Let's Talk Trade Ideas!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hunter is not a 4, will not be a 4. He will be a 3 for us.  The question you should be asking is do you prefer Ant/Cam at the 2 / 3 or do you prefer Cam/Hunter at the 2/3. Huerter will be off the benc

No.  Wouldn’t trade Collins for Edwards and definitely wouldn’t throw in a pick.  I’m not convinced any particular player will be better than JC.  Decent chance one or two will be better but which one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-Hawks/nba/hawks/news/guys-hawks-leaning-into-youth-trae-young-john-collins-kevin-huerter   From the same Athletic article you referenced.

Posted Images

  • Premium Member

@Buzzard How much would you offer?

Jerami Grant declining player option

Asked directly if he’s leaning towards becoming a free agent, Grant didn’t shy away, telling Haynes “I’m definitely not leaning towards picking up the player option. Like you said, I feel like I definitely outplayed the $9 million that I’m making each year right now. But at the same time… I’d love to come to a conclusion or something like that with Denver, it just depends what we discuss and negotiate when the time comes.”

– via Quenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

 

Making an appearance on Yahoo Sports’ Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast, Denver Nuggets power forward Jerami Grant discussed a myriad of topics, including his preferred format for the NBA’s return, why the Nuggets are often overlooked, his uncle Horace Grant and his impending player option. Grant, 25-years-old, has a $9.3 million player option for the 2020-21 season after signing a three-year, $27.3 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2018. However, Grant has played the best basketball of his career over the last two seasons, leading to obvious questions of if he believes he can obtain a more lucrative contract in free agency this offseason.

– viaQuenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

 

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Buzzard How much would you offer?

Jerami Grant declining player option

Asked directly if he’s leaning towards becoming a free agent, Grant didn’t shy away, telling Haynes “I’m definitely not leaning towards picking up the player option. Like you said, I feel like I definitely outplayed the $9 million that I’m making each year right now. But at the same time… I’d love to come to a conclusion or something like that with Denver, it just depends what we discuss and negotiate when the time comes.”

– via Quenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

 

Making an appearance on Yahoo Sports’ Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast, Denver Nuggets power forward Jerami Grant discussed a myriad of topics, including his preferred format for the NBA’s return, why the Nuggets are often overlooked, his uncle Horace Grant and his impending player option. Grant, 25-years-old, has a $9.3 million player option for the 2020-21 season after signing a three-year, $27.3 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2018. However, Grant has played the best basketball of his career over the last two seasons, leading to obvious questions of if he believes he can obtain a more lucrative contract in free agency this offseason.

– viaQuenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

 

 

 

I'd love to have him but will he come here to come off the bench?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Buzzard How much would you offer?

Jerami Grant declining player option

Asked directly if he’s leaning towards becoming a free agent, Grant didn’t shy away, telling Haynes “I’m definitely not leaning towards picking up the player option. Like you said, I feel like I definitely outplayed the $9 million that I’m making each year right now. But at the same time… I’d love to come to a conclusion or something like that with Denver, it just depends what we discuss and negotiate when the time comes.”

– via Quenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

 

Making an appearance on Yahoo Sports’ Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast, Denver Nuggets power forward Jerami Grant discussed a myriad of topics, including his preferred format for the NBA’s return, why the Nuggets are often overlooked, his uncle Horace Grant and his impending player option. Grant, 25-years-old, has a $9.3 million player option for the 2020-21 season after signing a three-year, $27.3 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2018. However, Grant has played the best basketball of his career over the last two seasons, leading to obvious questions of if he believes he can obtain a more lucrative contract in free agency this offseason.

– viaQuenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

 

 

 

12-15 Million and maybe declining over the term; 3 - 4 years and a team option. I think the going overpay is going to be in that 15 million range. But someone like Bertans and Harrell getting more,

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

12-15 Million and maybe declining over the term; 3 - 4 years and a team option. I think the going overpay is going to be in that 15 million range. But someone like Bertans and Harrell getting more,

12-15 mil may be a little rich for a guy with a BMP/VORP of -.4/.7

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

12-15 mil may be a little rich for a guy with a BMP/VORP of -.4/.7

It might be but I bet good money he gets 12M or more; even if he stays put in Denver.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin

I would consider something like Huerter + 1st (if it isn't 1 or 2) for Jaylon Brown.

I think Brown would be the perfect fit next to Trae ... An excellent defender who can score and hit the three.  We suddenly have our three consistent scorers in Trae/Brown/Collins and He Reddish/Hunter/CC would make a nice defensive impact too.

Only like 22 or 23 so still young too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I would consider something like Huerter + 1st (if it isn't 1 or 2) for Jaylon Brown.

