• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

14 hours ago, terrell said:

So who are you talking about? Toppin? lol. No other "athletic freaks" taken before Hali...And I wouldnt even call Obi an athletic freak..

Why are you doggin Toppin for? He had a pretty damn efficent preseason. This Toppin disses are beyond lame. He's hurt right now, like Okongwu who we took and none of us are attacking Big O.

20 hours ago, bleachkit said:

That's what happens when you draft based on BBIQ, skill and feel for the game. As opposed to a lot of teams, that would rather roll the dice on athletic freaks.

Had we drafted Haliburton, I'm sure we wouldn't have signed Bogi.  Haliburton was a great pick for the Kings.  I think I'd rather have Haliburton than Bogdanovich.  Haliburton is just a really good all-rounder.  Not a knock on Bogi, he's a smooth player who can be a dangerous scorer in our offense, without needing the ball.

It's hard to judge what we did until we see Okongwu though.  If he's a springy Adebayo type that does the dirty work for this team, sets great screens, cleans up the boards, and protects the rim, we may be pretty pleased.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, txsting said:

Had we drafted Haliburton, I'm sure we wouldn't have signed Bogi.  Haliburton was a great pick for the Kings.  I think I'd rather have Haliburton than Bogdanovich.  Haliburton is just a really good all-rounder.  Not a knock on Bogi, he's a smooth player who can be a dangerous scorer in our offense, without needing the ball.

It's hard to judge what we did until we see Okongwu though.  If he's a springy Adebayo type that does the dirty work for this team, sets great screens, cleans up the boards, and protects the rim, we may be pretty pleased.  

Bogi has an all around game too. He just hasn't showed it for the Hawks yet.  We are still learning how to play together. 

Hali has looked great though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Why are you doggin Toppin for? He had a pretty damn efficent preseason. This Toppin disses are beyond lame. He's hurt right now, like Okongwu who we took and none of us are attacking Big O.

I wasnt doggin Toppin..Calm down..lol. Just trying to figure out who hes talking about..

Edited by terrell

I don't wish ill toward any opposing players or teams.  It is interesting to note that Washington is apparently not going to be as serious a threat to the Hawks playoff aspirations as was immediately claimed in the media once Westbrook was traded there. 
And now with T.J. Warren out for a significant amount of time at Indiana, we have another "sure thing" playoff team in trouble ahead of us.  
Sixth seed seems more and more possible, especially with our play in the first four games.  
Yes ... as always ... it's early, etc.  Still, some encouraging opportunities are falling our way.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I don't wish ill toward any opposing players or teams.  It is interesting to note that Washington is apparently not going to be as serious a threat to the Hawks playoff aspirations as was immediately claimed in the media once Westbrook was traded there. 
And now with T.J. Warren out for a significant amount of time at Indiana, we have another "sure thing" playoff team in trouble ahead of us.  
Sixth seed seems more and more possible, especially with our play in the first four games.  
Yes ... as always ... it's early, etc.  Still, some encouraging opportunities are falling our way.

Yeah if we can stay healthy which it seems like we cant..Doesn't do any good to have a lot of depth if most of it is on the injury report..

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Turner, Sabonis, Brogdon, Olidipo, Holiday, Indy is pretty deep. I dont expect much of a drop off.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

When I watch live, I only see bits and pieces of plays and defensive assignments, mostly individual matchups. These breakdowns are a game changer.

The defensive breakdowns were a matter of split second decisions. Guys not knowing whether to fully commit to help, aggressively switch, etc... Most of it is feel and timing. Only a handful were just plain old mistakes like the Harris backdoor on Solo, as well as Trae getting caught ball watching before Harris gets open behind a screen. 

I truly think that the defense wont gel until the guys really can learn each other and trust each other. The extra millisecond of thinking, figuring out what your teammate is doing and how to play off of him, is what allowed for a ton of shots that were open but contested. Those will start to go away over time due to chemistry and familiarity. 

Great stuff.

Experience matters so much in this case. 

• Like 2

Reggie Bullock (0-9) and RJ Barrett (0-8) went a combined 0-17 from 3-point range tonight. They are the 1st pair of teammates in NBA history to each go 0-8 or worse from 3-point range in a game..

Yikes...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

Reggie Bullock (0-9) and RJ Barrett (0-8) went a combined 0-17 from 3-point range tonight. They are the 1st pair of teammates in NBA history to each go 0-8 or worse from 3-point range in a game..

Yikes...

Julius Randle has been excellent this year though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, terrell said:

Yeah if we can stay healthy which it seems like we cant..Doesn't do any good to have a lot of depth if most of it is on the injury report..

Although that's kind of why it's so important to have a lot of depth. We're absorbing missed players so much better than we ever could've last year.

Last year, Collins gets a 25 game suspension, and our season tanked. This year we have multiple minutes lost by key contributors and we're still rolling along.

But I hear you. Fingers crossed we're able to manage and treat players well early so we can get a full squad in place for the second half of the year and playoffs. Come on Emory...work your magic. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, txsting said:

I think it would have been more likely we don't sign Rondo AND/OR Dunn if we drafted Hali.

It was the Bucks snafu which allowed us to jump into the Bogi Deal, he kind of fell into our laps.

Gallo, Dunn, Rondo, Bogi, Hill was the order of our FA deals.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That DAL take was written before the season started.  They can't convince me otherwise.

That narrative is exactly why there's so much backlash against him while he's struggling.  They literally act like he's the second coming of Wilt Chamberlin, Jordan, and Lebron combined.

• Like 1