• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do we get another 2020 1st (Non-Lotto)

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Hey, don't be lecturing me.  I've seen you go toe-to-toe with plenty of fanbases about them overrating their own players. 😄 

I'm pretty sure I've had to jump into a couple to defend your honor too. 🤕

That's true but they be shitting on ours in the process. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Thank you!  Why do posters defend the indefensible.  Schlenk has stunk it up in the late 1st and 2nd rounds.  He has stunk with the G league.  He has stunk with free agent signings.  He has stunk with trades.   This should be clear to everyone!

So you think Poetl was the better pick because he was included in the Kawhi trade?  You don't think Sabonis would have had more trade value?  I mean i thought we were talking about GMs whiffing on picks?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Think about it!  What other GM is batting Zero percent in the 2nd round, Undrafted free agency, and heck even in the late lottery?  He suck even in free agency and trades for that matter!

You can disagree with his logic, but considering how many first round picks we've had in the past couple of draft, Schlenk has not wanted to take on any more rookies in the second round. Whether he's correct to think that, is uncertain but even if I agree that he has mismanaged our late picks, he's hit on the earlier ones which is much more important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is aware of this. That's why he's targeting first rounders. For our style of offense, it's harder to find hidden gems.

What would that be?  Take bad shots, Play no defense, get out rebounded by 20 and lead the league in turnover?  Pretty hard to find players that can be good at all 4.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So you think Poetl was the better pick because he was included in the Kawhi trade?  You don't think Sabonis would have had more trade value?  I mean i thought we were talking about GMs whiffing on picks?   

You 1 questionable example to compare with Schlenk blowing all of his picks out side pick 19?

• Moderators

I see this is nothing about whether Travis is better or worse than anyone at drafting.  It's rehash of the fact that we tanked this past season.  We have a bright future because we have 5 guys who are solid-to-elite NBA talent in their rookie/sophmore years.   How much more can you ask for.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What would that be?  Take bad shots, Play no defense, get out rebounded by 20 and lead the league in turnover?  Pretty hard to find players that can be good at all 4.

I get your anger but this ain't it

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

You can disagree with his logic, but considering how many first round picks we've had in the past couple of draft, Schlenk has not wanted to take on any more rookies in the second round. Whether he's correct to think that, is uncertain but even if I agree that he has mismanaged our late picks, he's hit on the earlier ones which is much more important.

I get that he doesn't want to ruin to many player's future by exposing them to LP but it leads to the Hawks not having a bench!!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I get that he doesn't want to ruin to many player's future by exposing them to LP but it leads to the Hawks not having a bench!!

You really on one. Naw, TS thought the vets he added would help. They didn't 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You 1 questionable example to compare with Schlenk blowing all of his picks out side pick 19?

I forgot we traded down to 19 to draft Trae. And then the Mavs’ lottery pick somehow ended up at 19 where we drafted Cam.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Good illustration.  Don started off as a GM with the #1 overall pick in the 1977 draft.  He selected Kent Benson at #1.  Benson finished his career as the #17 player from the draft in career win shares, an undoubted disappointment for such a premium pick.

The next year he picked George Johnson at #12 overall who finished #21 overall in WS.

You can keep going but all of these guys miss picks.  If you don't miss picks, it is because you aren't picking.

Masai Ujiri has been an outstanding GM but you can certainly see he hasn't optimized all his picks. 

He passed on Jimmy Butler in 2011 to take Kenneth Faried. 

He passed on Draymond Green and Khris Middleton in 2012 to take Evan Fournier. 

He took Bruno Caboclo to pass on Jokic, Clint Capela among many, many others who were better choices.  

I can keep going on the first rounders but the second rounders are no shock here either:

Here are his second round choices in order:

Quincy Miller

İzzet Türkyılmaz

DeAndre Daniels

Xavier Thames

Dewan Hernandez

Is that a murderer's row of amazing talent?

I'm sure I'm missing a pick he traded for or something but it isn't like anyone has a high hit rate on second rounders.  It is extremely rare for a GM to even have a high hit rate on first rounders!

TS has proven himself as a drafter to me.  It is the rest of the roster building where he needs to prove himself.

I mean seriously.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Good illustration.  Don started off as a GM with the #1 overall pick in the 1977 draft.  He selected Kent Benson at #1.  Benson finished his career as the #17 player from the draft in career win shares, an undoubted disappointment for such a premium pick.

The next year he picked George Johnson at #12 overall who finished #21 overall in WS.

You can keep going but all of these guys miss picks.  If you don't miss picks, it is because you aren't picking.

Masai Ujiri has been an outstanding GM but you can certainly see he hasn't optimized all his picks. 

He passed on Jimmy Butler in 2011 to take Kenneth Faried. 

He passed on Draymond Green and Khris Middleton in 2012 to take Evan Fournier. 

He took Bruno Caboclo to pass on Jokic, Clint Capela among many, many others who were better choices.  

I can keep going on the first rounders but the second rounders are no shock here either:

Here are his second round choices in order:

Quincy Miller

İzzet Türkyılmaz

DeAndre Daniels

Xavier Thames

Dewan Hernandez

Is that a murderer's row of amazing talent?

I'm sure I'm missing a pick he traded for or something but it isn't like anyone has a high hit rate on second rounders.  It is extremely rare for a GM to even have a high hit rate on first rounders!

TS has proven himself as a drafter to me.  It is the rest of the roster building where he needs to prove himself.

Has he hit on any?   If he has then he is automatically better than Schlenk!