• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

I'm dying to see Anthony Edwards on this team.

Say the warriors get the first pick. 

Would you trade Collins + a future first for the first pick? Or Collins + our first round pick this year?

Would the warriors take Collins + a first for their first? If Draymond plays C, they could use a PF.

I think either scenario, we try to then sign Bertans to start at the 4. That would then alleviate some concerns of Clint and Collins taking up the same space on the floor. 

Draft Obi or another PF this year (if we trade a future first), or sign Grant or Saric (restricted) to backup if we trade this year's first.

Sign Kris Dunn, a backup SF (Josh Jackson, Glen Robinson 3, or MKG?) bring back Skal for the end of the bench.

Trea ... Dunn ... 🐜

Cam ... 🐜 ... Huerter

Hunter ... Cam ... JJ/GR3/MKG

Bertans ... Obi/Grant/Saric ... Skal

Clint ... Dedmond ... Bruno

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, AHF said:

No.  Wouldn’t trade Collins for Edwards and definitely wouldn’t throw in a pick.  I’m not convinced any particular player will be better than JC.  Decent chance one or two will be better but which one? That uncertainty makes a trade of JC for a pick undesirable (let alone JC and other assets).

Thought you said it was just supes that under valued John Collins?😇

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Would you trade Collins + a future first for the first pick? Or Collins + our first round pick this year?

No. No one in this draft is worth such a move.

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Thought you said it was just supes that under valued John Collins?😇

It is fair for people to have different values for our players and other players. I’d deal JC for a variety of players.  Doesn’t mean I hate him.  On the other hand, I view this draft as more of a crap shoot.  You want to roll the dice and see if you get lucky but I personally don’t see a level of certainty with any individual prospect that would make me feel good about dealing Trae, JC, Hunter or Cam.  Others feel confident about certain prospects becoming stars and with that different baseline it becomes much more reasonable to talk about trade options I personally wouldn’t consider.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is fair for people to have different values for our players and other players. I’d deal JC for a variety of players.  Doesn’t mean I hate him.  On the other hand, I view this draft as more of a crap shoot.  You want to roll the dice and see if you get lucky but I personally don’t see a level of certainty with any individual prospect that would make me feel good about dealing Trae, JC, Hunter or Cam.  Others feel confident about certain prospects becoming stars and with that different baseline it becomes much more reasonable to talk about trade options I personally wouldn’t consider.

So if someone purposed the same deal involving Trae instead of John, would your answer be the same?

Maybe I'm just overvaluing 🐜, but I think he could be a really special player in Atlanta in the next year +. I really, really want him on our roster, and it won't likely happen w/o the 1st pick.

I like JC, he's a great player, but I think there's potential to replace him with a better fit. Compounding contact concerns, compatibility with Clint concerns, PED concerns, plus an ability to get a floor spacing PF to replace him...I think he's a good trade candidate to get aquire assets that fit better overall.

Jesus. I realize I'm sounding like @NBASupes with the talk of fit and trading JC, and I admit it's scaring me a little. Sorry all.

Edited by bird_dirt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

OMFG, Josh Jackson just took about a hundred-point jump in the official kg player rankings ..

Suns organization ...

All I could think of was....he has a point.:laugh:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The Trade Board on RealGM is going nuts with Hawks trades, giving me all kinds of heartburn. Here's a sampling:

1. Collins, Hunter or Huerter, 2020 1st for Bradley Beal

2. Huerter, 2020 1st for Tobias Harris ($34, $35, $37, $39), 2020 OKC 1st

3. Dedmon for Horford ($27, $27, $27) 2020 PTL 1st

4. Dedmon, Huerter, 2020 1st for Lavine, Dunn, 2020 1st

5. Capela and 2020 1st for CP3 ($40, $41), Adams and 2020 pick #27

@kg01 @Spud2nique

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Trade Board on RealGM is going nuts with Hawks trades, giving me all kinds of heartburn. Here's a sampling:

@kg01 @Spud2nique

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 @Spud2nique

It's all from one guy.  Ridiculous!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

RealGM

I didn’t go to the trade board but some numbers skull 💀 named radioWHACTIVE suggested some whack trade to get Alice back here and I crapped on it and Jamal stood up for that geek like the dork I always knew him to be. I guess it takes a heartless 🐔 sucker to real want another heartless 🐔 sucker back! 😮 

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 @Spud2nique

and im happy to say i have crapped on every single one of them in those threads lol.  The only one i have liked so far lately is the one someone had us trading for jrue holiday.  The only reason i would do that one though is if we could guarantee resign him or have him for sure opt in.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t go to the trade board but some numbers skull 💀 named radioWHACTIVE suggested some whack trade to get Alice back here and I crapped on it and Jamal stood up for that geek like the dork I always knew him to be. I guess it takes a heartless 🐔 sucker to real want another heartless 🐔 sucker back! 😮 

Were not allowed to say Alice over there we got in trouble for it a bit back XD

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 @Spud2nique

I went in with a big juicy trade and got hit by friendly fire 🔥! 😩 :bang:

Not to worry, I will revise it for the upset villagers! 😃 

• Haha 1