Preseason Talk About Magic / Hawks Opener

hawkzlova123

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was just noticing that. The teams not in the bubble will be at a disadvantage as far as chemistry.

Its double, new roster or coaching for some as well. Trae, Hunter, Kevin, Cam, Bruno, and Capela showed some rust. Capela less since he's a vet who knows how to play.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not either extreme.  I just don't think it was a necessary signing because he isn't a starter.  I'd rather play Cam at the 2 and Hunter at the 3

Depth is always good...We can always trade Bogi if need be.. Did you listen to Travis' press conference? Geez....

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I said that we might regret the signing

And we might not..You act like we're paying him 35 mill a year like Pandemic P..lol

Edited by terrell

• Admin
17 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

You guys realize if Trae had a mediocre game this would have been a blowout right? Even with Vuc playing his best we would have ran them off the floor. Hell if Rondo or Dunn was available would have been a W.

It doesn’t matter ... it’s preseason ... it’s just getting in game shape, gaining chemistry and working on things ... winning / losing ... who cares

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gHost83 said:

You guys realize if Trae had a mediocre game this would have been a blowout right? Even with Vuc playing his best we would have ran them off the floor. Hell if Rondo or Dunn was available would have been a W.

Their starters destroyed ours.  Vucevic was +25.

Having said that, there's no need to worry about anything right now.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah but if his signing result in John being sacrificed then it truly would be a dumb signing.

Bogi signing has no bearing whatsoever on the Collins signing.  If Collins does not budge on his demand for max money Schlenk would probably move on with or without Bogi... unless Collins completely explodes this season in which case we probably will extend him even with Bogi on the team. 

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

I agree with this. Bogi is a good wing, but I prefer Cam and Hunter on the wings defensively with Trae. 

I think in the near future (a season or 2) Don't sleep on Bogi though I think once he gets comfortable he's gonna be another fan fav. Bogi and Gallo will take a few games before we really see what they bring to the table but I agree it will/should ultimately be Cam and Dre when they're ready.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I told you...They are over the cap and John is up for an extension.  If the team is mediocre while over the cap, John will not be resigned.  The bar was already high for John to be resigned.  With the Bogi signing, it will be even higher.

We got bird rights and an owner that loves John and is ready and willing to spend his money with Ressler. I want to keep John like I'm sure the whole organization does and again we have the bird rights. I'm sure Schlenk is just being Shlenk & making sure the numbers are crunched correctly so we can resign all if not most of our core. It's a delicate situation that takes time when taking the future in account. Signing Bogi might've guaranteed we keep John unless we make a trade which would be hard to include John because his current rookie salary wouldn't give us nowhere near the return he's worth since most stars aren't on rookie contracts. Be easy and like some would say trust in Schlenky. Be happy we're deep and not depleted. It's a shortened season but with Covid it's going to be a long season as far as keeping bodies on the floor. Relax and let's atleast give it to late January to see what we really have.

• Like 1