• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Very good message:

This too;

"This virus doesn't fit neatly into any kind of system of order that makes sense. The whole experience has left me with just a tremendous amount of just pure gratitude and relief. I understand why all of the sacrifices, small and big, are so crucial."

• Moderators
On 6/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, thecampster said:

Really not down with people calling to question my willingness to sacrifice for others. I gave up my family more than once to go somewhere to train for this. 

If this is how you felt about comments i made then i humbly and profusely apologize.   That was not my intent at all but regardless it's on me.   I have nothing but respect for those that join the military and have to sacrifice in ways i'll never understand.   I've witnessed it with friends and family but can't even imagine the experience. 

• Premium Member

A new strain of flu that has the potential to become a pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

While it is not an immediate problem, they say, it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly ad

tenor.gif?itemid=12125132

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Death toll now stands at 125,484.

I wonder if some people's cavalier attitude would be different if the majority of the deaths were kids, 18 and younger. 🤔

For sure, if it were kids there would be a panic. When it's old people, everyone is just kinda 🤷‍♀️

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry i wasn’t laughing at all of our impending deaths but rather the funny Sheldon gif! :laugh1:

This guy says the pig story is a 'nothing burger'. Last time we heard something similar coming out of China with CV-19. Be on guard.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This guy says the pig story is a 'nothing burger'. Last time we heard something similar coming out of China with CV-19. Be on guard.

Look 👀 I’m confused. Can I have bacon 🥓 with breakfast this morning? 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

For sure, if it were kids there would be a panic. When it's old people, everyone is just kinda 🤷‍♀️

All I keep seeing when kids go back to school in masks is this...

IMG-20200625-WA0007.jpg

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Okay this article is fascinating when you think about it. So much we still don't understand.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-people-coronavirus-wont-spread-121034275.html

The concerning thing about that article is that the basic message is that superspreading events are the biggest risk and we are seeing an uptick lately in superspreader type events like rallies, protests, concerts, etc. where people are both meeting in large crowds and not following basic protocols for reducing risk.  As people see these happen, there is more acceptance when the next one happens until the match strikes kindling and you end up a month later doing an analysis on a past event ala the mass church choir spreads, etc.