I think Brown would be the perfect fit next to Trae ... An excellent defender who can score and hit the three.  We suddenly have our three consistent scorers in Trae/Brown/Collins and He Reddish/Hunter/CC would make a nice defensive impact too.

Only like 22 or 23 so still young too.

Is he available?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is he available?

No

15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

12-15 mil may be a little rich for a guy with a BMP/VORP of -.4/.7

It's a complete waste of money

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No

It's a complete waste of money

Any truth to the rumors of discord between Bagley's dad and Fox in Sacramento?  Saw a thread on Rgm about it, didn't bother to do much digging beyond that.

I don't like Bagley but I recall you did like him.  Wouldn't be a good target for us now, would he?

Actually, what am I thinking, you'd probably trade Collins for him in a heartbeat. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Any truth to the rumors of discord between Bagley's dad and Fox in Sacramento?  Saw a thread on Rgm about it, didn't bother to do much digging beyond that.

I don't like Bagley but I recall you did like him.  Wouldn't be a good target for us now, would he?

Actually, what am I thinking, you'd probably trade Collins for him in a heartbeat. 😄

I don't know.

I did and still do like him. Not that I am aware of.

I don't know if Bagley is a good fit for what we are doing right now. I wouldn't just trade John for anyone. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@kg01

Trade Ideas with Indy (cost saving moves):

TJ Warren (2yrs $11 mil) /TJ McConnell (1 year/$3.5 mil) /TJ Leaf ($4.3 m, RFA next season) for DeAndre Bembry and 2020 2nd.   I don't see why Indy would move Warren and they would likely want more for him,  so maybe offer the OKC 2022 1st in lieu of the 2nd. This deal fills the backup PG, SF and PF slots. Warren is 26 years old so he fits.

TJ Leaf and 2nd for DeAndre Bembry - swap for 2 unwanted players by their teams. Leaf and Skal to man the backup PF roles. Indy saves a little in this deal.

Lamb (2yrs, 10 mil)/Leaf/Future 1st for Bembry. Lamb is injured with ACL so that's why the future 1st, plus salary dump for Indy. @Spud2nique finally gets his guy Lamb in a Hawks uni.

Doug McDermott ($7.3 mil)and TJ Leaf for Bembry. Indy saves money and gets a servicable player. Hawks get a shooter that'll be less expensive than Joe Harris and see what Leaf can offer as a backup PF along with Skal.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lamb (2yrs, 10 mil)/Leaf/Future 1st for Bembry. Lamb is injured with ACL so that's why the future 1st, plus salary dump for Indy. @Spud2nique finally gets his guy Lamb in a Hawks uni.

Doug McDermott ($7.3 mil)and TJ Leaf for Bembry. Indy saves money and gets a servicable player. Hawks get a shooter that'll be less expensive than Joe Harris and see what Leaf can offer as a backup PF along with Skal.

I like these two for the most part but Leaf was 1/2 DON’T DRAFT guys for me in 2017 (the other being Kuzma).

I’d down for some Lamb off the pine 🌲.

Doug Mc over paying Joe Harris for me too. I like Harris but I’m not going to love his price tag. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like these two for the most part but Leaf was 1/2 DON’T DRAFT guys for me in 2017 (the other being Kuzma).

I’d down for some Lamb off the pine 🌲.

Doug Mc over paying Joe Harris for me too. I like Harris but I’m not going to love his price tag. 

I like the idea of getting Doug but I really want to just say no to Leaf.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I like these two for the most part but Leaf was 1/2 DON’T DRAFT guys for me in 2017 (the other being Kuzma).

I’d down for some Lamb off the pine 🌲.

Doug Mc over paying Joe Harris for me too. I like Harris but I’m not going to love his price tag. 

Didn't Lamb just tear his Achilles?

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@kg01 especially for you. Since you want to move T. Rade:

Trade #1:

Hawks fall to the #8 pick - trade with Orlando for Aaron Gordon (2yrs/$18mil , $16mil) and #15.

 

Trade #2:

Hawks trade #52 to Dallas for Delon Wright (2yrs/$9mil, $8.5mil) and #31

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 especially for you. Since you want to move T. Rade:

Trade #1:

Hawks fall to the #8 pick - trade with Orlando for Aaron Gordon (2yrs/$18mil , $16mil) and #15.

 

Trade #2:

Hawks trade #52 to Dallas for Delon Wright (2yrs/$9mil, $8.5mil) and #31

 

 

Pass.  If collins was trash, he'd be Gordon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 especially for you. Since you want to move T. Rade:

Trade #1:

Hawks fall to the #8 pick - trade with Orlando for Aaron Gordon (2yrs/$18mil , $16mil) and #15.

 

Trade #2:

Hawks trade #52 to Dallas for Delon Wright (2yrs/$9mil, $8.5mil) and #31

 

 

Oh hell no. I want no part of Gordon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.