• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That narrative is exactly why there's so much backlash against him while he's struggling.  They literally act like he's the second coming of Wilt Chamberlin, Jordan, and Lebron combined.

And before anybody jumps in, nobody's saying he's not a really good player.  Just that the brakes should be pumped on calling him an all-time great, today.

He may get there but, as is the case with every guy in year 3, a lotta work has to be done first.

Speaking of work, JJ Barea's comments about his work ethic were interesting.  Not an indictment, just another indication that he's good but still a work in progress.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That narrative is exactly why there's so much backlash against him while he's struggling.  They literally act like he's the second coming of Wilt Chamberlin, Jordan, and Lebron combined.

These players need time.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And before anybody jumps in, nobody's saying he's not a really good player.  Just that the brakes should be pumped on calling him an all-time great, today.

He may get there but, as is the case with every guy in year 3, a lotta work has to be done first.

Speaking of work, JJ Barea's comments about his work ethic were interesting.  Not an indictment, just another indication that he's good but still a work in progress.

I've been reading a lot of 'He needs better teammates' ...didn't we say the same about Trae  and no one cared, all we heard was 'empty stats'.

Dallas didn't continue building, instead they were focused on clearing capspace for next season for a run at Giannis. They should be better when Zinger returns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These players need time.

I've been reading a lot of 'He needs better teammates' ...didn't we say the same about Trae  and no one cared, all we heard was 'empty stats'.

Dallas didn't continue building, instead they were focused on clearing capspace for next season for a run at Giannis. They should be better when Zinger returns.

They struck out on Giannis, if Zinger cant get healthy they may as well tank. 

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These players need time.

Them, TOR, MIA, NOP, and probably a few others all got caught with their pants down a bit when Giannis re-signed.

Eta. And how would it work with them two non-shooters anyways.

Also, bleachk, when has Porzingo ever been healthy?

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

I commented on one of Lukas YT vids that was breaking down why he is struggling and out of shape,

One thing you dont have to worry about with Trae, is being out of shape. Not only does he have crazy work ethic, but he can't gain a pound to save his life. Dont show me any more offseason photos of him being jacked, his arms still have zero definition on gameday. And thats fine. He is small, quick, and can score anywhere he wants. I dont need him to gain a ton of weight.

I'd much rather have a small Trae than guys like Luka and Zion that will have to monitor everything they do for their entire careers just to keep them semi in shape.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No Rondo again? I thought it was the back to back why he didn't play last night.

This Rondo thing is getting lame fast. We need a backup PG with Dunn out. Why can't he put in the work now and once we get Dunn, start giving Rondo all the rest he wants. We need him to play right now.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This Rondo thing is getting lame fast. We need a backup PG with Dunn out. Why can't he put in the work now and once we get Dunn, start giving Rondo all the rest he wants. We need him to play right now.

I think the opposite, we need Rondo towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. Also remember, Rondo was playing in the finals, so I don't see the need to force the issue with him.

This gives LP a chance to develop Goodwin at PG and give ball handling responsibilities to Huerter and Bogi on the 2nd unit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the opposite, we need Rondo towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. Also remember, Rondo was playing in the finals, so I don't see the need to force the issue with him.

This gives LP a chance to develop Goodwin at PG and give ball handling responsibilities to Huerter and Bogi on the 2nd unit.

Because we are winning yes. But, if we start struggling, specifically the second unit, you have to realize, there is no "playoff run" if you dont get there first. We are a young team trying to figure out our full potential, not a veteran squad preparing to make a deep finals run.

If that happens year one of this new squad, great. But not likely. Sit him on back to backs, yes. Sit him for two (or more) games after he only logged 15 minutes, is healthy, and we are missing bodies? I can do without.

There is a nuance here. He can get rest and be load managed, without missing extended games for the most arbitrary reasons.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Because we are winning yes. But, if we start struggling, specifically the second unit, you have to realize, there is no "playoff run" if you dont get there first. We are a young team trying to figure out our full potential, not a veteran squad preparing to make a deep finals run.

If that happens year one of this new squad, great. But not likely. Sit him on back to backs, yes. Sit him for two (or more) games after he only logged 15 minutes, is healthy, and we are missing bodies? I can do without.

There is a nuance here. He can get rest and be load managed, without missing extended games for the most arbitrary reasons.

I think it's more important to get your young team prepared now for the playoffs and figure out their full potential. We know what Rondo brings.

I'd prefer they take their lumps early and learn in the 1st half of the season than later in the season.

I'm not sure how a sore knee is arbitrary, but ok. There is a difference between load managing for rest and resting because he's nicked up, that's not healthy. Maybe they are being overly cautious, but he's 35 and played in the finals.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's more important to get your young team prepared now for the playoffs and figure out their full potential. We know what Rondo brings.

I'd prefer they take their lumps early and learn in the 1st half of the season than later in the season.

I'm not sure how a sore knee is arbitrary, but ok. There is a difference between load managing for rest and resting because he's nicked up, that's not healthy. Maybe they are being overly cautious, but he's 35 and played in the finals.

Its arbitrary because if we are planning sit guys who arent 100% healthy, then you can't expect to have many guys available.

Im not saying be Tom Thibideau, but whats the harm in having him listed as available, even if he doesnt play much or at all, versus having him out and leaving yourself shorthanded in the event that Trae or someone else gets nicked up during a game?

Wouldnt that suck worse? To have guys who "could go" but arent even suited up and we drop games due to things you cant plan for. 

Not to mention, no Rondo means more minutes over the long haul for Trae. Whose body would you prefer to be fresher come playoff time?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Its arbitrary because if we are planning sit guys who arent 100% healthy, then you can't expect to have many guys available.

Im not saying be Tom Thibideau, but whats the harm in having him listed as available, even if he doesnt play much or at all, versus having him out and leaving yourself shorthanded in the event that Trae or someone else gets nicked up during a game?

Wouldnt that suck worse? To have guys who "could go" but arent even suited up and we drop games due to things you cant plan for. 

Not to mention, no Rondo means more minutes over the long haul for Trae. Whose body would you prefer to be fresher come playoff time?

Why list him as available when he's not cleared to go by the training staff? Why are you so sure he could go? What am I missing?

• Like 1