• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Reddish--what we probably already knew!!!

Wurider05

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

We have very little information on this right now to provide key context.  Whether this is "putting the few above the many" or "babying" people depends on the details we don't have.  This is the list of the youngest players on the team so the idea that you would do special messaging to them is neither surprising nor unusual.  If it was a message that they are the privileged few that is not good. If it is a message that they have to work their ***es off on X, Y and Z and these are the expectations then that is a good thing.  Issuing a challenge to these young players is a good thing.

If anyone thinks every message from the coach goes to the entire team they haven't actually been in a locker room for far too long.

Exactly. and that was my point.

KB just hates LP, so anything he does naturally has to be wrong in is eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Exactly. and that was my point.

KB just hates LP, so anything he does naturally has to be wrong in is eyes.

I don’t hate him.  He just hasn’t done anything that I agree with.  There is no structure or discipline to this team.  The fundamentals are lacking.  I absolutely hate the system he runs both offensively and defensively.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

....and what they are doing is building a culture where select few are greater than the team.  The culture should be that no

Ever hear the phrase "different doesn't always mean better". That applies here.

Just because they were singled out doesn't mean that they were getting foot massages, extra amenities, and a key to the city. He probably wanted to make sure they had a clear understanding that no matter how anyone else in the locker room may feel about this season and their future, the core group will be here for the long haul and thus must burden the responsibility of setting the tone, staying locked in and not just thinking the season is over and done with. He probably wanted them to all be in the room so none of them had to wonder what he was saying to the other behind closed doors. This way they ALL are clear that each of them is equally responsible for being a leader and none of them is above the other in that regard.

My thoughts

Edited by RedDawg#8

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don’t hate him.  He just hasn’t done anything that I agree with.  There is no structure or discipline to this team.  The fundamentals are lacking.  I absolutely hate the system he runs both offensively and defensively.  

Got it. You dont hate HIM, just everything that he does related to his job.

You would still play golf with him though. 

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For most of the season, that unit -- the “core five,” as Pierce calls it -- wasn’t available as players dealt with injuries and Collins was suspended for 25 games. But as they’ve logged more time together in recent weeks, Atlanta’s young players have produced decidedly positive results, posting a sterling 116.0 offensive rating and plus-6.7 net rating in 262 possessions. “We honestly see those numbers as being the floor,” Huerter said. “We’re gonna get better.”

The bolded part has me very excited. I absolutely love that attitude.

“He ain’t gonna get any bigger, so get peskier, get nastier, you get a little more physical,” Pierce said. “That’s how he has to approach it, and more importantly, what it does is it tells his teammates he’s in that fight and he wants to be in that fight and he embraces that fight.”

This part is very very true for Trae.

As much as I hate the guy, Kyle Lowry is a great example that "it aint the size of the dog in the fight,..". He is shorter than Trae but obviously stronger. He isnt overly explosive either, but athletic enough to match up on defense, We need Trae to get this level of fiesty. He has to put on some weight on and work on explosiveness, this is the only way I see him becoming a threat defensively

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lowry took about five years or even more to put it together and Trae is 21 and in his second season so maybe this is a really good comparison. Radically different situations but who gives a flip about accurate history and yet perfection on both ends is expected from Trae in the next five minutes. Am happy he has put us on the map myself.

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When I told you all how long this was going to take

You did't personally tell me [Moiso! man do I wish I had SB Nation powers. ~lw3] and this is indeed the last time I respond directly to you. Your are not healthy for a Hawk's fan site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, KB21 said:

I also think that having a meeting with the “Core 5” and not the entire team is extremely poor coaching and is reflective of the culture that is being built.  This meeting essentially puts those 5 players above the rest of the team.  

You will never convince some this guy isn't the next best thing as coach until he is let go, then he will be trashed on the Squawk.  

37 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

You will never convince some this guy isn't the next best thing as coach until he is let go, then he will be trashed on the Squawk.  

LP isn’t without flaws, but the way yal come at him is completely unwarranted, thus our defense of him is equally strong to drown out some of the extreme criticism being thrown his way

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

LP isn’t without flaws, but the way yal come at him is completely unwarranted, thus our defense of him is equally strong to drown out some of the extreme criticism being thrown his way

The evidence is in front of your face and you fail to see it.