• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boston isn't sending out a TPE, they are getting one from us. so if we sign Hayward at $22 mil, that's the value of the TPE.

Boston can then use the TPE on one player worth $22 mil or get multiple players totaling $22 mil.

lol, you are easily satisfied. :hehe:

The TPE is the difference in the 1st year salary + $5 mil

"Teams above the cap (or teams below the cap but would end up more than $100,000 over the cap following a trade) cannot acquire more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary they trade away. Under the 2011 CBA, teams that remain below the luxury tax threshold even after the trade can acquire the lesser of 150% plus $100,000, or 100% plus $5 million, of the salary they trade away.[5] There is no lower limit—teams may divest themselves of as much salary as they wish (or can convince another team to take on) in a trade."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap#Trading_and_the_salary_cap

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Not sure that's realistic, but it's where I'd start the negotiations.

Remember that Boston really doesn't have room for all those first rounders anyway.

It's very unrealistic. A mid 1st for a TPE even this large is unreasonable 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

"Teams above the cap (or teams below the cap but would end up more than $100,000 over the cap following a trade) cannot acquire more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary they trade away. Under the 2011 CBA, teams that remain below the luxury tax threshold even after the trade can acquire the lesser of 150% plus $100,000, or 100% plus $5 million, of the salary they trade away.[5] There is no lower limit—teams may divest themselves of as much salary as they wish (or can convince another team to take on) in a trade."

Thanks,. I did not know about the +$5 million.  

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Geez

Just now, thecampster said:

and the TPE is based on the 1st year / current year salary...not any extended salary.

That's a damn max contract for Boston in this case.

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

So in my Dedmon scenario....there is a $21 million difference in salary....this grants them a $26 million TPE... that + Dedmon is more than worth that 14th pick.

This is based on Hayward's opt in salary of $34 mil?

Full disclaimer....I am not saying this is what happens but you asked how and this is the how I would be trading for if I was Travis.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This is based on Hayward's opt in salary of $34 mil?

yes...we can't trade for him without the opt in. They can't sign and trade him. He has to opt in and be traded or extended and traded....only way they get compensation.

• Like 3

to be perfectly honest, they don't want that salary on the books. It limits them in signing whoever they sign with trade for with that TPE....they would still like to crawl under the LT if they can.

It's the flexibility of having 26-40 million and just a full MLE. That's a massive coup for Ainge.

• Like 1

Full disclaimer....I am not saying this is what happens but you asked how and this is the how I would be trading for if I was Travis.

yes...we can't trade for him without the opt in. They can't sign and trade him. He has to opt in and be traded or extended and traded....only way they get compensation.

We however could just sign him out right...which means we're looking for extra compensation for the TPE.

• Like 1

So he doesn't lose his salary for 2020 and he gets an extension for 2021 and beyond. Crafty as fugg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

That would be an awesome trade for ATL

I wonder if we'd keep Both picks..At 6 and 14 we could end up with Okungwu and Maxey,Anthony(Supes said Schlenk likes Cole)

Trae/Vet/Anthony

Cam/Huerter/FA

Hayward/Hunter

Collins/FA/Skal

Capela/Gwu/Bruno