• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll say this about Wiggins.  If the Hawks do acquire him, he does represent a player on the team that can create his own shot, something that is sorely lacking on this team. 

The Hawks also need talent, even if it's flawed talent like Wiggins.

And the Hawks, as this moment, obviously don't mind taking on a bad contract, if that contract can contribute . . somewhat.

Yes, it's a lot of "yeah, buts" in those sentences.  But it is what it is.

If both of the rumored deals go through, here is the potential lineup . . . or should be.

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Wiggins

PF - Collins

C - Capela

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

Honestly, I can roll with that for 1.5 years, with the option to move Wiggins to a 6th man role ( something he may be better suited at ), if we want to give the kids more time to develop.

Wiggins has three years left on his deal making 30 per. That's a no go for me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a lot of guys moving. It makes me nervous - one team gets skittish and the whole thing crumbles.

Agreed. I am not sure where the media are getting Wiggins to GSW from. He just told me a hour ago that GS doesn't want his contract but we will see... I just know Atlanta players are all of up in this deal as fillers 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Wow, GS may think they are gold mining with Wiggins and the picks.  I think they are too smart for their own good, and this will bite them in the ass.

Good to understand that the Capela deal can go down with or without them, and Wiggles won't be driving down Peachtree anytime soon,

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Agreed. I am not sure where teams are getting Wiggins to GSW from. He just told me a hour ago that GS doesn't want his contract but we will see... I just Atlanta players are all of up in this deal as fillers 

3 years left at 30 per. That's an awful contract (for the team).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll say this about Wiggins.  If the Hawks do acquire him, he does represent a player on the team that can create his own shot, something that is sorely lacking on this team. 

And the Hawks, as this moment, obviously don't mind taking 

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Wiggins

PF - Collins

C - Capela

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

That lineup of Trae, Huerter, Wiggins, Collins - that defense though. Wiggins doesn't play defense.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this Wiggins thing, but $30 millions for such a dissapointing player...i just can't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

3 years left at 30 per. That's an awful contract (for the team).

Especially when GS goal is just to flip it in the offseason for a star who fits. It just doesn't make logical sense for GS to want to take on Wiggins salary if just say we go with the ringers take. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Especially when GS goal is just to flip it in the offseason for a star who fits. It just doesn't make logical sense for GS to want to take on Wiggins salary if just say we go with the ringers take. 

GS did a good job getting D. Russell for basically nothing and now can sell him at a nice profit.

I think I believe the Wiggins to GSW angle, no offense Supes.  It just makes more sense all around.  

Now consider this:

a) We traded Prince for the 17th pick last year, the BKN pick this year, and Crabbe (into our gaping cap space).

b) We turned it into:  Jeff Teague, Cam Reddish (in part due to that 17th pick), and Clinton Capela.

If that is the final analysis on Taurean Prince, all y'all can shut the f up about cap space never buying any players.  

Just now, bleachkit said:

GS did a good job getting D. Russell for basically nothing and now can sell him at a nice profit.

That's what GS realizes, this might be the highest Russell value is. You never know who or what can be able in the offseason. But yeah, that SnT cost them a 1st but will net them a lot more. Smart business

1 minute ago, txsting said:

I think I believe the Wiggins to GSW angle, no offense Supes.  It just makes more sense all around.  

Now consider this:

a) We traded Prince for the 17th pick last year, the BKN pick this year, and Crabbe (into our gaping cap space).

b) We turned it into:  Jeff Teague, Cam Reddish (in part due to that 17th pick), and Clinton Capela.

If that is the final analysis on Taurean Prince, all y'all can shut the f up about cap space never buying any players.  

Cam had nothing to do with that trade, that was De'Andre Hunter

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Wiggins surrounded with Steph, Klay and Green would hide him on defense and absolutely enhance him on offense. Wiggins is a great slasher to the rim.  GSW has the shooters to create space and open lanes for Wiggins to attack the rim.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Brooklyn had a word they would land both Durant and Kyrie. Small price to pay honestly

I'm not saying we robbed Brooklyn; it was the rarest of birds.  An actual win-win scenario.  Brooklyn made out like kings; but they needed a cap space partner in crime and we played the part so well and got amazing value.  THAT is how you profit with cap space.  Now, we still need to grab Capela to really make it complete, but it looks close to done honestly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And the Hawks, as this moment, obviously don't mind taking on a bad contract, if that contract can contribute . . somewhat.

Yes, it's a lot of "yeah, buts" in those sentences.  But it is what it is.

If both of the rumored deals go through, here is the potential lineup . . . or should be.

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Wiggins

PF - Collins

C - Capela

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

Honestly, I can roll with that for 1.5 years, with the option to move Wiggins to a 6th man role ( something he may be better suited at ), if we want to give the kids more time to develop.

YOu can roll with Vince at backup PF for another year???lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So if Wiggins is flipped for Love . . .

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Hunter

PF - Collins

C - Love

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

At this point, it is what it is.  The Hawks need viable veteran talent to help speed this rebuild along in these next few years.

They need veterans, but they need good veterans that can help a team win.  There is a reason Minnesota has been bad with Wiggins.  He does nothing that contributes to winning.  He’s a lazy volume shooter who lacks efficiency and defense.

• Like 1