• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, ShooterSays said:

And in return a coup for us to get a lottery pick out of it potentially. This seems like a win/win as long as you don't mind scratching Danny's back?

More like scratching his ass. This gets a get out of jail card. That's a freakish win

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's the flexibility of having 26-40 million and just a full MLE. That's a massive coup for Ainge.

If Kanter opts out, and we did the trade I mentioned, they'll have 13 players on the roster (not including Tacko Fall). So they'll have 2 slots to fill and 3 draft picks + a TPE. The TPE becomes 1 player and they send out a pick for it. The other pick comes our way. Pick 3 = their 15th player or is used in the trade and they use MLE to sign another vet.

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

And in return a coup for us to get a lottery pick out of it potentially. This seems like a win/win as long as you don't mind scratching Danny's back?

I mind but since Danny isn’t getting over in a trade...as much as I can’t stand to say it I’d scratch ol Danny’s back this one time 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Full disclaimer....I am not saying this is what happens but you asked how and this is the how I would be trading for if I was Travis.

yes...we can't trade for him without the opt in. They can't sign and trade him. He has to opt in and be traded or extended and traded....only way they get compensation.

But I thought he can opt out, resign with Boston on a longer term deal but a lower salary then traded to the Hawks via the SnT?

Edit: Never mind - can't be traded for 6 months after signing new deal.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

If he opts out, he is no longer Boston property...you can't sign a player and use him in a trade for 6 months. You can extend and trade because he was your asset for 6 months already but if he opts out, he's done on Boston's books.

We are holding all the cards here and can hold this ransom.  If Hayward opts out and signs with us...Boston will get a few million under the cap and won't be able to sign or trade for anyone beyond the 125% rule.  Boston is over a barrel with this (as I brought up weeks ago). I knew this was possible and was discussed but it was just discussion then.

If we don't get that 14th pick...this is a loss for Schlenk and I'll start to jump on the anti Shlenk train.

I totally forgot about a player signing a new deal can't be traded for 6 months.