• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here Comes The Falcons - 2020 Season is upon us!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I've been completely out of the loop on the Falcons this week. I didn't even realize Quinn was fired until I noticed he wasn't on the sidelines. Quinn and Dimitroff were given every chance so I have no issue with them both being fired during the season. I laid the blame for the Super Bowl debacle at the feet of Shanahan, but it's obvious he had willing accomplices because the Falcons lost the same way after he was long gone. It was past time for a change. It was great to see the team respond the way they did today, but I'm afraid it may be too little too late. The Falcons are now in a tough position. It's too early to lay down but they may have already dug themselves too deep a hole to salvage this season. I hope they prove me wrong. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 hours ago, hawkman said:

I've been completely out of the loop on the Falcons this week. I didn't even realize Quinn was fired until I noticed he wasn't on the sidelines. Quinn and Dimitroff were given every chance so I have no issue with them both being fired during the season. I laid the blame for the Super Bowl debacle at the feet of Shanahan, but it's obvious he had willing accomplices because the Falcons lost the same way after he was long gone. It was past time for a change. It was great to see the team respond the way they did today, but I'm afraid it may be too little too late. The Falcons are now in a tough position. It's too early to lay down but they may have already dug themselves too deep a hole to salvage this season. I hope they prove me wrong. 

Honestly i'd rather have the high draft pick than 7-9 record.  

Falcons and Lions - 10/25/2020

After the Falcons final TD, I was yelling at my TV:

Go into your prevent defense now.  We all knows what that means- It means this defense prevents the Falcons from winning the game.  And, it worked to perfection.

Don't you dare blitz.  You might stop the Lions if you do this.  DON'T DO IT!  They didn't.  Lions easily marched down the field, scored the game tying TD  with 2 seconds to go, Falcons again would not dare blitz.  With no time remaining in the game, the true kick for that important extra point prevented the Falcons from winning again.

But then, they always melt in the 4th quarter, don't they!!

😪

• Premium Member

I can't blame Raheem Morris for this loss. He made the right call to stop short of the goal line and run the clock. The players have to execute. If Gurley stops short, they run the clock, kick the FG and secure the win. If the players really like Morris they need to play like it or it'll be another guy next season. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Although they still wound up winning, the GSU Panthers gave us some Falcons-lite Fun Belt action on Saturday in Alabama.

I was like, "Do y'all not, like, LIVE here? Go get the ball!"

GSU bot bailed out because the refs questionably called illegal touching (pre-10 yards before recovery) upon review. But for that reversal of Troy's recovery, G-State and the Falcons' muff against the Cowpokes would've been side-by-side on SportsCenter all Sunday morning.

~lw3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Falcons finding new ways to lose, they can write a book.  ''Tips and Tricks to Lose a Game You Should Win'" 

The real unbelievable thing here is the no timeouts for the lions.  i mean this game should be over.   I'd much sooner get over a  missed FG than continued boneheadedness. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

yeah.  huge mistake for a vet.  unless he had other instructions.   only thing was i thought that was 1st and goal so not sure why ryan is saying get the first but maybe i'm wrong.    Of course the other thing is it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It's crazy to think what the record should be if we don't give away games that we have a 99% chance of winning at the end.

Gurley still managed to run out of bounds instead of staying in and running the clock late in the 4th. That's AFTER his mistake in last week's debacle. I'm still seeing too many other boneheaded mistakes as well. Morris has to address these things ASAP or he'll be out the door like Quinn. He has to keep players accountable without being so harsh that they tune him out. But on a positive note, this was a good win. Morris is 2-1 as the Falcons' head coach. But the fact that he should be 3-0 still irks me. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Should be 4-0 under Morris (lookin' at you Gurley). 4-5 sounds a heck of a lot better than 3-6 but I'll take it as long as this type of play is the new norm. The team looks so much better on both sides of the ball. If only the coaching change was made before the start of the season.  Sigh.

• Like 3