• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Joe was also an All NBA level defender. Joe was a lot better than people here want to give him credit for.

I have no interest in Toby Harris with his contract. He's a good scorer that is a classic tweener and we have enough of them in our front court. He also doesn't play defense at a level he should. No thanks.

We agree here.  Harris has never touched JoeJohn's level of play.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's basically Joe Johnson in terms of pay vs actual accomplishment on court.

Actually, no, Harris is worse. At least JoeJohn was an all-star and actually led us to the playoffs.

Indeed! Joe was paid like Batman but he was Robin.......................................again Harris not even Aquaman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

He's basically Joe Johnson in terms of pay vs actual accomplishment on court.

WTF?  :fie:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Actually, no, Harris is worse. At least JoeJohn was an all-star and actually led us to the playoffs.

:chillpill:  Ok better.  Settling back down.

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We agree here.  Harris has never touched JoeJohn's level of play.

:ok: Now we're back in the land of sanity!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, warcore said:

I will not be happy if we trade #6 for Holiday. I think there will be good players available at #6. Hayes and Okongwu will likely be available and I'd rather have either of them going forward. 

Are any of those players better than the young players we have now . . or have the potential to be better?

If not, bringing in Holliday would be the perfect combo guard to play alongside Trae.  He can defend, shoot, and run the point, which can free up Trae to score off the ball more.  Most important, either he or Trae could be the leader of the 2nd team at the point.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Are any of those players better than the young players we have now . . or have the potential to be better?

If not, bringing in Holliday would be the perfect combo guard to play alongside Trae.  He can defend, shoot, and run the point, which can free up Trae to score off the ball more.  Most important, either he or Trae could be the leader of the 2nd team at the point.

I think I have seen enough to know that Moving Trae into an OG type role is a bad thing.  Not bad that he couldn't do it.. but Bad in that I think our offense is better when Trae has the ball.  I would rather us get a traditional back court mate for Trae... Like Beal or Klay or even Jimmy Butler.  Well not Butler.. he can't shoot.    If we brought Holliday here... it would be mainly because he can shoot.  Others who hit my list and may be available is Buddy Heild.  I just don't want to have a vet like Holliday come in and we try to force Trae into another position. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I think I have seen enough to know that Moving Trae into an OG type role is a bad thing.  Not bad that he couldn't do it.. but Bad in that I think our offense is better when Trae has the ball.  I would rather us get a traditional back court mate for Trae... Like Beal or Klay or even Jimmy Butler.  Well not Butler.. he can't shoot.    If we brought Holliday here... it would be mainly because he can shoot.  Others who hit my list and may be available is Buddy Heild.  I just don't want to have a vet like Holliday come in and we try to force Trae into another position. 

I think Cam will develop to be that guy sooner than later.   If we could get Klay then yeah that would be something to consider otherwise i'm patient.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hayes definitely has the potential to do all of that at a more elite level. I see us making the playoffs either way with Hayes or Holiday. Difference is maybe a seed or two higher next season and nothing after that (Holiday). Versus a seed or two lower with much more going forward (Hayes). 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm in between all three of these posts...

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Am I the ONLY one who dislikes small-ball backcourts?  I like Beal, but I thought he was taller.  There's no way I'd run him next to Trae.  To the point you make though, I also worry about Trae off the ball for extended amounts of time and agree that bringing in a traditional 2 or big-ish combo guard is the way to go.  As much as I drool over two prolific playmakers on the floor, I'd sooner not dabble with any sort of Trae as a SG experiment.  We're better off for having the ball in his hands

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Cam will develop to be that guy sooner than later.   If we could get Klay then yeah that would be something to consider otherwise i'm patient.   

I also believe in Cam at the 2 and that it's just a matter of time before he finds his stride.  I worry about his aggressiveness and assertiveness...which is needed if he's going to blossom as a scorer.  It's what allowed him to be overshadowed at Duke and slip in the draft.  Same problem Marvin Williams had here...just didn't have the fire/selfishness to elevate his game.  Shooters have to shoot.  Unless you're playing big point, you're only job is to literally shoot the damn ball.  If Cam is going to take the next step, he's got to get a little more selfish IMO.

39 minutes ago, warcore said:

Hayes definitely has the potential to do all of that at a more elite level. I see us making the playoffs either way with Hayes or Holiday. Difference is maybe a seed or two higher next season and nothing after that (Holiday). Versus a seed or two lower with much more going forward (Hayes). 

