• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Talk About Magic / Hawks Opener

hawkzlova123

Could not see the game, happy Cam and Hunter showed some improvement. Is also positive we should be also good on rebounds. Not much worried about bad games on Young and Bogdanovic, they should be fine on offense. Worried we continue with problems with defense and TO, I think these issues will continue on the season. As I anticipated I think we are going to have problems with backup C.

Overall is only a preseason game, we performed poorly on offense looking at percentages and we showed some improvement on rebounding, but last season’s problems still continue, need to improve on defense and TO. Orlando is not a team that will score 116 PGs on many teams.

Looking at the full highlights of the game Hunter and Bruno looked bad on defense, I counted like 5 3 pointers scored on Hunter with lazy defense and Bruno looked lost. Good moves of Vucevic on Capela too and Fultz looked good on defense and difficult to stop on offense. Orlando might be a tougher team than expected.

Edited by gurpilo

On 12/12/2020 at 7:17 AM, REHawksFan said:

Already there. Just roll the eyes every time [someone impatient] posts. 

On the brightside, i warm my hands over the hottakes like a hobo over a trashcan fire.

He's not alone though.  There's some serious snap judgment goings on.

Mmmmm toasty.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Gallo is really good

Hunter looked great

Heurter looks stronger

Bruno is interesting.   He's very good at the hard stuff and struggles with some of the basics.   Dude is strong as hell though.   I could see him doing damage against second units

Capela i can only say hallelujah!  Finally a guy who can dominate the boards.  

Bruno is still thinking too much, just play.  He can do stuff like this but the easy stuff he needs to clean up.

• Like 4

Thoughts from the game:

Every Hawk dressed out, played.  Game was tied in the final minutes of the game AND the Hawks had their two rookies who are on two way contracts were both in the game.  Wow!  Deep!

Some new Hawks didn't dress out.  #6 draft pick is recovering and didn't play.  Rondo didn't play.

Coaches now have game film to grade and know who and what needs to be addressed in practice.  Hawks have had very little time together and it shows.  Condensed pre season and, with only one game, soon it will end and the season begins.

So much to do and such a short time to do it.  Gotta get better in a hurry. (Missed too many free throws)

:brokenheart:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Thoughts from the game:

Every Hawk dressed out, played.  Game was tied in the final minutes of the game AND the Hawks had their two rookies who are on two way contracts were both in the game.  Wow!  Deep!

Some new Hawks didn't dress out.  #6 draft pick is recovering and didn't play.  Rondo didn't play.

Coaches now have game film to grade and know who and what needs to be addressed in practice.  Hawks have had very little time together and it shows.  Condensed pre season and, with only one game, soon it will end and the season begins.

So much to do and such a short time to do it.  Gotta get better in a hurry. (Missed too many free throws)

:brokenheart:

Also, after rewatching, Trae wasnt even trying that hard tbh. Just feeling his teammates out..lol.. On offense that is. He actually tried on D.

I still think we should stick to Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela btw..No need to rush Bogi into the starting lineup imo..At least Let him come off the bench with Gallo until he gets used to his new teammates..Just my 2 cents..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

I'm s[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[oooooooooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooos[ooooooo exited for this team

• Haha 2

No need to overreact to one game. Bogdanovic should be better this year than Cam and Hunter and should play a good role and carry the load on his shoulders. Is not realistic thinking we can make the playoffs with two sophomores at the wings that struggled badly last year, we need to mix things and I am sure coach knows it. That does not mean they will not have minutes but we need to create an environment where they can succeed. Including Cam and Hunter on a starting lineup with Young, Bogi, Collins and Capela is a good situation where they can produce with not all the pressure on them. A second unit with Rondo, Huerter, Dunn and Gallo is also good company for Hunter or Reddish.