• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Thanks for sharing Supes. I don't like Hayward for that price and I am not sure about the move for Edwards.

Having said that I expected much more from Kevin last year and is possible he would not achieve the potential we see in him, Hayward would be a fantastic addition on the floor while healthy. Huerter was a liability on defense last year and a terrible mate for Trae so I see why we would like to move him for the right price.

40 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Thanks for sharing Supes. I don't like Hayward for that price and I am not sure about the move for Edwards.

Having said that I expected much more from Kevin last year and is possible he would not achieve the potential we see in him, Hayward would be a fantastic addition on the floor while healthy. Huerter was a liability on defense last year and a terrible mate for Trae so I see why we would like to move him for the right price.

I told you Hayward was going to be overpriced because of the stupid Horford deal. I also think Edwards is risky. My gut instinct tells me he might end up a negative value chucker. 

Never looked at Edwards in detail before as I did not think we had a chance. Looking at the page I like most and navigating through the stats I reafirm my initial though of going after Haliburton or Okongwu. I like the strengths and weaknesses analysis and the  advanced stats analysis, the comparison is clear.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/anthony-edwards

http://www.tankathon.com/players/tyrese-haliburton

http://www.tankathon.com/players/onyeka-okongwu

No need to go after Edwards AND give an asset for that.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I gotta say I’ve thought about this back in January (having Edwards). I would give up Huerter for a Young+Edwards+Cam+Hunter combination in a heartbeat! add in Gordon Hayward along with JC and Capela....resign skal and teague! That’s a great off season to me and long term potential is just insane with the ability to get to the playoffs next season but even if we kept #6 and huerter I would be fine with that too as both scenarios  improve the team in my opinion.

But the way I see it is as far as long term investment adding Edwards .....you get this...

- Trae has superstar potential due to his superb all around offense. He’s the closest thing to Steve Nash with his passing since CP3 prime years in my opinion but offers great scoring ability all at the same time. I have no problem if he runs the offense full time or if he adds some curry in his game as far as off ball movement.

-Cam has superstar potential due to his superb natural talent of being a two way player, great defensive skills and good offense skills that could be great depending on who he’s playing with which in this case it’s a good chance he becomes elite in both. Widely considered the next PG13 but already off to a better defensive start than PG13 and his shooting really came along in the 2nd part of last season which we knew would start to happen as he gain the experience. At the very least I see Cam as a two way all star player who could hit superstar status especially playing by Trae.

-Edwards just like Cam has superstar potential to me due to his superb natural talents but he is the opposite of cam. Edwards has a great offensive skillset as a 3 way scorer and good defensive skills that could turn into great defensive skills when he’s locked in. Edwards offense potential however is what gets the attention. There isn’t anything Edwards can’t do as a scorer! That talent level as a scoring threat is insane for his age. While I can’t say he’s a complete all around offensive talent like Trae, I do believe he could turn out to be more of a scoring threat Trae. Edwards is the closest thing to a DWade comparison but I’d be careful with giving him that comparison.

There has never been a time in hawks history where I can remember that we have 3 guys who has real legit superstar potential. I am not saying they’ll all hit the jackpot  but I feel extremely  confident each player will at some point. So again I’m taking edwards if there’s a path to get him here if I’m Schlenk ...this path has a rare okc star potential (Kd, Westbrick, Harden) add ibaka defensive star = ATL star potential (Trae, Edwards, Cam) add hunter defensive star....that’s your long term core along with JC .

thats how I see things potentially playing out. Yes Travis make that move up for Edwards! Cash in now!

Exactly!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I gotta say I’ve thought about this back in January (having Edwards). I would give up Huerter for a Young+Edwards+Cam+Hunter combination in a heartbeat! add in Gordon Hayward along with JC and Capela....resign skal and teague! That’s a great off season to me and long term potential is just insane with the ability to get to the playoffs next season but even if we kept #6 and huerter I would be fine with that too as both scenarios  improve the team in my opinion.

But the way I see it is as far as long term investment adding Edwards .....you get this...

- Trae has superstar potential due to his superb all around offense. He’s the closest thing to Steve Nash with his passing since CP3 prime years in my opinion but offers great scoring ability all at the same time. I have no problem if he runs the offense full time or if he adds some curry in his game as far as off ball movement.

-Cam has superstar potential due to his superb natural talent of being a two way player, great defensive skills and good offense skills that could be great depending on who he’s playing with which in this case it’s a good chance he becomes elite in both. Widely considered the next PG13 but already off to a better defensive start than PG13 and his shooting really came along in the 2nd part of last season which we knew would start to happen as he gain the experience. At the very least I see Cam as a two way all star player who could hit superstar status especially playing by Trae.

-Edwards just like Cam has superstar potential to me due to his superb natural talents but he is the opposite of cam. Edwards has a great offensive skillset as a 3 way scorer and good defensive skills that could turn into great defensive skills when he’s locked in. Edwards offense potential however is what gets the attention. There isn’t anything Edwards can’t do as a scorer! That talent level as a scoring threat is insane for his age. While I can’t say he’s a complete all around offensive talent like Trae, I do believe he could turn out to be more of a scoring threat Trae. Edwards is the closest thing to a DWade comparison but I’d be careful with giving him that comparison.

