• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Bulls traded Charles Oakley, GS traded Monta Ellis, the Cs traded Al Jefferson....all moves of young players drafted by a team and traded to get an important piece to a ring.  I'm not eager to trade any of our young guys but if the right deal comes along, it could be a mistake to pass on it.  Be careful but don't allow an overabundance of caution to deter you greatness.

Yep...but I don't see anyone 'available' that currently meet that criteria.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Bulls traded Charles Oakley, GS traded Monta Ellis, the Cs traded Al Jefferson....all moves of young players drafted by a team and traded to get an important piece to a ring.  I'm not eager to trade any of our young guys but if the right deal comes along, it could be a mistake to pass on it.  Be careful but don't allow an overabundance of caution to deter you greatness.

True. All three has reasons. 

Curry was becoming the player to build around in GS, not Ellis anymore

Grant was drafted by CHI, opened the door to land a center to play against Laimbeer and gang. CHI had a bunch of bad centers. Purdue was too young. 

Jefferson is so Boston, they was hyping his ass up so much and finally traded him for a KG. He was getting the OG Jaylen Brown treatment in that era. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Were any of those guys on a rookie contract?  Are we talking apples and Oranges?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep...but I don't see anyone 'available' that currently meet that criteria.

If the right person doesn't come then you don't trade.  Guys come on and off the market and that changes over time.  Again, my bias is to keep them like Peo but always to look for opportunities.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Were any of those guys on a rookie contract?  Are we talking apples and Oranges?

I think so.  Oakley had just finished his 3rd year and put up 12.4 points and 13.0 rebounds per game.  Jefferson was 22, just like Kev, and averaged 16 and 11.  Both were under team control.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

If the right person doesn't come then you don't trade.  Guys come on and off the market and that changes over time.  Again, my bias is to keep them like Peo but always to look for opportunities.  

Yeah but 1st things first...You have to figure out whether what you have before trading your players away.

I like Huerter. He is smart and can shoot, or soon will be able to shoot for %. He needs to toughen the D up. Depends on the deal but we better be getting quality. Same with JC. We stockpiled talent and I’m not just giving away our talent. That was a lot of losing to acquire that talent. We earned it. Not giving it away for a crappy deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think so.  Oakley had just finished his 3rd year and put up 12.4 points and 13.0 rebounds per game.  Jefferson was 22, just like Kev, and averaged 16 and 11.  Both were under team control.

Those team were different.  Boston had older players, Steph couldn't play with Ellis and Chicago had an established super star and needed a center.  We would just be trading lateral pieces because our spots are filled

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Those team were different.  Boston had older players, Steph couldn't play with Ellis and Chicago had an established super star and needed a center.  We would just be trading lateral pieces because our spots are filled

Boston had older players?  No.  They decided to trade much of their youth for vets.  They were remarkably young in Jefferson's last season with the team with PP being the only significant vet and even he was under 30.  This is sorted by minutes played.  Ages 22, 24, 23, 20, 21, etc.

image.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Boston had older players?  No.  They decided to trade much of their youth for vets.  They were remarkably young in Jefferson's last season with the team with PP being the only significant vet and even he was under 30.  This is sorted by minutes played.  Ages 22, 24, 23, 20, 21, etc.

image.png

I should have said older star player in Paul Pierce.  Pierce was the key.  Trae is not 29 so we have time to evaluate our drafted players.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Al and Oakley were traded at the start of year 4. Monta was year 7.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

image.png

Also consider who they were trading for...KG and Ray Allen. It matters who we get back

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I should have said older star player in Paul Pierce.  Pierce was the key.  Trae is not 29 so we have time to evaluate our drafted players.

LAL traded their young drafted players in Ingram and Ball after years 3 and 2 respectively....the difference is LAL got back a real difference maker in AD. That's the kind of trades I'm ok with. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Also consider who they were trading for...KG and Ray Allen. It matters who we get back

LAL traded their young drafted players in Ingram and Ball after years 3 and 2 respectively....the difference is LAL got back a real difference maker in AD. That's the kind of trades I'm ok with. 

Yep...There is a difference between trading for AD or KG vs Buddy Hield

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think that is what I've been saying.  There are absolutely people it would be a huge mistake to hold onto our guys for if they come on the market.  The last few years we've seen the following guys moved:

Kawhi Leonard

Anthony Davis

Paul George 

Russell Westbrook

Jimmy Butler

Blake Griffin

Kristaps Prozingis

Tobias Harris

Clint Capela

Marc Gasol

Victor Oladipo

Etc.

The point is that these guys might not be available today but they might be tomorrow.  We shouldn't rule that out without seeing who the player is.  If the deal isn't right, then don't do it.  No need to do anything gratuitously but no need to rule anything out beforehand either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think that is what I've been saying.  There are absolutely people it would be a huge mistake to hold onto our guys for if they come on the market.  The last few years we've seen the following guys moved:

Kawhi Leonard

Anthony Davis

Paul George 

Russell Westbrook

Jimmy Butler

Blake Griffin

Kristaps Prozingis

Tobias Harris

Clint Capela

Marc Gasol

Victor Oladipo

Etc.

The point is that these guys might not be available today but they might be tomorrow.  We shouldn't rule that out without seeing who the player is.  If the deal isn't right, then don't do it.  No need to do anything gratuitously but no need to rule anything out beforehand either.

🤞 Holding out hope that KAT or Booker will unexpectedly become available sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Marcus Smart is a player I'd pursue.

I said that and got shot down. He’s a hustle glue guy. It would put a certain brand on us. But I’m not trading with the Celts. 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

🤞 Holding out hope that KAT or Booker will unexpectedly become available sooner rather than later.

I wonder about KAT.  What has he won?  The Wolves have moved some players in and out of there.  Has he raised the bar?  

• Like 2