• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know how a SnT is possible but Boston wants a TPE so they can do a blockbuster deal. Can someone @thecampster tell me how this is possible. This is what I got about a hour ago from a Boston lead. Aren't these guys hard capped?

Postponing the opt in/out date, allows the SnT to take place in the new league year 2020/21 season so I think it removes the hard cap issue from this past season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

Other than how is it possible I would like to know why in the hell would we want to help the Celtics out . The only way I would help is if you give us Hayward and Smart.

Yeah I don’t like that we are helping them ...I really hate that 

Maybe a draft pick to take a pg?

• Premium Member

There is no need for the Hawks to include any picks in a deal for a SnT for Hayward since we have the capspace to sign him outright.  Boston will be getting a TPE nothing else.  And if Travis does this he should be fired fortwith.  No pick swap for #6 and #14 either.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no need for the Hawks to include any picks in a deal for a SnT for Hayward since we have the capspace to sign him outright.  Boston will be getting a TPE nothing else.

That assumes that the Hawks are Hayward's first choice.  His willingness to extend the option deadline would indicate otherwise.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, mrhonline said:

That assumes that the Hawks are Hayward's first choice.  His willingness to extend the option deadline would indicate otherwise.

I mentioned a few pages ago, this only works if Hayward is interested in being on he Hawks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Wait so once Hayward opts in does he get to decide where he goes? Or does Ainge decide? I'm unclear how this works.

If he opts in, Ainge decides. But he's likely using the Hawks as leverage to say, "Trade me where I want or I'll just go to Atlanta."

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mentioned a few pages ago, this only works if Hayward is interested in being on he Hawks.

If he was, wouldn't he have just opted out?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Wait so once Hayward opts in does he get to decide where he goes? Or does Ainge decide? I'm unclear how this works.

If he opts in it's at $34 million, that's hard to trade.  

it was said teams interested in trading for Hayward wants him on a long term deal.  Hence he would have to opt out and resign for additional years but at a lower starting salary.

Just now, neanderballer said:

If it's a sign and trade, he doesn't opt in. He opts out, Celts sign him to a deal that has been agreed upon with the team he is being traded to and then trade him. If it's to Atlanta they would only get the TPE back, as we can absorb him into the cap space. 

This ultimately helps Boston as it gives Boston the asset to take on a big contract via a trade like Steven Adams or Andre Drummond. 

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I hear Boston s trying to get picks for Hayward and Kemba to use in a trade for Harden..IDK how true that is..

Not true. They are not on the Harden market. They are targeting Beal who's not available right now. That's there big trade of the future.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I hear Boston s trying to get picks for Hayward and Kemba to use in a trade for Harden..IDK how true that is..

I think smart is included in the deal for the 6th pick . Then Boston will use that and kemba for harden to the rockets. Rockets will proceed with trading away Westbrick 

9 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Idk why everyone is against Hayward, especially for the make the playoffs crowd.

trae-cam-Gordon-jc-Capela is top 5 in the east at minimum.

thats a fun team that still has a eye on the future.

im all for it.

I actually like Hayward at a decent price. Not a "hefty" 4-5 year deal price. Will he average 50 games or less a season the rest of his career?