• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

An injury note.... Ja Morant just hopped off the Barclays Center floor in considerable pain. Reminiscent of Lou Williams with the Hawks although I hope that injury isn't as bad.

~lw3

Ankle injury for Ja, but nor a fracture.

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear he's likely to be fine.  Him getting nicked up was inevitable based on how he plays.

Ironically, him not getting Knicked-up was also inevitable based on how he plays.

Get it?  'Cause the Knicks don't sign any high level guys ... 'cause, Knicks amirite.

Ok, I'll just stand over here .....

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

By Chance was this contact with Grayson Allen?

Nah, that was in Charlotte yesterday. Bismack Biyombo, whose Plaster-of-Paris elbows almost took out Jeff Green, too, was the culprit whose legs got tangled with Spencer on a drive.

~lw3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, did TNT just insta-flex to the 6ers game because MIA was getting whipped too bad?

Also, the Zards SUCK!  

And the Pels are getting rocked by the Suns.

This is who they wanted to showcase instead of the Hawks? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

And the Pels are getting rocked by the Suns.

This is who they wanted to showcase instead of the Hawks? 

Ah, the PeliCan'ts.   Gotta love the marketing geniuses still tryna milk the Zion cow - there's a fat joke there but I don't go for the low-hanging fruit.

And we may not keep up the 1-seed pace but folks gotta answer for projecting the Zards to finish ahead of us.

Like what about that horrid roster led people to believe they were gonna come together and win on some high level?

Other than Beal, they're pretty much all either trash or unproven.  Bertans is already a terrible signing.  Dude sat out games last season to avoid getting hurt ahead of his payday.  Got paid and came into this season outta shape?  Yikes.

And when do we pin the chucking, numbers-chaser role on Beal.  He's central to all their issues at this point.  Can't blame Wall, he gone.  Can't blame Westbrook, he just got there and these problems were already evident.  Maybe Beal hasn't asked out because he's ok putting up more stats than wins?

Anyone remember the rookie Haliburton?  He plays for the first place, western division, Kings.  He played the entire 4th quarter last night, leading the Kings over the Nuggets.

Since the draft, the Kings are my favorite team in the west.  As long as they aren't playing the Hawks, I want them to win.

GO FIRST PLACE HAWKS AND KINGS !!

:smug:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Anyone remember the rookie Haliburton?  He plays for the first place, western division, Kings.  He played the entire 4th quarter last night, leading the Kings over the Nuggets.

Since the draft, the Kings are my favorite team in the west.  As long as they aren't playing the Hawks, I want them to win.

Yeah, he's been balling..Dont know where he'd get min on the Hawks roster though..He'd definitely take Goodwins spot.Which would allow us to "load manage" Rondo...... Hopefully Big O makes you forget about him..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ah, the PeliCan'ts.   Gotta love the marketing geniuses still tryna milk the Zion cow - there's a fat joke there but I don't go for the low-hanging fruit.

And we may not keep up the 1-seed pace but folks gotta answer for projecting the Zards to finish ahead of us.

Like what about that horrid roster led people to believe they were gonna come together and win on some high level?

Other than Beal, they're pretty much all either trash or unproven.  Bertans is already a terrible signing.  Dude sat out games last season to avoid getting hurt ahead of his payday.  Got paid and came into this season outta shape?  Yikes.

And when do we pin the chucking, numbers-chaser role on Beal.  He's central to all their issues at this point.  Can't blame Wall, he gone.  Can't blame Westbrook, he just got there and these problems were already evident.  Maybe Beal hasn't asked out because he's ok putting up more stats than wins?

You generally dont have the most positive takes on other teams. Lets talk about some early success stories. The Cavs are 3-1, despite widely considered to have absolutely no chance to be competitive this year. Their back court of Garland and Sexton is coming into their own. Orlando is quietly 4-0. They have always had a solid front court, but are finally getting some good guard play, and from Markelle Fultz no less. Great job reviving his career. Kings were pretty much ignored by the media, but they are 3-1. What a steal they got in Halliburton. Can shoot from deep, brilliant interior passer, preternatural feel for the game that just cant be taught. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

That's what happens when you draft based on BBIQ, skill and feel for the game. As opposed to a lot of teams, that would rather roll the dice on athletic freaks.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's what happens when you draft based on BBIQ, skill and feel for the game. As opposed to a lot of teams, that would rather roll the dice on athletic freaks.

The athletic freak in Minnesota is doing pretty darn good. Talent is talent.  The combination of athleticism and BBIQ is what you want.  That's how you get your LBJ's.  There's prime examples of both succeeding so not sure why you are trying to knock teams who draft uber athletic talents.  

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The athletic freak in Minnesota is doing pretty darn good. Talent is talent.  The combination of athleticism and BBIQ is what you want.  That's how you get your LBJ's.  There's prime examples of both succeeding so not sure why you are trying to knock teams who draft uber athletic talents.  

Edwards was taken #1 overall, I would hope so.

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Edwards was taken #1 overall, I would hope so.

So who are you talking about? Toppin? lol. No other "athletic freaks" taken before Hali...And I wouldnt even call Obi an athletic freak..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, terrell said:

So who are you talking about? Toppin? lol. No other "athletic freaks" taken before Hali...And I wouldn't even call Obi an athletic freak..

Does it have to be a certain player?  Or, could he be referring to any player who fits this description?

:search:

• Like 1