• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This sounds like New Year's gatherings has caused the spread. 

This is why only the 1st half schedule was made, so that postponed games can be made up etc. I do agree that roster expansion should be available.

Hawks are number 12 in defensive rating

As long as they start Cam, Hunter, Collins and Capela, they will be in the 15 to 19 range in defensive rating. If we can get some type of organized offense going, beyond jacking up 3’s, we will be fine.

The defense has improved

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just vaccinate the players. On the one hand, the NBA says they don't want to "jump the line," because players are young and healthy. But on the other hand, they feel to need to have more safe guards and protocols than a surgical operating room. Its nonsensical. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just vaccinate the players. On the one hand, the NBA says they don't want to "jump the line," because players are young and healthy. But on the other hand, they feel to need to have more safe guards and protocols than a surgical operating room. Its nonsensical. 

They would still need to take these precautions with a vaccine and why should they? Because the NBA makes a lot of money for a small bunch of people? BS. Also, why the hell were they allowed to have "guests" in their hotel rooms to begin with?? How does that make any sense. Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Dakin said:

They would still need to take these precautions with a vaccine and why should they? Because the NBA makes a lot of money for a small bunch of people? BS. Also, why the hell were they allowed to have "guests" in their hotel rooms to begin with?? How does that make any sense. Ridiculous. 

Smiths fan? I love Johnny Marr's guitar playing....but I'm sorry, I will never understand why sports leagues, which are comprised of young , healthy people, needs such extreme precautions and safeguards, that go above and beyond seemingly every other business. My guess is optics and law suit prevention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Smiths fan? I love Johnny Marr's guitar playing....but I'm sorry, I will never understand why sports leagues, which are comprised of young , healthy people, needs such extreme precautions and safeguards, that go above and beyond seemingly every other business. My guess is optics and law suit prevention. 

Yeah, probably my  3rd or 4th favorite all-time band. Mainly because of that guitar. Must've been on a Smiths binge whenever I decided to use that as my pic however long ago.  

If someone on the team gets infected you pretty much have to shut the whole thing down. Also, yeah optics. The NBA can't be the one part of society that decides that they just don't care about the global pandemic that's killing thousands and thousands of people and that has disrupted everyone else's life. 

4 minutes ago, Dakin said:

Yeah, probably my  3rd or 4th favorite all-time band. Mainly because of that guitar. Must've been on a Smiths binge whenever I decided to use that as my pic however long ago.  

If someone on the team gets infected you pretty much have to shut the whole thing down. Also, yeah optics. The NBA can't be the one part of society that decides that they just don't care about the global pandemic that's killing thousands and thousands of people and that has disrupted everyone else's life. 

I know this sounds controversial, but the NBA should use a test with a higher threshold so the liklihood of a positive is lower. That's what some college football programs did. Using extremely sensitive tests that can detect infinitesimally low viral loads, levels that are highly unlikely to become symptomatic, is not necessary. Virus are not either you have it or dont, viruses are more like a poison, in that the amount is everything. 

Hawks game tonight postponed.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Dallas visit the Hornets nest and are a four point favorite.  Really!  

I may be all wrong.  I have been once or three times before.  But, the Hornets are not going to be an easy game for the Dallas lads,  Should be interesting.  Hornets to cover and win!

I'm gonna keep one eye on this team.  

👨‍🌾

• Like 1