• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I told you Clint Capela reminds me of Theo Ratliff

HawkItus

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

One star thread. Let's give this man a career in Atlanta before we make shit threads like this. What's next, Kevin misses a game and he's the next Speedy Claxton 

Nah, but that could very well end up being Dunn's comparison if he doesnt suit up soon lol

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

One star thread. Let's give this man a career in Atlanta before we make shit threads like this. What's next, Kevin misses a game and he's the next Speedy Claxton 

This will make him 0/16 in appearances with us due to injury over a nearly one year period.

You're right - and I'm so excited for his career here.  But foot injuries for big guys are no joke.  Heck, I'm 6'5 185 and a very minor foot overuse injury just took me out for 3-4 weeks when I was hoping for just a few days.  I can't even imagine the stress of 6'10 240.  I have a feeling Capela's going to be missing more than just tonight.  I'm worried OO won't be 100% until Feb/March.

A lot of the league looks out of shape.  Certainly not out of shape by the layperson's standard - but out of shape in elite-NBA-athlete standards.  I'm sure the fast ramp up to the season is going to catch up with a good deal of guys over 25 across the NBA.

Maybe Im trippin, I mean I was a young whippersnapper back then, but I remember Theo leading the lead in blocks for us a couple of times right?

I remember on NBA Street when I used the Hawks he was beast at goaltending for me lol

My 3 man lineup was Jason Terry, Reef, and Theo. They held their own for pretty well for me

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Maybe Im trippin, I mean I was a young whippersnapper back then, but I remember Theo leading the lead in blocks for us a couple of times right?

I remember on NBA Street when I used the Hawks he was beast at goaltending for me lol

My 3 man lineup was Jason Terry, Reef, and Theo. They held their own for pretty well for me

When I think of Ratliff I just think of the "Right Now" video they used to play at Philips before the games. His portion was "Right now Theo Ratliff is 6'10" or something (maybe someone knows what I'm talking about). I don't think I ever actually saw him play at one of those games. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

One stat response.  0 similarities for Kevin and Speedy.  Just a really ignorant response.  Theo injured center acquired at the trade primarily because his availability was going to be an issue for the season.  Capella pretty much the same scenario.  Theo took a whole season to get right.  Capela is not fully healed yet.  Both athletic centers who need fully functioning mobility to be useful.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Theo missed a season and a half before suiting up.  He was ok for us, but him missing all that time hindered our development.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Theo missed a season and a half before suiting up.  He was ok for us, but him missing all that time hindered our development.

I had to research because I didn't remember him being injured early for the Hawks...Theo was with the Hawks for 3 seasons. Played 53 games after the trade, 81 games the next season and only 3 games his final season.

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I had to research because I didn't remember him being injured early for the Hawks...Theo was with the Hawks for 3 seasons. Played 53 games after the trade, 81 games the next season and only 3 games his final season.

Not at all

Theo didn't play after the trade, 50 for Philly, none for us. 3 the next year.  81 after that, 53 before trade to Portland.  

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/687/theo-ratliff

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Not at all

Theo didn't play after the trade, 50 for Philly, none for us. 3 the next year.  81 after that, 53 before trade to Portland.  

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/687/theo-ratliff

:laugh1:...I was reading the list backwards.  You sire are correct.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Clark Clint wasn't needed tonight. I honestly believe the Hawks coaching staff was also aware of this. Depth and defense will determine how well the Hawks play this season.