• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!  Golden State has multiple career 42% or better 3 point shooters on their team...We do hot have 1 over 39%.  We are not the Golden state warrior.  It would be somewhat insane to try and win like they did.

They did, but I didn't mention anything about the offense above. I'm talking about defense at the wings to support Trae and John.  Just gave GS as an example.  Doesn't mean I believe we are copying them.

I could use Toronto last year.  They were deep on the wing and guard rotations too.  It's the reason GS lost last year because they didn't have much depth after their superstars went down, but most teams will lose in that scenario.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They did, but I didn't mention anything about the offense above. I'm talking about defense at the wings to support Trae and John.  Just gave GS as an example.  Doesn't mean I believe we are copying them.

I could use Toronto last year.  They were deep on the wing and guard rotations too.  It's the reason GS lost last year because they didn't have much depth after their superstars went down, but most teams will lose in that scenario.

News flash...Golden State didn't win with Defense.  Toronto won with a traditional line up so I'm confused.

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

News flash...Golden State didn't win with Defense.  Toronto won with a traditional line up so I'm confused.

Go look at GS defensive efficiency rankings each year they won a championship.  I believe they were top 3 the first year they won it.  Toronto was also a top defensive team last year. 

My general point is the teams that have won championships recently have had deep teams.  They've been especially deep on the wing and guard positions.  Yes, toronto played a tradtional line up. I'm not saying to play small ball, I'm saying being able to be deep everywhere to be able to compete.  Championship teams have generally been deeper at their guard and wing positions as of late. 

If you want to argue with that, then save your breath because we are taking this off topic.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3. I see why some are saying Toppin is a JC clone.

You know you always remember that Cap n Soth hate small backcourts or that kg likes Beal. You can go ahead and name me by name here. I’m not gonna try and find it but I believe I made the JC Toppin similarities first.

Sincerely,

-Not Peo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Simmons - Yes

Interesting... I initially didn’t like the idea brought up by Braaaaaaad at realgm but not that I think about it, it’s not that bad. I just hate the fact that Simmons doesn’t have any shooting touch, that irks me.

So a top 5 pick, Capela and Huerter for Simmons? Is that fair for both sides? I know I’m Hawk biased but it seems fair to me. I mean, if that’s the route we want to go.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Would you trade a top 5 pick plus either Huerter or Capela for one of these guys?

Ben Simmons

Bradley Beal

Victor Oladipo

Devin Booker

Joel Embiid

@kg01 @JayBirdHawk @marco102 @JTB and others, thoughts?

Yes! No question about it! ...maybe not oladipo or Embiid as I’d worry about their pre existing injuries. But everyone else is an easy yes. On a side not  I wouldn’t include trading capela unless we are getting a center back 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Would you trade a top 5 pick plus either Huerter or Capela for one of these guys?

Ben Simmons

Bradley Beal

Victor Oladipo

Devin Booker

Joel Embiid

Good question. Yes I would trade that for Booker, Phoenix and Philadelphia would want a lot more. Joel Embiid is intriguing but the injury history would be a concern.  LP would definitely be good for him though. Simmons, Oladipo, and Beal definitely not. Beal and Booker have similar games but Beal is too small for a shooting guard. Simmons just doesn't fit and I'm not a fan of Oladipo.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ben Simmons - probably

Bradley Beal - meh, whynot?

Victor Oladipo - nah

Devin Booker - yeah, why not?

Joel Embiid - yup

The eggspert checks in.  Answers embedded above.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ben Simmons

Bradley Beal

Victor Oladipo

Devin Booker

Joel Embiid

Consider it? I'd actually PREFER we trade Huerter and our pick for Booker, or Capela and our pick for Embiid. Peo should change his avatar...

Edited by hazer
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m worried about Embiid’s durability moving forward. @hazer talk me out of feeling like this. I mean if ur in the mood. 

Fret not: Chelsea Lane, and El-P 👏

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Consider it? I'd actually PREFER we trade Huerter and our pick for Booker, or Capela and our pick for Embiid. Peo should change his avatar...

I actually didn’t tag you because you are the inventor of the Embiid trade 😂 but anyone else on the list if Embiid doesn’t work out? Simmons or Beal? What about my boy CJ McCollum?

-Not Peo 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

The eggspert checks in.  Answers embedded above.

You changed ur tune a bit in Booker. And ur not supporting ur boy Beal enough. 🧐 Did somebody hack @kg01’s account? Quick, whose ur favorite muppet? Is it Fozzie or does it start with a G? 😉 😘 

Which lineup is better?

A. Trae/Beal/Cam/Collins/Capela

B. Trae/Booker/Cam/Collins/Capela

C. Trae/Cam/Simmons/Collins/Capela

D. Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Embiid

E. No Sturt, we are good here, NO COMON OFFER IT UP ITS ONLY FAIR! Ok ok chill Sturt I’ll put it up as an option. Sorry about the mixup folks.. 

(cough eheeeem) ,

E. Trae/Cam/Ingram/Collins/Capela

F. Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela

My preference in order:

F,D,C,A,B,E

I love our ASSets 😉 I like our core. 😋 

• Like 1

Just found this... a new backcourt mate? 🤔 So I’m assuming they mean Huerter. I guess they also don’t believe in Cam being able to be Trae’s backcourt mate.

BPA is always smart. This draft is a complete wildcard for me the further we move along. The last few drafts I’ve been dead set on a few guys. This draft I’m lost. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

Just found this... a new backcourt mate? 🤔 So I’m assuming they mean Huerter. I guess they also don’t believe in Cam being able to be Trae’s backcourt mate.

BPA is always smart. This draft is a complete wildcard for me the further we move along. The last few drafts I’ve been dead set on a few guys. This draft I’m lost. 🤷‍♀️ 

Who is this guy?  All this sounds like is well-crafted guessing meant to make us believe he has insight.

"NBC Sports_Chicago"?  Run out of craptastic Bulls stories to write?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You changed ur tune a bit in Booker. And ur not supporting ur boy Beal enough. 🧐 Did somebody hack @kg01’s account? Quick, whose ur favorite muppet? Is it Fozzie or does it start with a G? 😉 😘 

Which lineup is better?

A. Trae/Beal/Cam/Collins/Capela

B. Trae/Booker/Cam/Collins/Capela

C. Trae/Cam/Simmons/Collins/Capela

D. Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Embiid

E. No Sturt, we are good here, NO COMON OFFER IT UP ITS ONLY FAIR! Ok ok chill Sturt I’ll put it up as an option. Sorry about the mixup folks.. 

(cough eheeeem) ,

E. Trae/Cam/Ingram/Collins/Capela

F. Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela

My preference in order:

F,D,C,A,B,E

I love our ASSets 😉 I like our core. 😋 

D, B, F ✨

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Trade it. Or BPA. But trade it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1