• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pro Day 

Ant is still the No.1 player for me hands down, without question. 

I'm not going to expect the Hawks to get him, but damn that would be the absolute t*ts, best possible outcome in this draft IMO. Maybe Trae being there and obviously being very interested in watching his game will create some pull with the FO to get something done. 🤞

I know he has holes in his game, but I think those are more mental/maturity, not physical or skill. Those issues can be addressed and he can easily grow out of them. He's young, he shouldn't be expected to be coming into the league as a finished product right now. I remember how I was at 18/19, and how I grew substantially at 20/21 from a borderline school flunky to graduating with honors. 

*If* Maxey gets his shot to drop, he would be a big get, but it just wasn't reliable enough to me. I still think Immanuel Quickley will be a higher value puck at a fraction of the price. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He just had his first interview yesterday and he hasn't worked out with no one. The writer is fluffing 

You might disagree, but Ball does have kind of a cool, detached personality that some teams might find off putting. Some teams might actually prefer it though, so it depends.

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You might disagree, but Ball does have kind of a cool, detached personality that some teams might find off putting. Some teams might actually prefer it though, so it depends.

It's not that I agree or disagree, it's that this is slander. 

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's not that I agree or disagree, it's that this is slander. 

Explain...describing him as cool/detached is slander?

Forget that...I read up higher and saw your original intent. The journalist was engaged in slander...got it.

Edited by thecampster

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/2020-nba-mock-draft-90-best-players-available-fit-team-needs?int

So the top 10 here I'm really trying to figure out. Historically, NBC sports has been highly accurate with their mocks for the NBA...nailing the entire lottery in some years. But I'm not really following this from them.

Anyone got insights why some of these teams would go the way NBC sports seems to think they'd go?

01 - Minnesota Timberwolves: Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia

02 - Golden State Warriors: Killian Hayes, G, International

03 - Charlotte Hornets: LaMelo Ball, G, International

04 - Chicago Bulls: Deni Avdija, F, International

05 - Cleveland Cavaliers: Obi Toppin, F, Dayton

06 - Atlanta Hawks: Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn

07 - Detroit Pistons: James Wiseman, C, Memphis

08 - New York Knicks: Devin Vassell, F, Florida State

09 - Washington Wizards: Onyeka Okongwu, F/C, USC

10 - Phoenix Suns: Tyrese Haliburton, wing, Iowa State

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/2020-nba-mock-draft-90-best-players-available-fit-team-needs?int

So the top 10 here I'm really trying to figure out. Historically, NBC sports has been highly accurate with their mocks for the NBA...nailing the entire lottery in some years. But I'm not really following this from them.

Anyone got insights why some of these teams would go the way NBC sports seems to think they'd go?

01 - Minnesota Timberwolves: Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia

02 - Golden State Warriors: Killian Hayes, G, International

03 - Charlotte Hornets: LaMelo Ball, G, International

04 - Chicago Bulls: Deni Avdija, F, International

05 - Cleveland Cavaliers: Obi Toppin, F, Dayton

06 - Atlanta Hawks: Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn

07 - Detroit Pistons: James Wiseman, C, Memphis

08 - New York Knicks: Devin Vassell, F, Florida State

09 - Washington Wizards: Onyeka Okongwu, F/C, USC

10 - Phoenix Suns: Tyrese Haliburton, wing, Iowa State

Hayes going to GS would be surprising. Switch Wiseman and Hayes and that's basically a consensus mock. Most have us taking Hali or Okoro.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Hayes going to GS would be surprising. Switch Wiseman and Hayes and that's basically a consensus mock. Most have us taking Hali or Okoro.

They also have Vassel listed as a forward so he fits with RJ I guess. lol. Hes more of a shooting guard imo..

Edited by terrell

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pro Day 

My boi Maxey looked like he came out ready to perform like a pro..Edwards looked like he was Just going through the motions.......lol

Edited by terrell

40 minutes ago, terrell said:

My boi Maxey looked like he came out ready to perform like a pro..Edwards looked like he was Just going through the motions.......lol

I'm through bashing the kid, which is why I dont post much on the topic anymore.  But sometimes the answer is right there for you.  People keep longing for him to step up and he just keeps coastin'.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm through bashing the kid, which is why I dont post much on the topic anymore.  But sometimes the answer is right there for you.  People keep longing for him to step up and he just keeps coastin'.

I wasnt trying to bash him...Just sayin. lol. At least he worked out unlike Lamelo.....

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

F it, draft Wiseman. We will have deepest 5 spot in the league.

Interesting aside, I heard a guy on nbaradio suggest something like that when discussing Morey to PHI.

Said he's innovative and maybe his next 'move' is to do the reverse of what he did in HOU and play big.  A lot of people (mistakenly imho) looked at what LAL did this playoffs and think maybe the 5 isn't ded yet.

A Wiseman pick, to me, just means Deadman isn't long for Atlanta.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interesting aside, I heard a guy on nbaradio suggest something like that when discussing Morey to PHI.

Said he's innovative and maybe his next 'move' is to do the reverse of what he did in HOU and play big.  A lot of people (mistakenly imho) looked at what LAL did this playoffs and think maybe the 5 isn't ded yet.

A Wiseman pick, to me, just means Deadman isn't long for Atlanta.

I think regardless of our pick Deadman is gone after this season, possibly before. As he leaves, Bruno should be ready to fill his shoes, if no one else. 

46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

F it, draft Wiseman. We will have deepest 5 spot in the league.

Pretty sure Supes said Schlenk was higher on him than we think...So it might be possible. lol

Edited by terrell