• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Talk About Magic / Hawks Opener

hawkzlova123

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I made it clear that I didn't like the signing before the Kings decided not to match.  You might want to revisit that thread.

So you agree, if Bogi turns out a pretty good season.  Let's say 15pts 4 assists and 4 rebounds on 44%+  and 38%+ from three that you'll admit you were wrong about the signing?  

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

So you agree, if Bogi turns out a pretty good season.  Let's say 15pts 4 assists and 4 rebounds on 44%+  and 38%+ from three that you'll admit you were wrong about the signing?  

If its on poor efficiency no.  The guy takes a lot of bad shots.  We have too many of those guys on this team already

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If its on poor efficiency no.  The guy takes a lot of bad shots.  We have too many of those guys on this team already

44%+ and 38%+ is really good efficiency.  So you're agreeing that you will post a thread saying I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE BOGI SIGNING? If you're right, I'll be happy to post a thread saying you were right, Bogi was a terrible addition. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Yeah but if his signing result in John being sacrificed then it truly would be a dumb signing.

How did you get to this conclusion? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

44%+ and 38%+ is really good efficiency.  So you're agreeing that you will post a thread saying I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE BOGI SIGNING? If you're right, I'll be happy to post a thread saying you were right, Bogi was a terrible addition. 

Its not either extreme.  I just don't think it was a necessary signing because he isn't a starter.  I'd rather play Cam at the 2 and Hunter at the 3

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not either extreme.  I just don't think it was a necessary signing because he isn't a starter.  I'd rather play Cam at the 2 and Hunter at the 3

Saying we shouldn't have signed him is an extreme. If you don't want to sign good players, there's a problem.  You original said he's just like Huerter, which they are similar however Bogi's much more agreessive and much craftier than Kevin going to the rim, and a much better mid range game.  

I don't understand the problem with having depth.  Who starts really doesn't matter. Look at minutes distribution. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I made it clear that I didn't like the signing before the Kings decided not to match.  You might want to revisit that thread.

Cool. I really dont care what you like or dislike tbh.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I don't understand the problem with having depth.  Who starts really doesn't matter. Look at minutes distribution. 

I told you...They are over the cap and John is up for an extension.  If the team is mediocre while over the cap, John will not be resigned.  The bar was already high for John to be resigned.  With the Bogi signing, it will be even higher.

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We looked like a team that hadn't played in 9 months.... and still kept fighting until the end. Not mad at that.

I really wanted to beat the crap out of Orlando though. I really want us to smack around a couple of teams early just to wake up the sports world.

Oh well, I will settle for a gradually adjustment period as everyone gets settled with each other.

Watching the Chicago game and it seems to be the same with them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You asked me a question and I answered it and now you want to get personal?

How was that personal? I really dont care..My expectations were never that Bogi was a star..We needed depth..And now we have it..I couldnt care less about his salary. Most starters make 20 mill +...

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

How was that personal?

If I asked you why are you posting an opinion and you answer me and my response is I don't care how you feel.  That sounds personal to me

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Um do you know how the cap works? Being over the cap doesn't stop the team from signing John.  They won't even be in the luxury tax if they sign john to a max extension.

I didn't say they couldn't do it but there is a possibility that Schlenk won't do it

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If I asked you why are you posting an opinion and you answer me and my response is I don't care how you feel.  That sounds personal to me

I didn't say they couldn't do it but there is a possibility that Schlenk won't do it

So you're complaining about something that has a remote possibility of happening on the first Hawks game in nine months.  Can't we just stay in the moment and be happy that we get to watch the team? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So youre saying you were right about Bogi all along based on 1 pre season game? lol. Thats why I said I dont care..Thats crazy..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1