• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks attendance - 94.5% capacity. Best mark in over 20 seasons

NBASupes

• Premium Member

That's a wow.

And yeah, Supes, have to think you hit the proverbial nail with that ratioinale.

Uni?

Definitely not crazy.

This is a consumer entertainment choice. I chafe at the idea of appearing to worship any given player for any given team I support. Never have done that, and can't see myself ever doing so.

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I stick to 'Hawks' gear...not player specific.

Same, I have a lot of Hawks gear but hardly any player gear. The Horford shirt, I got at the tipoff game when they played I think the Pistons or something. Maybe the Magic. Even though money wise I am not hurting, I do most of my causal shopping at Ross/Burlington and for nicer items, "Macy's". 

• Like 3

I think I’ve told this story before but the first Hawks Jersey I bought was in 94 over snail 🐌 mail. I ordered it in early Nov 93....

Long story short I received a red road clippers jersey with #21 Wilkins on the back. 

I called the company and said, ummm I ordered the Hawks one ☝🏾, the guy said send it back... I said it took you three months to send this one...

I have a Clippers Nique jersey...later on I got a swingman road Nique jersey to at least have a Hawks one.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I haven't checked the old numbers, but I'm also so relieved that this season's Home% is accurate! Somebody finally changed the denominator (which we can't see on the site) to State Farm Arena's max capacity of 16,888. Thank you whoever at Hawks Inc. got it updated!

~lw3

I always thought that "Philips Arena" was too large to begin with. In the beginning, you'd have to put dang near 20,000 to fill the arena.  Even trying to put 18,000 was a stretch, because of the bad configuration with the one-side full of suites and the bad upper deck seating.  From a basketball standpoint, it was a really bad arena, seating wise.

It definitely helps that Trae is a "box office" type of player that the people in Atlanta want to come out and see,  While he's not going to give you high flying dunks, his long range shooting, playmaking, and "swag" to his game, is exactly what sells in Atlanta.  And with ticket prices low, this is definitely the time to really go out and see the team.  

95% capacity is like a dream though, regardless of what the size of the arena is.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:42 AM, NBASupes said:

I hope this don't sound crazy but I've never actually owned a NBA jersey before. I found a Larry Johnson one from CHA and washed it and wore it as an elementary school kid and I had a fake Mookie Blaylock jersey that they gave away at a Hawks game in the Omni but never owned an official one of a real player till this year when I brought Trae's.

He was the first Hawk to earn me buying his jersey. Not even Horford. Horford got the Reddish treatment. I have a shirt I wear all of the time with Horford's name on it. I have a Reddish one too. But Trae earned the jersey. He's a superstar and I had to give him his props for changing the city and the culture. 

Not crazy but what is crazy is that I’ve never owned a real jersey either and getting ready to purchase a Trae Young Peachtree Jersey