• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My problem with this is, you are indicating that we are just oooh he's from GA and he's blah blah blah.  No, anyone we draft is going to be a bench player.  In a bench role, Edwards can contribute to winning.  If you have a Gordon Heyward ahead of him, it's perfect.  Gives him real NBA minutes, allows the coaches to pull him when he's making mistakes and for him to learn from those mistakes.  

I understand your concerns, but you are indicating this pick HAS to contribute to winning now, but it really doesn't.  We have time to let the 6th pick grow.  

I agree Edwards has major flaws, but so did Trae and Cam.  I look at the flashes of what Edwards shows.  When you look at the game tape the putrid does outweigh the flashes you see.  However, when you consider, he's only been playing basketball seriously for 4 or 5 years. He's made tremendous strides in his game.  With Edwards it's not about the talent, it's teaching him how to play team ball. I'm more confident in our team's ability to do that in a limited role his first few years. 

I believe you need to take a look in the mirror on this one and see whose biases are outweighing their good judgement here. 

No bias here other than I believe all positive ends with Edwards are several years down the line.

I hope you guys are right tho.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 6:01 PM, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Indy/Minny 

It seems like a major breakdown has happened with Indy/Minny due to the inclusion of T.J. Warren. Seems like they do not want to move him if they move Turner and it doesn't seem up for discussion. This one hurt Minny because the LaMelo Ball trade up market is now nil for the value Minny sees as proper value and it seems like they will be stuck at #1. He said, watch for them to look at Deni, Obi, Anthony, LaMelo, Oyneka, and Tyrese. 

Indy/GS

If Ball falls to GS. This is where Indy/GS could do a blockbuster deal. He was told the talks are around The Iguodala TPE in particular using Warren/Goga in it. Also, T.J. McConnell was mentioned. The centerpiece is GS choice of Sabonis or Turner. This will include BOTH 2020 #2 overall and MIN 2021 1st as well. Seems high on both ends and it is because Wiggins is considered a negative asset and Indy's willingness to add an asset like MIN 2021 1st is noticeable as well. This would be a massive blockbuster but this would build up Golden State's bench to extreme levels.

He mentioned this deal is only available if Ball is available at #2. I asked if MIN takes him, could we see a deal with Ball still going to Indy and he said it doesn't seem like so. Indy feels the value they are willing to offer is more than enough. Basically, if MIN drafts Ball, he will play with MIN or be traded elsewhere but not to Indy considering the current options. 

Indy/Oladipo - MIL/LA teams/DAL/Brooklyn and Atlanta

The Oladipo trade is down for five teams but realistically, four teams. Those teams are the Bucks who want an extension which won't happen so they are out, LAL, LAC, Dallas, and Brooklyn. I was told that the deal is mainly around lower end role players and mid 1sts. LAL is the only team willing to offer higher end rotational guys Green/Kuzma but this isn't the peak of their trade value right now as we just saw and a late 1st. We was told all four teams are confident they will land Oladipo. He thinks LA will get him but it's not a no brainer like it seemed. Seems like Atlanta isn't as hot on Green as they thought but Atlanta and Indy have engaged in trade talks again. For which players, I do not know. It could as small as T.J. McConnell or big as Brogdon. 

So if Balls falls, Indy/GS deal with us getting McConnell, and if Edwards falls then we deal with GS directly for 6 and Huerter? I don't like either deal...

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It would be for capspace and a fake 2nd. Boston gets a TPE.

Why would Boston do that? They would just trade him to another team + an asset for a center like Steven Adams or Drummond if he's willing to opt in and why would Atlanta ruin any offseason movement for this. 

Just trying to understand this logic. It simply doesn't make sense from Atlanta's end. Honestly, this would be a non-starter. 

• Admin
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These are the teams that have interest in Oladipo:

Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, Suns, Raptors, Nets, and Timberwolves

4 teamer:

Phoenix gets FVV 

Hawks get Rubio

Raptors get Oladipo

Indy gets OG 

Rubio is a defender which was stated this guy is not ... I would love Rubio but he doesn’t match the description 

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why would Boston do that? They would just trade him to another team

I think Hayward's agent knows this, which is why he's in the media trying to get a big extension.

His options are: 

• Opt in & Boston extension
    • Don't see Boston doing this
  • Opt in & get traded
    • Hayward wouldn't have much control over where he goes next
  • Opt out & sign a four-year deal
    • Not that many options unless you consider a S&T
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trade what? Not trading #6 or core pieces.

I was answering Jaybird and MrH's question posts. I was not and am not advocating any position. No need to blow a gasket or read anything into it.

23 minutes ago, DS5 said:

So if Balls falls, Indy/GS deal with us getting McConnell, and if Edwards falls then we deal with GS directly for 6 and Huerter? I don't like either deal...

LOL  you said if Balls fall....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why would Boston do that? They would just trade him to another team + an asset for a center like Steven Adams or Drummond if he's willing to opt in and why would Atlanta ruin any offseason movement for this. 

Just trying to understand this logic. It simply doesn't make sense from Atlanta's end. Honestly, this would be a non-starter. 

Boston does it to avoid Luxury Taxes and use their exception later to acquire or clear up other exceptions.

Atlanta does it..if and only if...they don't think they can get better in F/A and they think they can trade him 1 to 2 years later as an expiring.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Like campster said, it clears their LT issues while having the LT in their back pocket for a year.  They can actually trade for Adams using the TPE if they were so inclined without having to send Hayward to OKC.

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Boston does it to avoid Luxury Taxes and use their exception later to acquire or clear up other exceptions.

Atlanta does it..if and only if...they don't think they can get better in F/A and they think they can trade him 1 to 2 years later as an expiring.

This makes zero sense to me. Maybe even negative sense. There is zero reason for Atlanta to trade for Hayward. Zero. 

He's an UFA. 

They can negotiate the type of contract that they want to sign to maintain flexibility this year and for years to come. 

While I can't say for sure, I am pretty sure this is why he wasn't in their radar before recently.

I'm excited because one of my favorite new Hawks is probably going to sign a new, reasonable contract.

In my opinion, which doesn't impress any one but me, Skal Labissiere is a real steal.  So is Capela.

Draft pick #6, everyone knows who I want, and why.

Hawks have only one paleface.  I don't want to lose him.  Yet, it seems that, whenever a trade is mentioned, he is the Hawk being named.

😃

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This makes zero sense to me. Maybe even negative sense. There is zero reason for Atlanta to trade for Hayward. Zero. 

He's an UFA. 

They can negotiate the type of contract that they want to sign to maintain flexibility this year and for years to come. 

While I can't say for sure, I am pretty sure this is why he wasn't in their radar before recently.

Relax - we are presenting all the options.

Well he hasn't opted out so he isn't technically an UFA.

Even if he opts out and signs with us, Boston can still obtain a TPE. It's a paperwork deal which teams do to help other teams.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Relax - we are presenting all the options.

Well he hasn't opted out so he isn't technically an UFA.

Even if he opts out and signs with us, Boston can still obtain a TPE. It's a paperwork deal which teams do to help other teams.

How can Boston get a TPE considering their currently over the LT?

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you don't believe in a player, especially if they are local, you have an "agenda."

My problem is you guys are saying we like him just because he's local.  So you are exactly the pot calling the kettle black. 

I haven't said one word about y'alls opinion of him, but you are saying we ONLY like him because he's local.  That's not the case for most here so stop generalizing us.  

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

How can Boston get a TPE considering their currently over the LT?

Same way GSW got a $17 million TPE from the Iggy trade and were over the LT. IIRC, The TPE value doesn't count against a teams cap until it's used on a player. @thecampster