• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

On First Take  yesterday they literally spent the entire segment talking about why the Knicks were losing and not one second, literally, not one second on why the Hawks were WINNING. The bias is not just blatant but completely one sided.

Oh ya, BSPN stinks. They seriously seem to be boycotting speaking about us it’s crazy. Ahhh whatever.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

On First Take  yesterday they literally spent the entire segment talking about why the Knicks were losing and not one second, literally, not one second on why the Hawks were WINNING. The bias is not just blatant but completely one sided.

Yeah I saw that segment.  My takeaway is, if we make the ECF, they got no choice but to talk about us.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Never been on our side. Nobody really has but this f&cker in particular.

F KENNY!

Anyone remember the infamous interview he had with Billy Knight?  He basically said BK was interviewing him to be the Hawks' GM (yes, the Hawks' GM).  He spent like 8 hours with Knight, didn't get the job, and was totally confused about what TF was going on.  He's been an Atl hater ever since.

He was like, "Are you interviewing me ... to be your replacement?"

Haha, sucker.  Probably thought he had the job.

Am I the only one that remembers that?

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I saw that segment.  My takeaway is, if we make the ECF, they got no choice but to talk about us.

Anyone remember the infamous interview he had with Billy Knight?  He basically said BK was interviewing him to be the Hawks' GM (yes, the Hawks' GM).  He spent like 8 hours with Knight, didn't get the job, and was totally confused about what TF was going on.  He's been an Atl hater ever since.

No I remember. Was it only once or twice but his name has come up with us in not only coaching but GM positions. F that I’m glad it never happened. Even during the segment they had on the TNT foursome and covered Kenny’s career he didn’t mention hi pit stop in 90 with us, what the hell. I don’t remember how long he was in a Hawks uni but I remember being excited to get him, then he played possum and went to the Rockets 🚀 and regained his magic ...aka Hakeem got quadruple teamed and he still remembered how to shoot. Lol. 

Shaq is the only analyst left that I kinda listen to...Ernie is the guy though, the rest can be replaced.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:laugh1::laugh1:....my recall on this one is fuzzy.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1:....my recall on this one is fuzzy.

It was before he hired Woodson.  I think the confusion was that Knight was looking for a coach but Smith thought he was interviewing for a front office job.

The way Smith described it, based on my memory so take it with a grain of salt, he thought Knight just wanted to hang out with him for a day. 😄

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 5/31/2021 at 3:30 PM, RandomFan said:

👀

Posted the picture for people like me whose tweets don't fully load on this site. 

Oh these PacMan Jerseys make me happy!  Wish they were our regular while and red unis.

21 hours ago, marco102 said:

Wow!

What a moron

• Moderators
17 hours ago, kg01 said:

It was before he hired Woodson.  I think the confusion was that Knight was looking for a coach but Smith thought he was interviewing for a front office job.

The way Smith described it, based on my memory so take it with a grain of salt, he thought Knight just wanted to hang out with him for a day. 😄

Is there a link or something recounting this?  I'm now very interested in the details on this.  Didn't remember it at all.

18 hours ago, kg01 said:

I have never found his insights or analysis to be very impressive.

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Never been on our side. Nobody really has but this f&cker in particular.

F KENNY!

Haven't liked him much since UNC. He and Cassell did have that crazy good stretch with the Rockets which was fun but the things he says on air is just so irritating and consistently so. Plus he truly sees himself as an NBA head coach....give that up guy. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is there a link or something recounting this?  I'm now very interested in the details on this.  Didn't remember it at all.

I think it was on old radio interview but I can't find anything on it. 

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol this is the Media trying to soften the blow that Angela might get fired...lol

Compare what Travis had to work with and Ainge's "treasure trove" of draft picks. Schlenk has done an amazing job and should be executive of the year.

Gon' take his ball and go home, I guess.

Guy looked around and realized there aren't any former-Selltic cronies GM'ing other teams who can gift him what he needs to improve.

Seriously, why has no one ever looked into how McHale traded Garnett to BOS even though it probably wasn't the best deal MIN could've gotten?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol this is the media trying to soften the blow that Ainge might get fired...lol

Compare what Travis had to work with and Ainge's "treasure trove" of draft picks. Schlenk has done an amazing job and should be executive of the year.

Honestly, that is kind of shocking to me.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Honestly, that is kind of shocking to me.  

Does he have many avenues to improve the roster? I'm not sure of their salary cap situation. He may just be getting out while the getting is good.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2