• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

@Buzzard How much would you offer?

Jerami Grant declining player option

Asked directly if he’s leaning towards becoming a free agent, Grant didn’t shy away, telling Haynes “I’m definitely not leaning towards picking up the player option. Like you said, I feel like I definitely outplayed the $9 million that I’m making each year right now. But at the same time… I’d love to come to a conclusion or something like that with Denver, it just depends what we discuss and negotiate when the time comes.”

– via Quenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

Making an appearance on Yahoo Sports’ Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast, Denver Nuggets power forward Jerami Grant discussed a myriad of topics, including his preferred format for the NBA’s return, why the Nuggets are often overlooked, his uncle Horace Grant and his impending player option. Grant, 25-years-old, has a $9.3 million player option for the 2020-21 season after signing a three-year, $27.3 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2018. However, Grant has played the best basketball of his career over the last two seasons, leading to obvious questions of if he believes he can obtain a more lucrative contract in free agency this offseason.

– viaQuenton S. Albertie @ Nugg Love

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Asked directly if he’s leaning towards becoming a free agent, Grant didn’t shy away, telling Haynes “I’m definitely not leaning towards picking up the player option. Like you said, I feel like I definitely outplayed the $9 million that I’m making each year right now. But at the same time… I’d love to come to a conclusion or something like that with Denver, it just depends what we discuss and negotiate when the time comes.”

Making an appearance on Yahoo Sports’ Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast, Denver Nuggets power forward Jerami Grant discussed a myriad of topics, including his preferred format for the NBA’s return, why the Nuggets are often overlooked, his uncle Horace Grant and his impending player option. Grant, 25-years-old, has a $9.3 million player option for the 2020-21 season after signing a three-year, $27.3 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2018. However, Grant has played the best basketball of his career over the last two seasons, leading to obvious questions of if he believes he can obtain a more lucrative contract in free agency this offseason.

I'd love to have him but will he come here to come off the bench?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

12-15 Million and maybe declining over the term; 3 - 4 years and a team option. I think the going overpay is going to be in that 15 million range. But someone like Bertans and Harrell getting more,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

12-15 Million and maybe declining over the term; 3 - 4 years and a team option. I think the going overpay is going to be in that 15 million range. But someone like Bertans and Harrell getting more,

12-15 mil may be a little rich for a guy with a BMP/VORP of -.4/.7

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

12-15 mil may be a little rich for a guy with a BMP/VORP of -.4/.7

It might be but I bet good money he gets 12M or more; even if he stays put in Denver.

• Like 1

• Admin

I would consider something like Huerter + 1st (if it isn't 1 or 2) for Jaylon Brown.

I think Brown would be the perfect fit next to Trae ... An excellent defender who can score and hit the three.  We suddenly have our three consistent scorers in Trae/Brown/Collins and He Reddish/Hunter/CC would make a nice defensive impact too.

Only like 22 or 23 so still young too.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I would consider something like Huerter + 1st (if it isn't 1 or 2) for Jaylon Brown.

I think Brown would be the perfect fit next to Trae ... An excellent defender who can score and hit the three.  We suddenly have our three consistent scorers in Trae/Brown/Collins and He Reddish/Hunter/CC would make a nice defensive impact too.

Only like 22 or 23 so still young too.

Is he available?

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No

It's a complete waste of money

Any truth to the rumors of discord between Bagley's dad and Fox in Sacramento?  Saw a thread on Rgm about it, didn't bother to do much digging beyond that.

I don't like Bagley but I recall you did like him.  Wouldn't be a good target for us now, would he?

Actually, what am I thinking, you'd probably trade Collins for him in a heartbeat. 😄

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Any truth to the rumors of discord between Bagley's dad and Fox in Sacramento?  Saw a thread on Rgm about it, didn't bother to do much digging beyond that.

I don't like Bagley but I recall you did like him.  Wouldn't be a good target for us now, would he?

Actually, what am I thinking, you'd probably trade Collins for him in a heartbeat. 😄

I don't know.

I did and still do like him. Not that I am aware of.

I don't know if Bagley is a good fit for what we are doing right now. I wouldn't just trade John for anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@kg01

Trade Ideas with Indy (cost saving moves):

TJ Warren (2yrs $11 mil) /TJ McConnell (1 year/$3.5 mil) /TJ Leaf ($4.3 m, RFA next season) for DeAndre Bembry and 2020 2nd.   I don't see why Indy would move Warren and they would likely want more for him,  so maybe offer the OKC 2022 1st in lieu of the 2nd. This deal fills the backup PG, SF and PF slots. Warren is 26 years old so he fits.

TJ Leaf and 2nd for DeAndre Bembry - swap for 2 unwanted players by their teams. Leaf and Skal to man the backup PF roles. Indy saves a little in this deal.

Lamb (2yrs, 10 mil)/Leaf/Future 1st for Bembry. Lamb is injured with ACL so that's why the future 1st, plus salary dump for Indy. @Spud2nique finally gets his guy Lamb in a Hawks uni.

Doug McDermott ($7.3 mil)and TJ Leaf for Bembry. Indy saves money and gets a servicable player. Hawks get a shooter that'll be less expensive than Joe Harris and see what Leaf can offer as a backup PF along with Skal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lamb (2yrs, 10 mil)/Leaf/Future 1st for Bembry. Lamb is injured with ACL so that's why the future 1st, plus salary dump for Indy. @Spud2nique finally gets his guy Lamb in a Hawks uni.

Doug McDermott ($7.3 mil)and TJ Leaf for Bembry. Indy saves money and gets a servicable player. Hawks get a shooter that'll be less expensive than Joe Harris and see what Leaf can offer as a backup PF along with Skal.

I like these two for the most part but Leaf was 1/2 DON’T DRAFT guys for me in 2017 (the other being Kuzma).

I’d down for some Lamb off the pine 🌲.

Doug Mc over paying Joe Harris for me too. I like Harris but I’m not going to love his price tag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like these two for the most part but Leaf was 1/2 DON’T DRAFT guys for me in 2017 (the other being Kuzma).

Doug Mc over paying Joe Harris for me too. I like Harris but I’m not going to love his price tag. 

I like the idea of getting Doug but I really want to just say no to Leaf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn't Lamb just tear his Achilles?

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@kg01 especially for you. Since you want to move T. Rade:

Trade #1:

Hawks fall to the #8 pick - trade with Orlando for Aaron Gordon (2yrs/$18mil , $16mil) and #15.

Trade #2:

Hawks trade #52 to Dallas for Delon Wright (2yrs/$9mil, $8.5mil) and #31

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade #1:

Hawks fall to the #8 pick - trade with Orlando for Aaron Gordon (2yrs/$18mil , $16mil) and #15.

Trade #2:

Pass.  If collins was trash, he'd be Gordon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade #1:

Trade #2:

Oh hell no. I want no part of Gordon.

• Like 1