• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
17 hours ago, gurpilo said:

My memory is really bad but there were other suitors for Butler and Miami was really reluctant to give away Richardson as he was coming of his best season and showing flashes on half the season as go to scorer option, he was his primary scorer for a playoff team.

He is really a special player with a lot of good things, much better than Joe Harris for example, half of this forum is willing to pay for him more than for Richardson. 

Richardson is more athletic, better defender and shots ,370 from 3pt worst than Harris but still good, can create his own shot... He would be a terrific addition.

Not sure what you mean by suitors.  Butler could pick his team.  He was an unrestricted free agent.  So teams were definitely courting him but once he made his pick all Philly could do was extract as much value as possible if that team was capped out, which Miami was.  If they weren't, Philly would have gotten very little.  Philly couldn't actually extract fair market value for trading him like NO did in dealing Anthony Davis or something.  This was more like the compensation that Cleveland got when they "traded" LeBron to Miami.  It is just a payment for facilitating the cap aspects of the signing (i.e., doing a sign and trade to let Butler get more money and to clear cap space for Miami).

When Minnesota traded Butler to Philly, they had real leverage as they could have refused to trade him.  Philly had no real leverage as all they could do was refuse to S&T Butler which actually would have benefited Miami by allowing them to get Butler on a cheaper 4 year deal.  (This would still have required Miami to find another partner or set of partners to help them create cap space which they needed in LAC and Portland anyway.)  So they just got what Miami was willing to give to facilitate.

I like Richardson fine as a rotation piece but I don't think he is anything special.

I like these four off-season moves a lot: 

Draft Obi Toppin in the top 5. 

Trade Bruno, Dedmon, and cash considerations for PHI 2020 1st rounder (OKC), Horford, and Richardson

Move up a bit around 15-19 range to get Killian Hayes or Cole Anthony if they slip. 

Draft Tille with our 2nd rounder. 

Trae/Anthony or Hayes/Teague

Reddish/Kevin/FA or Bembry

Hunter/Richardson/FA or Graham

Collins/Toppin/Tille

Capela/Horford/Skal

1-13 with insane depth. 

1-10 can all be + WAR players. 

Best depth in the eastern conference with Toronto. 

Finally a team that can win around Trae Young. 

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Absolutely not. YOU are loyal! 😃 

Not gonna cite your source huh. That’s a Spud ☝🏽 

You have been on McDerm for the longest time.   The only one who wants him more than you is the Mavericks since he fits what they're going for. 😏

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade Bruno, Dedmon, and cash considerations for PHI 2020 1st rounder (OKC), Horford, and Richardson

Move up a bit around 15-19 range to get Killian Hayes or Cole Anthony if they slip. 

Collins/Toppin/Tille

Capela/Horford/Skal

1-13 with insane depth. 

I actually like that trade idea.  Once I saw how terribly PHI was using Horford, I started wondering if re-acquiring him would make sense for us.  His deal is still terrible but he'd actually help us.

I can see a team gambling on Tillie in round 1 and I don't see Hayes falling enough to target him in mid 1st.

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Collins/Toppin/Tille

Capela/Horford/Skal

1-13 with insane depth. 

Philly is not making that trade. Horford can still play, he's not a distressed asset, and Richardson has value as well. Philly would get a much better offer than Bruno and Dedmon if they were going in that direction.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Philly is not making that trade. Horford can still play, he's not a distressed asset, and Richardson has value as well. Philly would get a much better offer than Bruno and Dedmon if they were going in that direction.

The issue for PHI is on that deal, Horford as a bench player is untenable.  If they plan on keeping Simmons and Embiid, then Horford could indeed be seen as a bit of a distressed asset.  Richardson, despite what certain folks pointed out to me yesterday, and the FRP would become "sweetener" to take Horf.

I get what you're saying, and I'm sure PHI fans would bristle at the trade idea, but it's not that far off.  I don't think.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

NO HORFORD EVER THAT BENEDICT ARNOLD!

Fine under one condition, once a week a fan (from the Horford amigos section at State Farm arena) has an opportunity to titty flick Al during the halftime show and he has to take it. 

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

The issue for PHI is on that deal, Horford as a bench player is untenable.  If they plan on keeping Simmons and Embiid, then Horford could indeed be seen as a bit of a distressed asset.  Richardson, despite what certain folks pointed out to me yesterday, and the FRP would become "sweetener" to take Horf.

I get what you're saying, and I'm sure PHI fans would bristle at the trade idea, but it's not that far off.  I don't think.

