• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which do the Hawks need most for 20/21

Spud2nique

Which do the Hawks need most for 20-21  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Between trades, draft and FAncy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2020 at 05:25 AM

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All of The Above!

But since I hafta.....it's a toss up between Shooting and Defense.

The good thing is, hopefully, the shooting of our core players improve and we've dumped alot of the bad shooters. Like @ShooterSays Trae could really rack up even more assists if we hit more.

It was difficult watching us not getting stops when we needed and giving up 150 points. I would like to see a point where even if we can't score we can stop the other team from scoring.

I can't choose.

200.gif

Still.....

ColorfulBarrenEarwig-size_restricted.gif

7ac.jpg.37ae301fd2201ba8a1b8867cb4aca51f.jpg

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All of The Above!

But since I hafta.....it's a toss up between Shooting and Defense.

The good thing is, hopefully, the shooting of our core players improve and we've dumped alot of the bad shooters. Like @ShooterSays Trae could really rack up even more assists if we hit more.

It was difficult watching us not getting stops when we needed and giving up 150 points. I would like to see a point where even if we can't score we can stop the other team from scoring.

I can't choose.

200.gif

Still.....

ColorfulBarrenEarwig-size_restricted.gif

😆 I’m Larry David. I can’t decide. I think secondary playmaker or defense for me over shooting. We have a roster that has shooter is Trae, Huerter, Cam and Hunter, it’s just they didn’t hit often. That should fix itself.

Playmaker behind Trae is Teague. We need a combo type guard.

Defense was abysmal. 🤦‍♀️ 

https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f5de3b67-2b6a-4eae-92e8-0765ea814962

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just looking at the draft right here on this for the moment. Doesn't seem to be a high talent true two way player in the draft so not that easy to figure. Clint and the two sophomores are surely gonna aid the defense but when Trae and Kevin are on the floor at the same time there will be trouble on that end for us, if that happens a lot. Still need to help seal those assists from Trae too. Am confusing myself. Guess I'll try fairly efficient "shooting" without totally sucking on D. Whoever we feel would be a plus player for us in that role.

• Like 2

Shew...tough one. Tough.

I'm torn bw playmaker and shooting.

I have been dreaming of drafting 🐜, bc I just want to see someone who can create some points when no one else can.* We have a top dog in Trae, but we need at least a second to compete.

Barring getting 🐜, we gotta get have players that can nail their shots, whether that's from FA or internal growth. Since I don't actually expect us to get 🐜, or get a serious playmaker in FAcy, I'm ultimately voting for shooting.

Re: Defense...I think Clint will be a big help (and Dedmond as backup), and the other young guys have shown enough that I think they will improve to at least a semi respectable level, especially Cam and Hunter. We don't have to be the the old Pistons, just decent enough to keep us in the game.

*: I will admit that even if we do somehow get 🐜, I don't think he will be a dominating rookie, so it wouldn't help us as much next season. Looking for year two for impact and year three to blow up. Another reason why I voted shooting.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ballhandler?

There were a couple games I remember when our wings was doing this and then it went away. Grab the rebound and go.

I agree, go with what works! The Hawks have players like Trae and Cam that can absolutely dominate in transition.  Clint will help the D-Rebounding a lot.  Him together with Collins should have the Hawks doing good work on the glass most nights. 

• Like 2