• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 you say that literally every year, ok maybe not about an older guy but I’m telling you, he isn’t the Tom Brady level. That’s ludicrous on way too many levels bro. I think his CEILING is Amare and that’s actually saying a lot. I will agree that Amare didn’t have a 3 but that was then when it wasn’t needed. 

I’m not gonna bash your opinion I’m just not gonna come out and say he’s THAT good. Also, if he was on a Brady or Curry type level, why isn’t he even discussed as a top 3 pick, not even 1, 3!!!!!!! If he’s Tom Brady or Curry at pick 5-7 or wherever Toppin goes then Anthony Edwards is Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain cuz he’s gonna go ahead of Toppin. Either that or all 30 scouts will not pick Toppin 1st but Supes will cuz he’s Tom Brady. 😊 

We are seeing progress from you. You went from Derrick Williams, to Aaron Gordon to Amar'e. I'll take progress and keep going. 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’d literally take like 5 2nd round draft prospects ahead of this cat. 

I want this kid so damn back as a 3rd stringer and eventually backup. He has everything we need. 

Can run an offense? Check

Can run PnR's? Check

Can he shoot? Check

Can he shoot pull-up 3s? Check

Can he score in space? Check

Is he smart? Check

Does he have a great production track on offense? Check

I don't give a damn about defense in our system from a PG. That's what the wings are for outside of Kevin. We need to build an offensive based bench like Dallas. Don't be Philly and can't score at all. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have close to Al's defensive talent as a prospect but offensively, he's what Billy Donovan would have loved to have. Al just doesn't have this level of athleticism that Toppin has. I actually like the comparison. Al is one of the best I've seen at getting value out of each possession for a big and is extremely scheme versatile and like Toppin, both were coached by Anthony Grant. 

Al is like my favorite natural PF to ever play outside of Duncan. He's now a modern 5.  

Yeah i meant offensively..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah i meant offensively..

He has a lot of Horford in him but he's a lot more talented on that end than Al was. 

For the Hawks: My list is this: 

1. Obi Toppin - Fits how we play, gives us a legit backup for JC with the potential to be a lot more.
2. Deni A. - Shows potential to be an excellent playmaking forward as a defensive 4.
3. Okoro - Big wing with potential to be very good
4. Patrick Williams - Big wing with potential be a 3&D big wing
5. Hali - Top tier backup PG with potential to be a good starter
6. Hayes - Top tier backup PG with potential to be a good starter

2nd round:
1. Payton Pritchard- Top tier 3rd string PG with potential to be a good backup PG
2. Malachi Flynn- Top tier 3rd string PG with potential to be a good backup PG
3. Grant Riller- Top tier 3rd string PG with potential to be a good backup PG
4. Markus Howard- Shooter
5. Cassius Winston - Baller
6. Nico Mannion - Passer and Shooter who's raw.

Trades or FA:
1. Looking for free players who provide shooting and depth on reasonable deals.
2. Shooters - Looking for markman off the bench
3. Defenders - Looking for defenders off the bench

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There are at least two really good wing defenders at about where we will draft. Take either one of them. Stay far away from old ass rookies. I hate old ass rookies in every sport. 

Okoro and who? Vassel?

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There are at least two really good wing defenders at about where we will draft. Take either one of them. Stay far away from old ass rookies. I hate old ass rookies in every sport. 

Some of our best picks have been "old ass rookies" 

Nique

Horford

Diaw

Mike Scott and Moose for 2nd rounders

Alan Henderson 

Jason Terry

I like taking the best players who have a chance to grow to be excellent players. If that's an "old ass rookie" Take em. 

Before you bring up bust like Shelden, we passed on old ass rookies in that draft like Brandon Roy. Before you bring up old ass Acie Law, we passed on old ass Aaron Brooks. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

For the Hawks: My list is this: 

1. Obi Toppin - Fits how we play, gives us a legit backup for JC with the potential to be a lot more.
2. Deni A. - Shows potential to be an excellent playmaking forward as a defensive 4.
3. Okoro - Big wing with potential to be very good
4. Patrick Williams - Big wing with potential be a 3&D big wing
5. Hali - Top tier backup PG with potential to be a good starter
6. Hayes - Top tier backup PG with potential to be a good starter

No Okongwu? Ur 🥜’s bro! Ya, the kind CP3 likes to touch! 😃 

53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No Okongwu? Ur 🥜’s bro! Ya, the kind CP3 likes to touch! 😃 

I simply forgot to add him. No hard feelings. He would be ahead of the PGs at 5. I still see him as a modern 5. I kept trying to see him as a 4 and that only works if we were in 1996. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I simply forgot to add him. No hard feelings. He would be ahead of the PGs at 5. I still see him as a modern 5. I kept trying to see him as a 4 and that only works if we were in 1996. 

I think he can play 4/5 5/4 like Schlenk wants. Outside of Trae and Capela, no key player of ours plays only one positions, it’s at least 2, in the case of Cam and Hunter, prolly 3 positions.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I think he can play 4/5 5/4 like Schlenk wants. Outside of Trae and Capela, no key player of ours plays only one positions, it’s at least 2, in the case of Cam and Hunter, prolly 3 positions.

Defensively, I think he can. Offensively, naw. He's a 5 for now. 

I can see that. I like the fact that guys can play more than 1 position outside of the PGs. 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Defensively, I think he can. Offensively, naw. He's a 5 for now. 

I can see that. I like the fact that guys can play more than 1 position outside of the PGs. 

True. This feels like a virtual “slumber party” 🎉 Supes. :airquote: 

When’s kg rollin by with the henny? I mean, the Zimas. :aaa:

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I want this kid so damn back as a 3rd stringer and eventually backup. He has everything we need. 

Can run an offense? Check

Can run PnR's? Check

Can he shoot? Check

Can he shoot pull-up 3s? Check

Can he score in space? Check

Is he smart? Check

Does he have a great production track on offense? Check

I don't give a damn about defense in our system from a PG. That's what the wings are for outside of Kevin. We need to build an offensive based bench like Dallas. Don't be Philly and can't score at all. 

He struggled his junior year, but as a senior he was outstanding. He can shoot the ball, and take and make tough shots. He is expected to go somewhere in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind the pick if we pass on a guard at #6.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He struggled his junior year, but as a senior he was outstanding. He can shoot the ball, and take and make tough shots. He is expected to go somewhere in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind the pick if we pass on a guard at #6.

The depth at PG this year in the draft is insane. It's like the center position in last year's draft

There are channels  on Youtube who don't think that highly of Okoro has Hawksquawk.  I have heard him being compared to Stanley Johnson and Justice Winslow.  There was one Channel that stated Issac Okoro's best potential would be Caron Butler.  Does anyone have any worries that we could be over evaluating Okoro's potential? is he a big gamble for the 6th pick?