• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Talk About Magic / Hawks Opener

hawkzlova123

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll be honest, all the ajc beat reporters have been competent to me. The only person that needs to be replaced is Dominique Wilkins, who is a terrible color analyst. Worse is hearing Bob Rathbun kiss his butt all game. If you didn't know any better you would think it was a parody.

I legit got depressed at the mere thought he’s zoot-suiting up for another year.  Where’s Danny Ferry when you need him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cwell said:

Cam's got a little Marvin Williams in his game. That bad balance, tall on paper but plays short cuz his core strength lets him down kind of play style.

He should be ok once he gets his grown man strength, but any kind of contact and he is wobbly. Even Trae has better body control despite a much smaller stature. Trae knows how to use his opponents body as a fulcrum to bounce off of. 

Still young, still early. Just making observations.

20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Cam's got a little Marvin Williams in his game. That bad balance, tall on paper but plays short cuz his core strength lets him down kind of play style.

He should be ok once he gets his grown man strength, but any kind of contact and he is wobbly. Even Trae has better body control despite a much smaller stature. Trae knows how to use his opponents body as a fulcrum to bounce off of. 

Still young, still early. Just making observations.

Just a fair warning that you’re treading into shark infested waters with that one 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I'll be honest, all the ajc beat reporters have been competent to me. The only person that needs to be replaced is Dominique Wilkins, who is a terrible color analyst. Worse is hearing Bob Rathbun kiss his butt all game. If you didn't know any better you would think it was a parody.

I feel you on Dominique but Rathbun is world class IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Just a fair warning that you’re treading into shark infested waters with that one 🤣🤣

Oh most definitely, Im waiting for it lol

But it was true his rookie year, and he got a pass, rightfully. Year 2, watching that cut up of his touches, his play strength hasnt improved.

Its one preseason game, so not going to ring the alarm.

I still see him as a future star, but the same cons from his pre draft to now are showing up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

But it was true his rookie year, and he got a pass, rightfully. Year 2, watching that cut up of his touches, his play strength hasnt improved.

I still see him as a future star, but the same cons from his pre draft to now are showing up. 

You're not wrong. I noticed it too, but comparing him to Marvin......yeah in my head I was like "he coulda kept that one" lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cwell said:

You're not wrong. I noticed it too, but comparing him to Marvin......yeah in my head I was like "he coulda kept that one" lol

His body, and overall build is way more balanced and athletic than Marvin, who had the duck butt attached to an otherwise pretty athletic frame. But the utilization of said frame reminded me of ole Marv, it's probably just me.

I WILL SAY, upon a second look. I think it's just conditioning. Cam started out very strong and physical. It wasn't until the 2nd half and later in to the game that he started to play smaller/off balanced. I think he may just need to play himself back in to game shape after the long layoff.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

His body, and overall build is way more balanced and athletic than Marvin, who had the duck butt attached to an otherwise pretty athletic frame. But the utilization of said frame reminded me of ole Marv

I WILL SAY, upon a second look. I think it's just conditioning. Cam started out very strong and physical. It wasn't until the 2nd half and later in to the game that he started to play smaller/off balanced. I think he may just need to play himself back in to game shape after the long layoff.

Cam's issue is just lack of functional strength. Marvin had legit balance and back issues. He could barely dribble full court without falling on his face. He walks hunched over like my grandparents. I remember he had back surgery one offseason and he was standing/walking straight up for a few months and his teammates were like "when did you get so tall". then he slowly went back to hunchback

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Supes is convinced he will be the NBA's next great two way wing. I dont know, I think that's an awfully high bar to reach. 

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Supes is convinced he will be the NBA's next great two way wing. I dont know, I think that's an awfully high bar to reach. 

He has the talent. No doubt.

He just needs to tighten up that handle and get stronger before he can reach his full potential. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cam is simultaneously smooth as hell and kind of a klutz. He's a young guy who is supposedly still growing so it's not surprising he doesn't have the best body control. But the presence of the smoothness bodes well for the future. 

Exactly.

He is a natural at the game. His body is still developing underneath his head

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cam is simultaneously smooth as hell and kind of a klutz. He's a young guy who is supposedly still growing so it's not surprising he doesn't have the best body control. But the presence of the smoothness bodes well for the future. 

He's not still growing. He's 21. 

7 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Totally inappropriate comment.  Your posts are starting to go off the rails a bit.  
I don't post much here, but have been on some version of Hawksquawk for decades.
These kinds of comments don't deserve to be on this site.  

Hey its a compliment, I thought it was obvious.

Look i wanna get along with the few hawks fans we have in this world. If our small community cannot be united then how will we ever unite?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, High5 said:

Elite agility, movement, lateral ability, and speed for his size to the point you think he's 6'3 but he's uncoordinated. As others have said, I think the issue is, he's still growing and it's hard to fix this still growing. I remember Gobert has a similar issue but once he filled out, he was able to fix it. I do think his base is a lot stronger than it was this time last year but he has a ways to go. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4