• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Reddish--what we probably already knew!!!

Wurider05

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's so much fun to see how he's progressed.  It's basically validated the minutes he was fed earlier in the name of development.

Totally weird how folks saw how that boosted Trae last year but, for some reason, folks decided CLP needed to be fired for doing the same thang with Cam.

We all agree playing game minutes is the best way to accelerate growth.  We all agree this was still a developmental year.  But folks wanna fire the coach for ... developing?

Super weird.

I guess some folks still want Jabarme Parker here puttin up selfish nimbers while the only 'defending' he does is preventing our young guys from getting better.

And it's so much easier to throw a youngun out there to make mistakes when they are generally playing great D

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Totally weird how folks saw how that boosted Trae last year but, for some reason, folks decided CLP needed to be fired for doing the same thang with Cam.

I have not read one post calling for Pierce's firing for over using Cam.  Most have been complaining about his under utilization of Bruno and his over utilization of Vince Carter.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I have not read one post calling for Pierce's firing for over using Cam.  Most have been complaining about his under utilization of Bruno and his over utilization of Vince Carter.

I think that is an overreach but it isn't entirely baseless.  The idea that we've seen posts arguing against Cam's minutes is valid.  It isn't widespread on this site but you've got a vocal minority that has argued LP has been making a mistake to give Cam (among others) the minutes he has gotten and has very vocally called for LP to be fired (granted, not always in the same posts).  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that is an overreach but it isn't entirely baseless.  The idea that we've seen posts arguing against Cam's minutes is valid.  It isn't widespread on this site but you've got a vocal minority that has argued LP has been making a mistake to give Cam (among others) the minutes he has gotten and has very vocally called for LP to be fired (granted, not always in the same posts).  

He knows all this.  Just wanted to yell at clouds.

• Haha 2

Cam has star potential. When he plays aggressive like he is, you can clearly see the level of talent he has is a far cry above even the most seasoned vets.

His bag of moves is pretty diverse, kid is gonna be nice in his prime

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There was a time not too long ago when Cam.was doing this:

😆

Now he's doing this:

And This:

More to come Squawkers!

Bam had to set that screen UGK Super Tight (and likely moving). Cam still fights, squares, and anticipates with the quick hands.  It was too much going on with the Fournier play.  The strip and the patience with the power-through on the And 1 was crazy but the change of direction on the break was my fav.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know who avoids contact, Klay Thompson. @bleachkit

I would've loved to see what Klay could do offensively as the #1 option on the floor.  But when all you have to do is catch and shoot, there's no reason for him to develop other ways to score the basketball. That also means getting to the FT line.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I would've loved to see what Klay could do offensively as the #1 option on the floor.  But when all you have to do is catch and shoot, there's no reason for him to develop other ways to score the basketball. That also means getting to the FT line.

He's exceptionally efficient. Gets 45 touches a game over the last 6 years. He just gets it done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don’t think he would ever have been a good #1 option he’s not that kind of player over a full season. He is one of a few two way guys in the league though. 

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Some combination of Joe Johnson and Reggie Miller I imagine.

Theyd probably run more plays for him to get open like Reggie and do much less iso than Joe.

But if he did have to iso I picture it being slow, plodding and methodical al a Joe.

• Like 1