• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great Video on Trae Young Assists

RedDawg#8

Trae really is the closest thing to Steve nash in terms of passing style in this era and he’s the best passer Out of the pick since cp3 prime years.

this is one of the reasons I don’t understand why it’s such a big deal to get the ball out of his hands . Trae is the new Steve nash  there’s no need to take the ball out of his hands much . I get a secondary playmaker is needed but ultimately the offense should always start with the ball in traes hand most times down the court

while this team needs more defense and just better quality shooters overall , in the back of my mind I pretty much KNOW better offense will make them dangerous in the East even if defense only slightly improves....seriously can you imagine what Trae would look like with shooters around him???!!!...that equals an overwhelming offense 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Trae really is the closest thing to Steve nash in terms of passing style in this era and he’s the best passer Out of the pick since cp3 prime years.

this is one of the reasons I don’t understand why it’s such a big deal to get the ball out of his hands . Trae is the new Steve nash  there’s no need to take the ball out of his hands much . I get a secondary playmaker is needed but ultimately the offense should always start with the ball in traes hand most times down the court

while this team needs more defense and just better quality shooters overall , in the back of my mind I pretty much KNOW better offense will make them dangerous in the East even if defense only slightly improves....seriously can you imagine what Trae would look like with shooters around him???!!!...that equals an overwhelming offense 

The problem is Nash's teams never got a ring. Trae is an offensive savant, but we still need to diversify what we can do on offense. If Cam or even Huerter can become legitimate secondary playmakers that would be critical for any future success. Any playmaking John is able to add helps too. Obviously our players will get better with time but it would help us now if another perimeter player can step up and create on their own.

Trae is Zeke most to me. Followed by Nash, and he could very well imitate John Stockton’s play to chase more dimes but he’s got too much raw offensive skill to go to waste like that.

Trae is a future MVP.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is Zeke most to me. Followed by Nash, and he could very well imitate John Stockton’s play to chase more dimes but he’s got too much raw offensive skill to go to waste like that.

Trae is a future MVP.

I agree mostly because of the Dog mentality they share. Trae is out there to embarrass you. Plus he is both revered and yet unfairly disliked by many outside of his fanbase. 

The big difference to me is Zeke was a more explosive athlete whereas Trae is a more rangy shooter.

Trae is going to surprise people how much he improves on defense. It really is about effort and savvy, the latter of which comes with time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

The problem is Nash's teams never got a ring. Trae is an offensive savant, but we still need to diversify what we can do on offense. If Cam or even Huerter can become legitimate secondary playmakers that would be critical for any future success. Any playmaking John is able to add helps too. Obviously our players will get better with time but it would help us now if another perimeter player can step up and create on their own.

Nash never got a ring but lets not act like those Lakers and Spurs dynasties  werent the real reason why. The Suns were built just a notch below and the main reason why was because they wanted to play fast/small  but had to deal with Shaq and Duncan which forced them to sign and play those traditional big men (Amare wasn't guarding them) to try and slow them down.

As similar as we are in that Collins is our Amare to Trae's Steve, now more than ever can teams get away with small ball so long as the shooting and defense is legit. That's really our homework. If we can knock down shots closer to league average and at least get stops when we need to, this is a contender.

You saw it when we played and beat some of the elite teams. Those were the nights we usually had a good defensive strategy and our shooters were on.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree mostly because of the Dog mentality they share. Trae is out there to embarrass you. Plus he is both revered and yet unfairly disliked by many outside of his fanbase. 

The big difference to me is Zeke was a more explosive athlete whereas Trae is a more rangy shooter.

Trae is going to surprise people how much he improves on defense. It really is about effort and savvy, the latter of which comes with time.

I hope so. It will be BIG for us.

He has got to get out of the NBA basement.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They talk about empty stats but in a lot of ways it's really the opposite.   Putting up the numbers Trae did without much consistent help and being the complete focus of the defense is pretty amazing.   

In the last LP interview I posted, he was asked about the Trae 'hunting for assists' narrative - said that was crazy talk (my word). He said he keeps telling Trae he wants him to get even more assists. He's just that special.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In the last LP interview I posted, he was asked about the Trae 'hunting for assists' narrative - said that was crazy talk (my word). He said he keeps telling Trae he wants him to get even more assists. He's just that special.

Perhaps a free agent like Bertan is more valuable to us than other teams because we know if trae gets him open he will finish plays (3s) similar to how Collins is an elite finisher if he’s freed up no matter if it’s at the rim or out at the 3 point line.

give trae a few just a few more consistent shooters and we are a legit dangerous young nba team...maybe not championship contender but we will frighten teams for sure.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JTB said:

Perhaps a free agent like Bertan is more valuable to us than other teams because we know if trae gets him open he will finish plays (3s) similar to how Collins is an elite finisher if he’s freed up no matter if it’s at the rim or out at the 3 point line.

give trae a few just a few more consistent shooters and we are a legit dangerous young nba team...maybe not championship contender but we will frighten teams for sure.

Saw this, but The article doesn't make a strong case why overpaying is prudent.

• Like 3

I don't see the logic in paying big money for Bertans to come off the bench when he's only got one position he can play and adds nothing defensively. Collins is taking the majority of the minutes at PF matter what, and we've got two quality centers on the roster. If you go small, you'd want Hunter at the 4 instead of Bertans.

Not to mention the fact that you'd have to outbid Washington severely because Bertans isn't leaving a situation where he's a starter to come sit on the bench for a team that's been losing. If we want a shooter, Joe Harris makes more sense since the Nets have a lot of money committed elsewhere, he'd probably starts if we sign him, and unless we draft Edwards or Ball and they're dominant immediately, Harris will get his minutes at one of the wing positions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTB said:

I agree with this but I just want to add that Collins is a elite finisher even without Trae. Dude makes some good strong moves to score through contact. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In the last LP interview I posted, he was asked about the Trae 'hunting for assists' narrative - said that was crazy talk (my word). He said he keeps telling Trae he wants him to get even more assists.

Why would anyone want a point guard not racking up assists? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Why would anyone want a point guard not racking up assists? 

I’m guessing because they would specifically hunt for their set number of dimes per game and lose focus on the game itself.

Trae is mature though I think he understands. I saw him gripe early on a few times about rebounds with Len and possibly in the rookie all stars contest for numbers but I don’t think he’s focused on numbers as much as he is on winning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is mature though I think he understands. I saw him gripe early on a few times about rebounds with Len and possibly in the rookie all stars contest for numbers but I don’t think he’s focused on numbers as much as he is on winning.

He has said how the not winning yet kinda kills him. We have a starting roster for him to really work with across the board now, or at least moreso and am expecting a lot.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

He has said how the not winning yet kinda kills him. We have a starting roster for him to really work with across the board now, or at least moreso and am expecting a lot.  

Yup same. I think we will all see how he is not a Marbury and more of an Isiah Thomas with weapons around him to help get the job done. I honestly believe Trae is parallel to Zeke in around 1984 or 85ish. Starting to get some of the main pieces.. (Hunter/Rodman) (Cam/Dumars) (Collins/Laimbeer) (Huerter/Microwave). I have high expectations of a definitely playoff birth next year. 

• Like 1