They would get a better offer than Bruno and Dedmon for a package of Horford, Richardson and a protected 1st round pick. There are 30 teams in the league. Brown and Brand would never make that deal.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You have been on McDerm for the longest time.   The only one who wants him more than you is the Mavericks since he fits what they're going for. 😏

And the 1988 Milwaukee Bucks. Lol. ( see Ryan Christensen celebrations) 😐 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They would get a better offer than Bruno and Dedmon for a package of Horford, Richardson and a protected 1st round pick. There are 30 teams in the league. Brown and Brand would never make that deal.

The only scenario where it is possible is one where the cap contracts and a lot of teams are under duress to dump salary and Philly is highly motivated to do so.  I haven't run the numbers but I think this would take us out of max free agent discussions for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

Umm, I'm not on board with bringing Horford back.  He's making $81,000,000 over the next three years and he'll be 36 at the end of the contract.  That's a bit too pricey for me.  

They'd have to attach Embiid or Simmons for me to consider it and they aren't doing that.

If he was cheaper, I'd be all for it though.  He's a good locker room vet and plays the right way.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I am pretty sure Philly would rather the 1st to trade in this draft over Richardson as a wing is extremely difficult to get on the open market and trade market right now and to be a filler might be undervaluing him too much in the current marketplace. Also, they need to limit their salaries as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Umm, I'm not on board with bringing Horford back.  He's making $81,000,000 over the next three years and he'll be 36 at the end of the contract.  That's a bit too pricey for me.  

They'd have to attach Embiid or Simmons for me to consider it and they aren't doing that.

If he was cheaper, I'd be all for it though.  He's a good locker room vet and plays the right way.

If he was cheaper, he wouldn't be available for extremely cheap either. He's still productive even as a wrongly used player as Philly is doing right now.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

The only scenario where it is possible is one where the cap contracts and a lot of teams are under duress to dump salary and Philly is highly motivated to do so.  I haven't run the numbers but I think this would take us out of max free agent discussions for the foreseeable future.

It wouldn't for 2021 but it will for even the max for 2020 but there is no one that can get the max in 2020 available truly. 

Hawks currently have 60 million in cap space out of 115. Richardson 10 and Horford is 27. Dedmon is 13 going out. 23 million for 2020. 2021 is projected to be 125, we have 43 million for 2021. Obviously, our 1sts this year is expected to add salary as well. So we would likely be right around 35-37 million for 2021. We might have to shave a million but that should he easy to move money. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If he was cheaper, he wouldn't be available for extremely cheap either. He's still productive even as a wrongly used player as Philly is doing right now.

There's nothing extremely cheap about acquiring Al - it's still ~$40 million in capspace we would be taking on for both him and Richardson. That's a very expensive back up who'd be making more than our younger starting Center.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

NO HORFORD EVER THAT BENEDICT ARNOLD!

Fine under one condition, once a week a fan (from the Horford amigos section at State Farm arena) has an opportunity to titty flick Al during the halftime show and he has to take it. 

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

You can be a fanboy forever to get with the program that we got a lot of cap and we need to use some of it. Deals like this, help us as it gives us high WAR players for little to nothing but cap space which we got in abundance and with a weak FA market, this is our only choice to add talent without giving anything up while gaining assets. 

If we can land Cole Anthony and Horford and all it took was a couple of 2nds and Dedmon, do it!

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You can be a fanboy forever to get with the program that we got a lot of cap and we need to use some of it. Deals like this, help us as it gives us high WAR players for little to nothing but cap space which we got in abundance and with a weak FA market, this is our only choice to add talent without giving anything up while gaining assets. 

If we can land Cole Anthony and Horford and all it took was a couple of 2nds and Dedmon, do it!

Doesn't mean blowing it on long term bad contracts...and yes, Al has a bad contract especially considering the expected Cap issues.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's nothing extremely cheap about acquiring Al - it's still ~$40 million in capspace we would be taking on. That's a very expensive back up who'd be making more than our younger starting Center.

27-28 million and 88 million in total with a 10 million dollar out in his last year. At the end of the day, these are the moves teams like Toronto make and why they are winning and why we are losing and getting clowns who have no value like Evan Turner. Who in FA can get is 5 WAR as a backup center that would be willing to sign with us?

Toronto is paying Ibaka one Gasol and combination of 50 million dollars. One is a backup and both are high value vets. We gotta start making winning moves. Even Sund, BK and the guys like that did this when we took on Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby.

We can't be on some, if you want us, you will come shit. The east isn't easy to get into the playoffs right now. These bottom teams are getting stronger. Brooklyn is adding Durant. Stop that low level rebuilding mode logic