounds like it will cost us Collins as well.

I am not a fan of Hayward anymore, and don't like that he will be our "big signing" between the next 2 offseasons.

I like Huerter, but if we add Hayward that makes him a little bit expendable so I'm ok with moving up to get our guy.

Overall Im not fond of most of the new info. But I will let it play out

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Of all the rumored moves,

Im most worried about the 3 team trade because it sounds like it will cost us Collins as well.

I didn't get that feeling at all, unless I missed something in Supes post.. Oladipo and Dedmon, were players he mentioned. The 3rd team is providing the 'stud' value to Indy for Dipo. #6 or the OKC 1st aren't included. Trading Collins for a backup PG doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't get that feeling at all, unless I missed something in Supes post.. Oladipo and Dedmon, were players he mentioned. The 3rd team is providing the 'stud' value to Indy for Dipo. #6 or the OKC 1st aren't included. Trading Collins for a backup PG doesn't make sense to me.

If a rumor doesn't make sense, it's probably because it's not going to happen.

• Like 1