• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member

I mean.......how, why us? AGAIN? I know it's early, it's only preseason.....but we aren't able to build any kind of chemistry.  I just want to see guys in their slotted roles and not playing out of position.  SIGH.

PG: Young (thigh), Wright (ankle)
SG: Bogdan (knee), Huerter (ankle)
SF: Hunter (knee)
PF:
C : Capela (achilles), Dieng (wrist), Okongwo (shoulder)

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mean.......how, why us? AGAIN? I know it's early, it's only preseason.....but we aren't able to build any kind of chemistry.  I just want to see guys in their slotted roles and not playing out of position.  SIGH.

PF:

Half the freaking team injured before the season SMH!!

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

PF:

Of the list Im still only expecting OO to miss significant time.

Young, Bogi, and Kev I expect to play on opening night.

Wright and Dieng I don't know enough about the severity but I think they will also be good to go by the opener, if not very soon after the opener.

Dre and Capela. These are chronic issues they are having.

Capela sounds like he can play right now if he needed to, but that they may be a little conservative since it's "finally" healing properly. His can go both ways. Either way, he's been dealing with this since we got him. It's probably never going away. They may just have to load manage him. 

Dre, this knee thing is worrisome. Who knows how serious this is or if it's just a step of the healing process. Either way, he seems likely to be load managed this season as well unless they decide to shut him down for an extended period of time. Anyone's guess. We can only hope it's mild pain and it goes away with rest.

If I had to give them official designations my prediction would be:

Probable: Trae, Bogi, Kevin

Questionable: Wright, Dieng

Doubtful: Dre, Clint

Out: OO

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Half the freaking team injured before the season SMH!!

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Of the list Im still only expecting OO to miss significant time.

Young, Bogi, and Kev I expect to play on opening night.

Wright and Dieng I don't know enough about the severity but I think they will also be good to go by the opener, if not very soon after the opener.

Dre and Capela. These are chronic issues they are having.

Capela sounds like he can play right now if he needed to, but that they may be a little conservative since it's "finally" healing properly. His can go both ways. Either way, he's been dealing with this since we got him. It's probably never going away. They may just have to load manage him. 

Dre, this knee thing is worrisome. Who knows how serious this is or if it's just a step of the healing process. Either way, he seems likely to be load managed this season as well unless they decide to shut him down for an extended period of time. Anyone's guess. We can only hope it's mild pain and it goes away with rest.

If I had to give them official designations my prediction would be:

Probable: Trae, Bogi, Kevin

Questionable: Wright, Dieng

Doubtful: Dre, Clint

Out: OO

Yeah they said Dre's pain last season was "part of the healing process".. We all know how that turned out..smh. I'm praying its not another one of these situations for Nate..........................

Nate Mcmillan High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

• Sad 1

Sarah Spencer

Some positive Hawks injury news: both Trae Young and De'Andre Hunter were able to participate in practice today, Nate McMillan says. Clint Capela did some live work for the first time today.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like Trae and Dre are back participating.  Hope every one is ready for the start of the season. 

This bodes well. Even if they don't play Clint or Dre in the last preseason game, it shows they are on the right track. I'd guess Dre and Clint are both probable for the opener after hearing this.

Generally I feel good about everyone besides OO at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Sarah Spencer

Some positive Hawks injury news: both Trae Young and De'Andre Hunter were able to participate in practice today, Nate McMillan says. Clint Capela did some live work for the first time today.

You're 10 minutes late bro....🤭

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This bodes well. Even if they don't play Clint or Dre in the last preseason game, it shows they are on the right track. I'd guess Dre and Clint are both probable for the opener after hearing this.

Generally I feel good about everyone besides OO at this point.

Yeah, I hope they build the chemistry in practice. I remember last preseason they looked like hot garbage and then in the season opener came out and cooked Chicago! 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Sharife time!

Yup. I think at guard we are fine waiting on Wright. It's at center where we want those guys back sooner than later, unless we have a plan for Hamilton to step in.

Rife can give us good minutes at backup PG while we wait on DW.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Clint Capela:

........one of the biggest on-court issues has been the play of Clint Capela. Capela was one of the biggest reasons why the Hawks were so successful last season. He almost single-handedly transformed the Hawks’ defense. He has not looked the same this year after dealing with a lingering Achilles issue.

“I’m still treating it every day,” Capela told The Athletic. “I’m trying to manage it as best as I can. I’m trying to get back to where I was last year. I’m getting there. It’s going to take time. It’s still early in the season. It’s going to take more games. The effort is going to have to be better, even if I play less. The effort has to be better. I want to get back to where I want to be with longer minutes and the effort I want to play at.”

Capela has made just 59 percent of his shots at the rim, ranking him in the bottom 25 percent of all big men across the league, per Cleaning The Glass. The explosion that Capela has shown over the years has not been on display on offense, and he hasn’t been anywhere near the dominant defensive player he was last season. That’s part of the reason why the Hawks have been one of the worst defenses in the league so far.

On the Hawks’ early-season struggles, what must change moving forward and the need to ‘grow up’ – The Athletic

• Thanks 2

We need Clint to perform badly. We are a free pass right now on defense.

One thing that is confusing, Im no doctor, but I thought an achilles had to heal with rest. I did not know you can play on it and it get stronger. I thought it was similar to running on a sore ankle. It's just going to stay sore and potentially get worse.

Sounds like the issue is that the achilles isn't in pain, but that it's just weak from having to rehab for so long and is causing him to fatigue when active. That bodes better to me than lingering pain. 

• Like 1