• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Reddish--what we probably already knew!!!

Wurider05

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think Cam is going to be a lot better than Plastic man.

Overall yes. Defensively, if he is, I’m beyond excited. I can’t sell plastic short I’m sorry. Plus it was a different game but that’s what Cam’s got, that 90’s in ur grill and want to take the ball from you type D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You're doing it wrong, homes.

You're supposed to double down and just own it.  Wrong or right.

Oh you’re just dehydrated. 😯 

58 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

*throws on the stethoscope*

The fact that he’s avg single digits on a tanking team with a bad GM and a careless owner is the reason he will never be great. The team will be losers for 10 years because we were in position to draft him. He shouldn’t even be getting minutes because he’s young and a negative and if Bud was still here he would be in the G league.

Better ? 

Did you become cool 😎 overnight. Brother went from Urkel to Stephon overnight. I ain’t mad atcha Roc! 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Overall yes. Defensively, if he is, I’m beyond excited. I can’t sell plastic short I’m sorry. Plus it was a different game but that’s what Cam’s got, that 90’s in ur grill and want to take the ball from you type D.

He was an excellent defender but not overall a significant impact player, IMO.  I'd compare him with role players like Tony Allen, Bruce Bowen, Patrick Beverly, etc.  At the end of the day, he was never even a remote consideration for an All-Star spot and was a borderline starter.  Probably best categorized as a 6th man.  (He started less than 20% of his games after he left the Hawks at age 28.)  So I'm only going to compare them with an explicit reference to their defense because I expect Cam to not only be a no-brainer starter worthy but a true impact player.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

borderline starter.

Ur forgetting the Jordanless couple of seasons my friend. Plastic man was the man for us. Him and Mookie were a dynamite defensive backcourt. We had the #1 seed in the east with Augmon starting at sg so saying he was a borderline starter is a bit off to me.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ur forgetting the Jordanless couple of seasons my friend. Plastic man was the man for us. Him and Mookie were a dynamite defensive backcourt. We had the #1 seed in the east with Augmon starting at sg so saying he was a borderline starter is a bit off to me.

I'm not forgetting those seasons.  Mookie was a beast and he and Augmon were a dynamic pair on defense.  But Tony Allen with Gary Payton would be a great defensive backcourt and still leave Allen a borderline starer. 

Look at Augmon's career compared to Cam's rookie season

Career Numbers:

Augmon - 13.3 pp36, 5.3 rp36, 2.6 ap36, 1.5 sp36, 0.5 bp36

Cam ----- 13.2 pp36, 5.0 rp36, 2.1 ap36, 1.5 sp36, 0.7 bp36

The per minute numbers are so close even with Cam's craptastic 2019 (for example, his pp36 in 2020 is ~16 after being just ~11 for the first 3 months).  Cam has a ways to go to catch up on defense but is already very good there and is just getting warmed up with the rest of his game.  Kid is going to get stronger and better and I don't think you will be looking for that comparison in the future.

I also expect a big contrast in their games in the sense that Stacey shrunk the floor on offense with his non-existent range while Cam will be creating space beyond the arc if his 2020 shooting holds up.  It was easier to live with that limitation for Plastic Man in the 90's era ball.  Would be very difficult to accept a 15.2% 3pt shot today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I'm not forgetting those seasons.  Mookie was a beast and he and Augmon were a dynamic pair on defense.  But Tony Allen with Gary Payton would be a great defensive backcourt and still leave Allen a borderline starer. 

Look at Augmon's career compared to Cam's rookie season

Career Numbers:

Augmon - 13.3 pp36, 5.3 rp36, 2.6 ap36, 1.5 sp36, 0.5 bp36

Cam ----- 13.2 pp36, 5.0 rp36, 2.1 ap36, 1.5 sp36, 0.7 bp36

The per minute numbers are so close even with Cam's craptastic 2019 (for example, his pp36 in 2020 is ~16 after being just ~11 for the first 3 months).  Cam has a ways to go to catch up on defense but is already very good there and is just getting warmed up with the rest of his game.  Kid is going to get stronger and better and I don't think you will be looking for that comparison in the future.

I also expect a big contrast in their games in the sense that Stacey shrunk the floor on offense with his non-existent range while Cam will be creating space beyond the arc if his 2020 shooting holds up.  It was easier to live with that limitation for Plastic Man in the 90's era ball.  Would be very difficult to accept a 15.2% 3pt shot today.

You seem to be creating a type of situation where you are indicating that I’m saying Augmon is the better overall player and that’s not what my intention is but rather comparing the two defensively and just saying we haven’t really had an on the ball type defender like Cam since Augmon. Stat wise no Augmon wasn’t that guy. But he locked 🔒 people down and you can’t discredit one side of the ball imo.

Also I no longer fully consider stats all that meaningful anymore since the game changed and everyone and their moms are taking threes. Having said that, a guy like Augmon has such a set shot and such a long timed release that I don’t think he would be able to adjust in today’s game even if he played now.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Cam

You know I’m pro Cam right. I got his Hawks jersey in July. 😉 I don’t have many jerseys, just in the 20’s (2 of which are Marv but I digress).

Cam is going to be a perennial all star. 2 way player ala Paul George, Scottie Pippen, etc. He’s a throwback type.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You seem to be creating a type of situation where you are indicating that I’m saying Augmon is the better overall player and that’s not what my intention is but rather comparing the two defensively and just saying we haven’t really had an on the ball type defender like Cam since Augmon. Stat wise no Augmon wasn’t that guy. But he locked 🔒 people down and you can’t discredit one side of the ball imo.

Also I no longer fully consider stats all that meaningful anymore since the game changed and everyone and their moms are taking threes. Having said that, a guy like Augmon has such a set shot and such a long timed release that I don’t think he would be able to adjust in today’s game even if he played now.

That was my original point.  You said Cam is our "new age Plastic Man."  I said what you just said - compare them defensively but overall they aren't comparable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

That was my original point.  You said Cam is our "new age Plastic Man."  I said what you just said - compare them defensively but overall they aren't comparable.

I thought I had said that originally as well. 😆 Confusion 🤷‍♀️ 😂 I think we are saying the same thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

“We set a couple goals for each guy at the All-Star break,” Pierce said. “One of our goals with Cam was to get four free throws per game, he had nine tonight, all in the first half. His mentality was tremendous. I love his attack mentality.”

Following up with Pierce this week, here’s what the Hawks coach had to add on Reddish climbing towards the aforementioned goal:

“The number is kind of a made-up number, it’s just a mindset,” Pierce remarked. “If he’s out there 28 minutes, 26 minutes I think he’s averaging. How do we get him in the mindset where he’s attacking downhill, so he’s not just settling. Obviously knocking down open threes and looking for his shot... It’s really just trying to change the mindset so he’s in attack mode all the time, and when he’s in attack mode he’s going to get to the free throw line.”

“Getting (drawing) fouls is going to help me open up my offensive game”, Reddish told Peachtree Hoops after a recent practice. “Gettingto the free throw line... getting a few easy buckets, see a few go down. It’s an important piece.”

• Like 3