For where we are, Hayes is my guy in this draft.  I'd pick him no hesitation if he's there at 6.  He's insurance at the point and looks like he can readily slide over to the 2.  I like him...and I mean I REALLY like him.  I'm not looking at his numbers, which are admittedly quite modest...I'm looking at how he actually plays and how ridiculously CLEAN his jumper is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I like Cam.  I like Cam a lot.. actually.  But I dont think he can be that guy.  he's not a 3 and D guy.  He's a slasher.  His 33% shooting is what it was in College and it fits that type of player that he is.  I think in the future, you probably slide him to Sf and let him slash ala Jimmy Butler.  See if ala Jimmy Butler he can develop his midrange game.   However, you can be as patient as you want and it may be 5 years before he even sniffs 38% from three.  It's nothing about the mechanics or his BBIQ.. it's just training.   Shooters are trained. 

• Premium Member

Lots of talk about Hayes.... The unseen.

The word of the day is Vet. 

If it could get done.

Hunter/ 2 2nd rounders to Sacramento for Hield. 

I think Hield would make a good backcourt mate for Trae.   His shooting would be welcome.  He would have to be recoached.  I think Luke Walton has scarred Bobby.  I think SacTown takes the deal just to get out of Hield's contract and because Hunter has great potential. 

For us... it's a gamble.   But I like the kid's shooting.  He's not Holliday as a player but I think he can shoot better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I like Cam.  I like Cam a lot.. actually.  But I dont think he can be that guy.  he's not a 3 and D guy.  He's a slasher.  His 33% shooting is what it was in College and it fits that type of player that he is.  I think in the future, you probably slide him to Sf and let him slash ala Jimmy Butler.  See if ala Jimmy Butler he can develop his midrange game.   However, you can be as patient as you want and it may be 5 years before he even sniffs 38% from three.  It's nothing about the mechanics or his BBIQ.. it's just training.   Shooters are trained. 

I think it's important to look at Cam's 3pt splits to understand his overall 3pt percentages.

The first 2 months of his NBA career

October: 1 -18 for .05%, that's less than 1 %

November: 12 -43 for 27% 

Those numbers are hard to overcome in the final percentage.

Compare December thru March when the coaches worked on him being shot ready, his percentage is at 37%.

I do agree he's not strictly 3nD because of his slashing ability.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Lots of talk about Hayes.... The unseen.

The word of the day is Vet. 

If it could get done.

Hunter/ 2 2nd rounders to Sacramento for Hield. 

I think Hield would make a good backcourt mate for Trae.   His shooting would be welcome.  He would have to be recoached.  I think Luke Walton has scarred Bobby.  I think SacTown takes the deal just to get out of Hield's contract and because Hunter has great potential. 

For us... it's a gamble.   But I like the kid's shooting.  He's not Holliday as a player but I think he can shoot better.

Again it's an overpay for Hield. He's disgruntled in Sac, he's not a good defender or has enough play making for a SG, he's a CnS guard and he's now considered overpayed for his skillset.

The trade could be #6 for Hield and #12 (which has been thrown out before on here). Hawks help Sac by clearing his salary so they can resign Bogdan and we move down 6 spots in the draft.

I'd actually prefer to try and sign Bogdan as a FA instead of trading for Buddy and keep #6.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's important to look at Cam's 3pt splits to understand his overall 3pt percentages.

The first 2 months of his NBA career

October: 1 -18 for .05%, that's less than 1 %

November: 12 -43 for 27% 

Those numbers are hard to overcome in the final percentage.

Compare December thru March when the coaches worked on him being shot ready, his percentage is at 37%.

I do agree he's not strictly 3nD because of his slashing ability.

Beyond that, his college numbers spoke highly of his volume in general. 

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/12/draft-notes-shittu-reddish-little-mirror-seasons/

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/05/16/draft-notes-quick-thoughts-question-answer-dropbox/

Just now, marco102 said:

OMG, just PM me.  I won't tell a soul!

I can't, this isn't a promised not to tell thing, this is an approval thing. With him, he's not my Bay Area guy who just says shit you could also find on the internet or eventually on the internet. My guy actually knows what's going on behind the scenes. 

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1