• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It died. Heck, he was just available recently for HOU in a Harden deal. 

Please address me as I was the person to mentioned it. 

They didn't give up all those draft picks just to trade him. PG was always going to be there long term. I don't buy any those rumors one bit.

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They didn't give up all those draft picks just to trade him. PG was always going to be there long term. I don't buy any those rumors one bit.

Have you been following the NBA lately? Ultimately, they were trying to be viable for when another superstar is available to add to CP3/Kawhi while using Demar/the top overall rookie they picked. It wasn't a bad plan but like everything. You need suitors and those willing to give you everything you want. That's hard to do with multiple teams involved. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Have you been following the NBA lately? Ultimately, they were trying to be viable for when another superstar is available to add to CP3/Kawhi while using Demar/the top overall rookie they picked. It wasn't a bad plan but like everything. You need suitors and those willing to give you everything you want. That's hard to do with multiple teams involved. 

Sure thing man 👍. Looks like my prediction that PG wasn't coming to Atlanta, and wasn't going to be traded period, was the correct one.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If you literally go against every trade rumor out there, you will be 95% right or higher and you would make Woj and Shams look like fools but no one knows you and everyone knows them. 

But I think thats the point too.

Getting hype about inside info that is only 5% likely to happen is not for everyone.

Some people like to know about conversations and trades that may never see the light of day, others may see it as a waste of time and energy.

The same logic applies to sports fandom in general. Especially if you're  in Atlanta.

I could say that 95% of the time if I bet against us winning it all, I would be rich. Or if I bet against the field versus say Lebron and 2 other top contenders, I'd likely be right.

So, why even spend the time and energy watching games in the first place when we all know the inevitable outcome?.

We all know other people who whenever we start talking about the Hawks or Falcons, cut us off with "So what, they still wont win it all this year." And the truth is, they are probably right. And that's why they dont watch or get excited.

In the end, most of us on here and other fans take interest in the entertainment of the sport and pride of our team. That brings us joy, even in defeat. Same with the rumors. Its good to know about the thought process and direction of the front office, even it it comes up empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

But I think thats the point too.

Getting hype about inside info that is only 5% likely to happen is not for everyone.

Some people like to know about conversations and trades that may never see the light of day, others may see it as a waste of time and energy.

The same logic applies to sports fandom in general. Especially if you're  in Atlanta.

I could say that 95% of the time if I bet against us winning it all, I would be rich. Or if I bet against the field versus say Lebron and 2 other top contenders, I'd likely be right.

So, why even spend the time and energy watching games in the first place when we all know the inevitable outcome?.

We all know other people who whenever we start talking about the Hawks or Falcons, cut us off with "So what, they still wont win it all this year." And the truth is, they are probably right. And that's why they dont watch or get excited.

In the end, most of us on here and other fans take interest in the entertainment of the sport and pride of our team. That brings us joy, even in defeat. Same with the rumors. Its good to know about the thought process and direction of the front office, even it it comes up empty.

It's not exactly apples to apples. There's joy in watching and rooting for your team, even if they aren't championship bound. Maybe some find joy in discussing empty trade rumors, most of it seems like worthless fluff and misdirection to me. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. Id rather reach for the New York Times than the Enquirer myself.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 12/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, bleachkit said:

Just leaving this here:

The Los Angeles Clippers are believed to have done "their due diligence in seeing what they could get on the market for [Paul] George before deciding that the extension was the best option," a front office source tells The Ringer.

Wether or not he was eventually traded or not (to the Hawks or otherwise) is irrelevant, he was made available at some point.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, NBASupes said:

Truth^.

• Thanks 2

On 12/3/2020 at 10:08 AM, NBASupes said:

There is a reason I why I am sky high on Wall. I know what his game looks like. I've been to over 200 of his games. I know his quickness, I know his first step, I know his game. John looks like the old John. You can't fake that quickness and that speed. He would either have it, or he won't. You also can't fake that improved shooting stroke. The footwork on it. He's made major improvements on his game. I honestly think James knew what John is and jump ahead of this before they pulled John off the market because he's way too good for a Westbrook trade. 

:Nique:

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Big huge news on Giannis.   If he's not coming to the Hawks i'm glad he's staying put.

Maybe i'm just ignorant but if PG has no trade value then why the hell are you giving him the max?

He probably has some trade value, but after giving up a decade of draft picks to get him, doubling down on PG was the only direction they were going to go.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:52 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I see now why the Hawks didn't hold there capspace  for 2021.  @NBASupes was right when he said the Hawks were gonna be all in this FA class  That 2021/22 FA class is dwindling.

Another one bites the dust.

2021 looking like 2020 right now. If Leonard opts out it will only be to resign back in LA with the Lakers.

Paul isnt opting out. The rest of the names are like, ehh, just names.

• Like 2