• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 minute ago, neanderballer said:

So if he opts in for the trade, he makes $34M next year which is fine b/c we have space and can trade Dedmon for more if necessary. Any guess on what the terms of the extension would be? We can give him up to 4 additional years, wonder what the $$$ would look like. 

The extension can be for 2 more years and would be for something like $30 million per year.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

crazy idea: we get hayward and 14 and flip 6 and 14 to Minn or GS to get Edwards. 

Huerter, 14+6 might be enough...may cost the OKC pick as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The extension can be for 2 more years and would be for something like $30 million per year.

Huerter, 14+6 might be enough...may cost the OKC pick as well.

Woah! That’s too much to move up! Huerter + 2 lottery picks....if the two lottery picks can’t move you to 2 then we should stay put and take the best talent available at each pick in my opinion 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Why only 2? And do you think $30M is what he was getting on the market or is there a rule where his salary can only decrease a certain % in an extension?

"A regular extension of a veteran’s contract may cover 5 years (including the years remaining on the original contract when the extension is signed)."

https://cbabreakdown.com/contract-types#:~:text=A regular extension of a,through the day before the

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

1 you'd have to get to 1. Minny is set to take Edwards at 1.

Hmmm I guess I’m not as big of a Edwards fan as I thought then because if we get Hayward and 14 I wouldn’t dare trade my 2 lotto picks and Huerter for Edwards.

I’d much rather stay at 6 and draft okongwu and pick the best player available at 14

1 minute ago, Wurider05 said:

While we need all the talent we can get. I personally have always liked Hayward but is he really a 30+ million dollar player?  We better damn sure be ready to pay John Collins. 

We own Collins full bird rights...nothing to really worry about unless Schlenk doesn’t want to pay him.

Edited by JTB

2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

While we need all the talent we can get. I personally have always liked Hayward but is he really a 30+ million dollar player?  We better damn sure be ready to pay John Collins. 

As long as that extension expires before Trae's kicks in, we should be cool. 

6 minutes ago, neanderballer said:

Why only 2? And do you think $30M is what he was getting on the market or is there a rule where his salary can only decrease a certain % in an extension?

"A regular extension of a veteran’s contract may cover 5 years (including the years remaining on the original contract when the extension is signed)."

https://cbabreakdown.com/contract-types#:~:text=A regular extension of a,through the day before the

https://cbabreakdown.com/trades

A team may extend and trade a player within these rules. An extension-and-trade is allowed if (i) the contract covers no more than 3 seasons (including any years remaining in the original contract), (ii) the salary in the first year of the extended term is no more than 105% of the salary in the last year of the original term, and (iii) the annual salary increases are no more than 5% of the salary in the first season covered by the extended term.

• To prevent teams from getting around these limitations, teams cannot trade any player that signs an extension covering more than 3 seasons, a higher salary, or with larger annual increases for the next 6 months.

• Similarly, if a team receives a player in a trade, then for the next 6 months following that trade the team cannot sign the player to an extension that would violate the limitations for an extension-and-trade transaction.

Also...I covered this already.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

crazy idea: we get hayward and 14 and flip 6 and 14 to Minn or GS to get Edwards. 

Latest from Edwards, this is not very inspiring:

He says he stayed home and went to Georgia rather than a powerhouse like Duke or North Carolina in order to be closer to his newborn nephew. But later he says, "I'm ready to get out of Atlanta." (The Hawks hold the sixth pick in Wednesday's draft.) He says he doesn't think about being the first player taken. He'll be ready when the time comes, but "other than that, I don't even care."

"To be honest," he says, "I can't watch basketball."

He retells the story about the first time he dunked and how it signaled to him that he was talented and could accomplish something he might not have been able to in football, which was his first love. So that's the direction he went, simple as that, hanging up his cleats. "That's all I needed to see," he says.

So when after that did he get into basketball?

"I'm still not really into it," he says. "I love basketball, yeah. It's what I do."

He's not entirely convincing. He says if he were drafted by the NFL tomorrow, he'd let basketball go. "Because you can do anything on the field," he explains. "You can spike the ball. You can dance. You can do all type of disrespectful stuff." In the NBA, he says, "you can't do any of that. You'll get fined."

He's not serious is he?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30321844/the-pain-promise-top-nba-draft-prospect-anthony-edwards

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

So we went from having options including getting Heywood to going all in on Heywood which results in no longer having options and helping Boston too?? 🤦‍♂️

Our options were always pretty limited IMO. I wasn't expecting to get anyone at Hayward's level. (and there's still a good chance we won't)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Latest from Edwards, this is not very inspiring:

He's not serious is he?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30321844/the-pain-promise-top-nba-draft-prospect-anthony-edwards

Was gonna say, when did all the lovefest for Edwards start back up? Thought it was assumed his passion for the game was in question and his warts were going to keep him from being truly coveted?