• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Does he have many avenues to improve the roster? I'm not sure of their salary cap situation. He may just be getting our while the getting is good.

Exactly.   He knows they are hitting the skids.  Teams don't want to deal with them.  Stars don't care to go there.   Tatum / Brown is the new Wall / Beal.   Nola won't give him Zion for Smart.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Wow! 

I think Pop is the only guy who has handled the dual role well. Bud was trash and so was Doc. Maybe his college experience helps him here. It would be smart to actually hire a competent GM running alongside him.

• Like 1

C's are in good shape. Tatum, Brown, and some other young players. Walker's contract is bad, but only two years left. On ESPN they went live to Steven A Smith's reaction to the news of Danny Ainge stepping down, and he turned it into a long soliloquy on race. Um, ok. 

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

C's are in good shape. Tatum, Brown, and some other young players. Walker's contract is bad, but only two years left. On ESPN they went live to Steven A Smith's reaction to the news of Danny Ainge stepping down, and he turned it into a long soliloquy on race. Um, ok. 

Explain how they are in good shape with two years of that bad contract and Brown under control for one more year after that I believe.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kwame Brown is gonna tear him apart.

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Explain how they are in good shape with two years of that bad contract and Brown under control for one more year after that I believe.

Brown is locked up through 23/24, Tatum through 25/26. They had a down year and went .500, it happens. Philly was down last year too. C's are in good shape, it's not a total rebuild or anything like that. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Brown is locked up through 23/24, Tatum through 25/26. They had a down year and went .500, it happens. Philly was down last year too. C's are in good shape, it's not a total rebuild or anything like that. 

Yeah, but I'm saying how can they improve the team in the immediate future.  The team is what is for the next few years.  When the salary cap clears up Brown is a free agent.  I mean I think they will be a solid team, but not contenders unless they get Tatum and Brown more help. Kembas knees are worrisome.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but I'm saying how can they improve the team in the immediate future.  The team is what is for the next few years.  When the salary cap clears up Brown is a free agent.  I mean I think they will be a solid team, but not contenders unless they get Tatum and Brown more help. Kembas knees are worrisome.

There are always ways. Look at what Philly did, they made some minor tweaks around Embiid and Simmons and become #1 seed in the East. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Oh man Stevens taking over for Ainge.  Yeah i don't see that working.

See this is what happens when you're scared to fire a guy.

What in Stevens' history illustrates he's capable of running basketball ops?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Bucks vs. Nets will be a War!!

While everybody has usher the Nets to the NBA Finals.... I think there was a miscalculation somewhere.   That miscalculation is that they set up their path to cross the Milwaukee Bucks.   Looking at the matchup... I don't know if this is what the Nets want.   Don't get me wrong, the Nets have been adding a lot of big name pieces to their roster but this Bucks team is Blue Collar and they have talent.   What will happen in the media if it ends up:

Bucks vs. Hawks....   Suns vs. Nuggets  as your final four??

Would ABC/ESPN/TNT just stop their coverage.   

What would be the response to a 

Hawks vs. Suns finals?

Surely, every advertiser would pull out. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I can see why Brad would prefer being GM over head coach. Coaching is a grind. As GM you can hire people to do a lot of the grunt work. 

And you can hire people under you to take the fall if you screw up.  Or, if you screw up royally and everyone knows it, you can "retire" and appoint your replacement to make it seem like it was just a "transition". 😉

And, on CLP being a candidate, I'm no Pierce basher but I fail to see how the way things played out in Atlanta makes him more appealing for other jobs.

LP is extremely personable and is an excellent communicator.  I'm guessing he interviews very well.  Explaining last year's lack of success won't be a problem either due to roster limitations, but he's going to have to figure out a way to explain this season.  The fact that Nate took the same team he coached to 12-19 and went 29-12 is a real negative, imo. 

• Like 3