• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

That said, I can't think of much good to say about the #6 pick at this point.  Like, what is he?

That's my question.   I"m all for OO being a great player for us but i'm not sure what he's supposed to turn into to warrant the pick.   Seems like a short Capela which is just a lot of guys in the league.  

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the draft but i hate taking bigs in the top 5-10.  And especially when they aren't that big and can't shoot.  

Still he shows some glimpses of having a high motor which is good.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's my question.   I"m all for OO being a great player for us but i'm not sure what he's supposed to turn into to warrant the pick.   Seems like a short Capela which is just a lot of guys in the league.  

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the draft but i hate taking bigs in the top 5-10.  And especially when they aren't that big and can't shoot.  

Still he shows some glimpses of having a high motor which is good.  

We got to just accept that he won't be a productive player this year. Him not playing basketball for 10 months compounded with him not having a summer league and full training camp has left him really unprepared to contribute this year. Add in the fact that he was injured for basically the first month of the season as well as there not being enough practice time this year. 

I'm hoping to see how much he can improve next year.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

We got to just accept that he won't be a productive player this year. Him not playing basketball for 10 months compounded with him not having a summer league and full training camp has left him really unprepared to contribute this year. Add in the fact that he was injured for basically the first month of the season as well as there not being enough practice time this year. 

It sure would be nice to see OO improve like Hunter from 1st to 2nd year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

It sure would be nice to see OO improve like Hunter from 1st to 2nd year.

Except Hunter played a ton of games and a ton of minutes...OO is playing most in the 1st half and in blowouts. He's still young and considering the circumstances, I'd just look at this as a redshirt year for him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

That said, I can't think of much good to say about the #6 pick at this point.

You didn’t see the swat last night? 🤔 Gwu will be just fine you gossipers leave him alone he’s a manimal elite in the making, all defensive teams coming up. Look at his 🌲 trunk build down low, he’s the right pick. Same people probably thought Hunter was a bad pick too. Shame on you Gametime and KG and others I’m taking notes 📝. Revisit this next year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You didn’t see the swat last night? 🤔 Gwu will be just fine you gossipers leave him alone he’s a manimal elite in the making, all defensive teams coming up. Look at his 🌲 trunk build down low, he’s the right pick. Same people probably thought Hunter was a bad pick too. Shame on you Gametime and KG and others I’m taking notes 📝. Revisit this next year.

Objectively, you gotta admit he's got a long way to go to become ... something.

• Like 1

Speaking of first round draft picks, Tyrese Haliburton had his first double, double as the Kings won over the Spurs.  They now have won 5 straight and are 7-3 in their last 10.

As you know, the Kings are my favorite west coast team.  They have rebuilt their bench at the trade deadline and all the new players had a great game from the bench.  Fox remains hot!

:smug:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Speaking of first round draft picks, Tyrese Haliburton had his first double, double as the Kings won over the Spurs.  They now have won 5 straight and are 7-3 in their last 10.

As you know, the Kings are my favorite west coast team.  They have rebuilt their bench at the trade deadline and all the new players had a great game from the bench.  Fox remains hot!

:smug:

As if being a Hawks fan isn't painful enough, @Gray Mule is loving the Kings, @Sothron loves the Wolves. Cavs fans here that we don't know about? 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I get that part and I've been mildly impressed with him.   I'm not down on him at all i'm just unclear what kind of player we are expecting him to be.  Strictly a rebounder or what?