• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hell yeah. I love it. It's a win now move but it has long term potential as well. I am against all win now moves that have a contract issue (rental) or two year deals. I like the fact that everyone we got but the rookie deal guys have long term deals. To me, it makes the Hayward move more sensible as well and gives us insane athletic ability and length overall as a team. I am pretty sure, this site will be mixed in terms of the reaction to it but hey, that's normal. . 

I'm also against this.  Need players that can grow with Trae instead of too much roster turnover.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why are y'all concentrating on the trade?  It seems like the Gordon Heyward deal is the closest thing to actually happening. I don't understand that three team trade.  It won't involve any of the core pieces. Like why the hell would we give up JC or any siginifcant piece for a backup point guard.  If we are not talking Malcom Brogdon, I don't even want to talk about the trade. 

I'm not saying trade JC for Malcolm Brogdon...just that if we are doing a three team trade and moving back in the draft and getting MB, I'm okay with it.

?

Why, why you ask?  Because he said a mega trade. There are 3 trade possibilties:

1. #6 and Huerter for #2

2. Capspace for Hayward (we know we aren't sending out any assets)

3. A 3 teamer involving Dedmon, Oladipo and many other moving parts - because we don't know all the parts, we want to know, so it's a guessing game, lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I hope those two players are like the end of the bench guys.  If this trade happens, do you see the Hawks being significantly better? 

The writing appears to be on the wall who is being moved, the only thing left to see is who we will be bringing in. Seems like we will add some talent. The key is how do we actually feel about it as fans, because we are losing players with sentimental value likely

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why, why you ask?  Because he said a mega trade. There are 3 trade possibilties:

1. #6 and Huerter for #2

2. Capspace for Hayward (we know we aren't sending out any assets)

3. A 3 teamer involving Dedmon, Oladipo and many other moving parts - because we don't know all the parts, we want to know, so it's a guessing game, lol

FYI: #2 would kill #3. #2 will be a free agent signing or it will not happen. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member

Due to Hayward, I personally think moving up might be their move.

Was thinking about this today. If you sign Gordon, you don't really have a lot of places for a young guy to get good minutes on the wings. I'd go for best potential in that case.

They have even made a solid offer to Atlanta where we would get Troy Brown Jr. and a 2nd rounder. 

Is a solid offer and would make it a tad easier to trade Huerter...

Just now, mrhonline said:

Was thinking about this today. If you sign Gordon, you don't really have a lot of places for a young guy to get good minutes on the wings. I'd go for best potential in that case.

Huerter would remain a Hawk if this trade was made. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

But #6 would be going to Wiz and not to GSW for #2, so Huerter stays

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Huerter would remain a Hawk if this trade was made. 

Wasn't referencing that so much as the financial difficulty looming down the road. As you know, Huerter is one of the Hawks more expendable trade assets.

I am confused. Here it is: 

Washington has made an offer to Atlanta for the #6 overall pick: Troy Brown Jr., #9, #37 for 6 

The idea is that Okongwu is the target. 

Atlanta is not the only team that received that offer but they are the one that actually liked it. Cleveland locked in their guys and Chicago wants salary relief which Washington can't provide. That doesn't mean we will do it. Just putting it out there. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

Wasn't referencing that so much as the financial difficulty looming down the road. As you know, Huerter is one of the Hawks more expendable trade assets.

Atlanta will never trade ANYONE for financial difficulties with this ownership group. Tony is ALL IN. Like extremely IN. This is not ASG or Liberty. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Atlanta will never trade ANYONE for financial difficulties with this ownership group. Tony is ALL IN. Like extremely IN. This is not ASG or Liberty. 

Believe that when I see it. 😉

Two years out at a minimum, though.

• Haha 1