• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member

Did the Hawks work him out too?  Who have we worked out? Anyone? anyone?

Steve Kerr and other members of the Warriors organization worked out Maccabi Tel Aviv prospect Deni Avdija on Thursday morning in Atlanta, according to sources. By all accounts, it was a positive get together, one in which the 19-year-old Israeli impressed observers. Not only did Avdija perform well in the workouts, but Warriors officials were blown away after meeting with him. The universal takeaway was that he’s a “great kid” with an immense work ethic.

https://theathletic.com/2155098/?source=twitterhq

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did the Hawks work him out too?  Who have we worked out? Anyone? anyone?

https://theathletic.com/2155098/?source=twitterhq

Hopefully prospects arent avoiding or declining working out with us. Pre-draft agent politics are really annoying. Especially with this draft being all over the place, there are probably ten guys who think they will go top 4, so who knows.

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Can you blame him. Tyrese contributes to winning, unlike ball hogging brick city Edwards.

What does Edwards have to do with my post? lol. Im not that high on him.....I like Hali btw...

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

Interesting notes, listening to NBARadio draft preview:

- On Deni, plays winning basketball but won't be "great".  Fran says, I like him, don't love him.  Bad teams won't value what he brings, will contribute to an already good team.  Floor-raiser, not a ceiling elevator - my interpretation. 

Fran not liking him is telling 

- On Obi, Fran is convinced he'll be a solid player no matter what.  Other guys questioned ceiling due to age.  Questioned if he bullied teens in college or can he carry dominance vs men in league?

- For CLE, guys weren't averse to taking another guard.  "What about Garland/Sexton?"  "What about 'em?"  Haha

Spatola asked, How about Okoro for them? 

Fran: "No,no,no.  Great kid but ... he can't shoot!  Liability on O, floor-shrinker.  Can't draft him unless you think you can fix his shot."

Fran said he has a former player on AUB staff.  Fair or unfair, that smells like his guy gave him intel on the fix-ability of Okoro's shot.  Yikes?

That said, he noted similarities between he and Jaylen Brown.   Seems he prefers Sadiq(sp?) Bey.  Makes a convincing argument.  Said he'd think of taking him top5.  Almost seems to be saying, if Okoro could shoot, he'd be Sadiq Bey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interesting notes, listening to NBARadio draft preview:

- On Deni, plays winning basketball but won't be "great".  Fran says, I like him, don't love him.  Bad teams won't value what he brings, will contribute to an already good team.  Floor-raiser, not a ceiling elevator - my interpretation. 

Fran not liking him is telling 

- On Obi, Fran is convinced he'll be a solid player no matter what.  Other guys questioned ceiling due to age.  Questioned if he bullied teens in college or can he carry dominance vs men in league?

- For CLE, guys weren't averse to taking another guard.  "What about Garland/Sexton?"  "What about 'em?"  Haha

Spatola asked, How about Okoro for them? 

Fran: "No,no,no.  Great kid but ... he can't shoot!  Liability on O, floor-shrinker.  Can't draft him unless you think you can fix his shot."

Fran said he has a former player on AUB staff.  Fair or unfair, that smells like his guy gave him intel on the fix-ability of Okoro's shot.  Yikes?

That said, he noted similarities between he and Jaylen Brown.   Seems he prefers Sadiq(sp?) Bey.  Makes a convincing argument.  Said he'd think of taking him top5.  Almost seems to be saying, if Okoro could shoot, he'd be Sadiq Bey.

Damn, I guess he thinks Okoro's shot isn't fixable. Probably doesn't want to come out and say it though. 

More stuff:

- Fran on cbb vs nba: "It's like Spanish vs Portuguese.  Sounds alike but they're totally different languages.  You can't be a bully in cbb and expect to keep being a bully in a league full of bullies."

He was actually talking about shooting.  You can't get away with not being able to shoot, so he's elevated shooters in this draft over guys who need to figure it out.

Funny aside, on J. Okafor.  Fran/Amin called him a bad pick.  Spatola started to explain how dominant he was at duke, Fran said it was because he was speaking Portuguese in a league that speaks Spanish.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Damn, I guess he thinks Okoro's shot isn't fixable. Probably doesn't want to come out and say it though. 

Not saying I agree with him, but that's what I heard between the lines too.

Had Haliburton's college coach on.  Granule, cover your ears.

His one job was to pump up Haliburton and he fell woefully short, imho.  Compared Haliburton not to Monte Morris or any of the other successful picks they've had.  Said he reminds him more of ... wait for it ... Cam Payne.

Huh, what?  Even if it's true, you can't say that.  Certainly not without explaining why he'll succeed where Payne failed.

Asked what the most important thing Haliburton needs to work on.  On-ball defense, size, attacking rim, scoring.

This guy's fired.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2