• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

So the Hawks gave no interest in trading for Buddy Hield? I checked his stats and he avg 19.2ppg this past season. This firs what the reddit guy stated.

From what we talked about previously, no. Atlanta didn't see the fit. Also, he's not really available anymore. The new GM from SAC likes Hield and thinks he wasn't used correctly last year and wants Walton to use him exactly how he envisions them playing. Glad you asked because he was one of the people I needed to covered when talking about SAC tomorrow. He's one of their building pieces. Him, Bagley, and obviously Fox. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Indy

Indy has been in talks with Atlanta and a 3rd team. This is a massive deal that has been in talks now for months, I even think I mentioned it on here before. Basically, the Atlanta part of the deal is done but the 3rd team is still far away from where they need to be for Indy. The only players I can say are in this deal is Oladipo to the 3rd team and Dedmon to one of the teams. This would be a major deal for all team involved

LAC, OKC, ATL - Dipo goes back to OKC, PG to Atlanta, CP3 to LAC?

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Boston is open to resigning Heyward but for 4/60-65 range. Not what he is seeking.

So why exactly are the Hawks going to give him an Al Horford like contract that's $40 million more? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LAC, OKC, ATL - Dipo goes back to OKC, PG to Atlanta, CP3 to LAC?

So why exactly are the Hawks going to give him an Al Horford like contract that's $40 million more? 

Sadly our PG13 dreams are shattered. It was always going to be difficult because but teams want a lot. 

I am not sure, I can't honestly answer that. I am not in the room for negotiations and they aren't "suppose" to be negotiating or they can be a big trouble.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta

This team controls the off-season board along with the Knicks as they are looking at everything. The difference is, Atlanta has players, teams like what could be had. It is fair to say, Atlanta will keep #6. It is fair to say, they could trade down. It is fair to say, they could trade up. They have a lot of options and I do not know where they will go at this time with that pick. Atlanta has gotten offered by damn near everyone and offered some players to damn near everyone.

What is clear is Capela, Trae, De’Andre, and Cam are not going to be traded at all this year. What is also clear is it will take a lot to get them to move Kevin or JC. Because of Atlanta’s cap situation, they are very flexible.

Atlanta wants to resign JT0 and Skal to multi-year low-waged deals but JT0 wants a higher wage which will not happen from Atlanta. He basically wants to play for a winner and depending on what Atlanta does this off-season, he might be on the way out.

I already mention there are players and key people within the org that wants to move up in the draft and some who wants to move back or stay at #6. I do not know which way they will go but expect it to happen on draft night. I did get confirmation that Atlanta will be a player in buying a pick in the 2nd round but do not lock it in.

Their biggest targets this off-season is:

G. Hayward

KCP who is expected to resign with LAL

Derrick Jones Jr. who is expected to have competition considering his wage demands.

Of course, resigning Skal and Jeff.

There obviously can be more but these were the ones I’ve heard we are serious about.

The Indy deal I mentioned earlier has a PG in it coming to Atlanta as well and that might remove the need for Jeff, but that deal is FAR from finalized due to the 3rd team.

Everything I am hearing is they want to improve the depth from 7-13 without question. Bruno has been impressing people in TC and maybe he could fight for the backup 5 spot with Dedmon.

Travis is not in win-now mode, but he is looking into how to make his team a consistent championship contender is his goal. LP and Tony are in win now mode. LP does realize his job is on the line and that we have high expectations for 2020-21. This will not impact how Travis GM’s. He is not going to make hasty decisions is what he was told but he will make decisions that everyone will not always agree with. He knows the team as well as anyone. Also, my guy did not get an idea that Atlanta is in the 2021 camp for a key FA. That makes me think they can cash in this year if the right deals are available.

Good Stuff!!!

Glad to here about resigning Skal @Gray Mule will be really happy.

Love hearing Bruno is playing well in camp, my hope is he replaces Dedmon by the deadline if Dedmon is traded @TheNorthCydeRises will be thrilled.

Interesting stuff regarding the front office directions in terms of the #6 pick, keep, trade up, trade down as well as 'win/now' differences.  I'm glad the Travis is taking this approach.

• Like 2

Just now, capstone21 said:

So the Indy deal ... is the point guard coming our way a defender?

Possibly. The reason he isn't mentioned is because he might not be in the deal when it's finalized. There are only two players I can give that I know are in the deal for a fact. That's Oladipo and Dedmon. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The said player is not a defender. He's a smart, hardworking, playmaking PG who's had the interest of the Hawks and Travis for years. 

So for the PG we are looking at, is he a starter or someone off the bench because I think I know who you talking about.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Indy deal I mentioned earlier has a PG in it coming to Atlanta as well and that might remove the need for Jeff, but that deal is FAR from finalized due to the 3rd team.

Ha, I saw PG and was thinking PG13:doh:....duh....Point Guard!

So here's the structure, please fill in the blank :battingeyelashes::

Pacers trades Dipo gets______________

Hawks trades Dedmon gets a Point guard

____________trades a point guard, gets Dipo

10 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I think being one of the few cap teams looking to trade works as an excuse, right?

Untelatedly, Capt Caveman, you're a good dude.

Haha, caveman with the shots 'n props combo platter. 😁

And, you're welcome, cave dude.  But I still gotta give you these double bird fingers to keep up appearances.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So for the PG we are looking at, is he a starter or someone off the bench because I think I know who you talking about.

If i see tj freaking McConnell walk thru that door, I'm gonna be pissed.

That plus supes "forgetting" my invitation to his family shindig may be too much for one man to handle. 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If i see tj freaking McConnell walk thru that door, I'm gonna be pissed.

That plus supes "forgetting" my invitation to his family shindig may be too much for one man to handle. 😔

or Tomas Satoransky

• Admin
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ha, I saw PG and was thinking PG13:doh:....duh....Point Guard!

So here's the structure, please fill in the blank :battingeyelashes::

Pacers trades Dipo gets______________

Hawks trades Dedmon gets a Point guard

____________trades a point guard, gets Dipo

The point guard is extra ... not main dude coming back by the sound of it.

• Thanks 1