• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't, this isn't a promised not to tell thing, this is an approval thing. With him, he's not my Bay Area guy who just says shit you could also find on the internet or eventually on the internet. My guy actually knows what's going on behind the scenes. 

How long?  Hours?  Days?  A week?  

Can I leave and return later?  Or, is happening really, really soon?

Not that I want to know.  Just asking.

😜

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I like Cam.  I like Cam a lot.. actually.  But I dont think he can be that guy.  he's not a 3 and D guy.  He's a slasher.  His 33% shooting is what it was in College and it fits that type of player that he is.  I think in the future, you probably slide him to Sf and let him slash ala Jimmy Butler.  See if ala Jimmy Butler he can develop his midrange game.   However, you can be as patient as you want and it may be 5 years before he even sniffs 38% from three.  It's nothing about the mechanics or his BBIQ.. it's just training.   Shooters are trained. 

Cam already has a midrange game..

21 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Exactly as I thought.

travis and co are definitely on the hot seat.

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

For where we are, Hayes is my guy in this draft.  I'd pick him no hesitation if he's there at 6.  He's insurance at the point and looks like he can readily slide over to the 2.  I like him...and I mean I REALLY like him.  I'm not looking at his numbers, which are admittedly quite modest...I'm looking at how he actually plays and how ridiculously CLEAN his jumper is.

also how fluid his movement is. I know many are high on Haliburton, but he just moves so robotically. Hayes has natural fluid athleticism. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When you hear what I got, they should be a playoff team if healthy. 

Supes you scarin' me with this kinda talk. It screams trading #6 for an expiring vet. 

And I'm guessing Giannis is getting the supermax extension based on the hints you've dropped. They don't know what the numbers will be until the CBA is sorted, so that's why we can't hear about that til next week. Amiright!?!?!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

Supes you scarin' me with this kinda talk. It screams trading #6 for an expiring vet. 

And I'm guessing Giannis is getting the supermax extension based on the hints you've dropped. They don't know what the numbers will be until the CBA is sorted, so that's why we can't hear about that til next week. Amiright!?!?!?

If it's #6 for an expiring vet then Ressler has clealy taken control, and Schlenk is just rubber stamping it for the sake of optics.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, warcore said:

also how fluid his movement is. I know many are high on Haliburton, but he just moves so robotically. Hayes has natural fluid athleticism. 

I liked Hayes a lot initially but in addition to him generally not being tied to us in any news/updates, I have since moved off of wanting a rookie backing up Trae. I want a vet PG on the 2nd unit. I just think when you talk about leadership void in the locker room, having an experienced ball handler on the floor when Trae sits would do wonders for the performance of the team. Keeps the pressure off of Lloyd to leave Trae out there when he is having one of those off game's where he is inefficient.

I like the kids game though.

9 minutes ago, warcore said:

I been telling ya'll Giannis would Re-Sign. He is not built the same as the American born superstars. He has a different level of pride/ego/stubbornness about himself.

About the pick swap or whatever, I'm with it. Im not here to sit on our hands just to draft a rookie that cant beat out any of our top 6. No Summer League, barely any Pre-Season, potentially no G-League either, we dont have developmental minutes to give away.

Unless we are moving up for a guy we think has that elite potential, Im fine with trading 6 for a Vet, rental or not, if it gets us to the playoffs. No need to keep losing for the sake of being frugal. Make a splash, get some headlines/attention, make the playoffs, etc... the whole narrative begins to change about this core once we start winning games.

40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I been telling ya'll Giannis would Re-Sign. He is not built the same as the American born superstars. He has a different level of pride/ego/stubbornness about himself.

About the pick swap or whatever, I'm with it. Im not here to sit on our hands just to draft a rookie that cant beat out any of our top 6. No Summer League, barely any Pre-Season, potentially no G-League either, we dont have developmental minutes to give away.

Unless we are moving up for a guy we think has that elite potential, Im fine with trading 6 for a Vet, rental or not, if it gets us to the playoffs. No need to keep losing for the sake of being frugal. Make a splash, get some headlines/attention, make the playoffs, etc... the whole narrative begins to change about this core once we start winning games.

I couldn't disagree more. Trading #6 for a rental is not the right call. Unless there is at least 2 years on the deal don't do it. When has trading a top 10 pick for a rental even been worth it? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I couldn't disagree more. Trading #6 for a rental is not the right call. Unless there is at least 2 years on the deal don't do it. When has trading a top 10 pick for a rental even been worth it? 

In a weak draft maybe? Like everyone agreed this was for years. Seems almost too perfect timing if you ask me that we invested in so much youth already that this pick is house money.

I usually champion the logic that there is a star in every draft, and that includes this one. But stars in these type of drafts take much longer to develop and weed themselves out. Unless we are in love with Ball/Edwards (and for some, Toppin) and trade up for them, whoever that hidden gem is, is going to be a long term developing prospect.

Our timeline started with Trae who is ahead of schedule. Collins is in his early prime and is a big time piece. If there is a vet/star that can contribute at a high level, that makes more sense to me then investing in more youth than the youth we already have. We learned last year, too much youth is counter productive. If we are too afraid to move the core players, then its time to build around them with vets and not more rookies. My thoughts I went in detail on my logic in several threads already.

We can just agree to disagree on approach. Im not saying throw away all of our assets for Jrue Holiday. But if a good trade makes sense that only includes a draft pick and non core pieces, then I say go for it. In one year, if it doesnt work and they walk, we have not only the cap space, but now hopefully the HYPE and Attention to go after one of the big gun FA's in 2021. It lines up well for me.