There has never been a time in hawks history where I can remember that we have 3 guys who has real legit superstar potential. I am not saying they’ll all hit the jackpot  but I feel extremely  confident each player will at some point. So again I’m taking edwards if there’s a path to get him here if I’m Schlenk ...this path has a rare okc star potential (Kd, Westbrick, Harden) add ibaka defensive star = ATL star potential (Trae, Edwards, Cam) add hunter defensive star....that’s your long term core along with JC .

thats how I see things potentially playing out. Yes Travis make that move up for Edwards! Cash in now!

Exactly my thoughts. I don't like giving Kevin to GS in order to get it done, but Edwards is a special talent and will have the space to grow into it here in Atlanta.

Adding Hayward to the mix only lowers Edward's immediate need for impact, while also giving us a legit 2nd/3rd All-Star to form an immediate Trio with Young-JC-Hayward. You don't let opportunities like this slide past. Especially with the news that Giannis isn't looking to get out of MIL, pull the trigger now and get competitive this year and for the next few years as well. 

Trae, Cam, Hunter, Hayward, Edwards, JC, Capela is scary good. 

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 2

hace 37 minutos, JTB dijo:

When you see a highlight video of Edwards I agree you can see a superstar. But what makes a superstar is his decission making and the times he does things right, that converts to wins. Edwards percentages are really bad compared to other players, he is athletic but is undersized. That combination of undersized SG with bad percentages.... I am not buying it, I am not buying a superstar there. I saw something in Cam but was really a reach considering his stats, we were buying on the defensive potential, been a victim of an offense designed for Barrett and Zion and influenced by an injury. There were some arguments behind the selection. What are the arguments behind Edwards, he was the star on a team with offense designed for him and performed poorly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

When you see a highlight video of Edwards I agree you can see a superstar. But what makes a superstar is his decission making and the times he does things right, that converts to wins. Edwards percentages are really bad compared to other players, he is athletic but is undersized. That combination of undersized SG with bad percentages.... I am not buying it, I am not buying a superstar there. I saw something in Cam but was really a reach considering his stats, we were buying on the defensive potential, been a victim of an offense designed for Barrett and Zion and influenced by an injury. There were some arguments behind the selection. What are the arguments behind Edwards, he was the star on a team with offense designed for him and performed poorly.

Preach.  Folks are getting blinded by the stars in their eyes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@NBASupes

6 questions regarding the 3 Way trade with Dipo, Dedmon and 3rd team

1. Is this PG on a 1 year contract or longer?

2. Is Dedmon going to the 3rd team or Indy

3. East or West team?

4. Is the Point guard the main guy coming back to the Hawks

5. Is the OKC 2022 1ST in play with this deal?

6. Age:  above or below 28 years?

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Preach.  Folks are getting blinded by the stars in their eyes.

The thing that worries me is he's a guy that has always dominated the ball and could all the shots he wanted, but will now have to play within a team concept in the pros. That's a tough adjustment.

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes

3. East or West team?

I can't go into much details to even give that many clues away. Just know I been speaking about this trade or a trade like this for months now. It's a sole survivor. Most of the other trades have died at the stake

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't go into much details to even give that many clues away. Just know I been speaking about this trade or a trade like this for months now. It's a sole survivor. Most of the other trades have died at the stake

You can answer 2, 4 and 5....pretty please 😊

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes

3. East or West team?

7. First and last name

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Positives wise, he did grow an inch and is now a legit 6'5 235. The thing is, he's not like Cam where he had major issues preventing him to play to his strengths. Edwards wants to play a style that's 100% AAU and he's years away from playing winning Basketball. I haven't seen someone so AAU based in their game since Tony Wroten. 

Tony never had the talent to overcome this flaw of his. I hope Anthony has. I would say he has the AAU styled game similar to a fresh out of HS player and while Tom Crean installed tremendous training, hard work, and a will to work in him, he didn't really get better at Basketball. He's just not a good player right now. Honestly, from a pure Basketball player stance, he's not any good. I would say he's the worst SG in this class expected to get drafted with Isaiah Joe. 

That said, like Joe, he's a much better fit for the NBA than someone like Sam Merrill and Elijah Hughes.

The best comparison I've seen for him is Zach LeVine impact wise but I think John Wall is a decent one. I think John is just better as a Basketball player at the same stage. So John Wall lite. Not the same players but they are overwhelmingly freakish athletically and size wise. They have insane explosiveness for their size. But it's the mental and the discipline that you question with both. Edwards even more than Wall and he doesn't play to his strengths while Wall did at this stage. Wall had a lot more good full game tape than Edwards did but his team was MUCH MUCH better. 

hace 12 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Then is Myles Turner deal. Third team is Houston and PG coming here is Holiday. My guess.