• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t play with your food.

This team isn't food for us even without Giannis.  Look how different game 2 played out than game 4.  I imagine game 5 is going to be like game 1 and 3 -- absolute dog fights.  We need to keep the same intensity we showed Tuesday night

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Never in a million years would the Hawks play a guy just a couple games removed from a brutal hyperextension like that. Wow. 

If they aren't careful, it'll be another KD situation. Obviously hoping that isn't the case, but I don't want him rushed back too quickly for his own good.

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Just hope we get the chance to find out. 

Would be the most Atlanta thing ever for Giannis to come back before Trae. 

Game 7 updates, Woj: Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo is available to play tonight. Hawks guard Trae remains out with a bone bruise (foot). 

There would be an absolute meltdown. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I have a feeling Trae will play tomorrow. His effectiveness might be diminished though. 

I was wondering about this prior to Game 5 so I went back and looked at the 5 times he missed games this year and then his first time back. Here's what I found:

1. 1.26.21; misses 1 game with back spasm (3 days); Trae comes back vs LAC:  38 pts (52.2% / 42.9%) and 5 ast; Hawks win by 9
  2. 2.06.21; misses 1 game with bruised calf (2 days); Trae comes back vs Tor:  28 pts (40% / 50%) and 13 ast; Hawks win by 11
  3. 4.04.21; misses 1 game with "Knee" (2 days); Trae comes back vs GSW: 13 pts (27.3% / 0.0%) and 3 ast; Hawks win by 6
  4. 4.15.21; misses 2 games with calf contusion (5 days); Trae comes back vs Mil: 15 pts (17.6% / 0.0%) and 9 ast: Hawks Lose by 11
  5. 4.30.21: misses 3 games with sprained ankle (8 days); Trae comes back vs Phi: 32 pts (52.6% / 33.3%) and 4 ast: Hawks Lose by 22

Mixed bag. Shooting wise, he had 3 high scoring, highly efficient nights (2 Ws / 1 L) and 2 low scoring bad games (vs Mil he actually went 3-17 from the field) and the Hawks go 1-1 in those games. If he plays tonight, I'm expecting high scoring and a good number of assists, but likely bad efficiency.  We'll see if it's enough to extend the season.  🤞

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I was wondering about this prior to Game 5 so I went back and looked at the 5 times he missed games this year and then his first time back. Here's what I found:

1. 1.26.21; misses 1 game with back spasm (3 days); Trae comes back vs LAC:  38 pts (52.2% / 42.9%) and 5 ast; Hawks win by 9
  2. 2.06.21; misses 1 game with bruised calf (2 days); Trae comes back vs Tor:  28 pts (40% / 50%) and 13 ast; Hawks win by 11
  3. 4.04.21; misses 1 game with "Knee" (2 days); Trae comes back vs GSW: 13 pts (27.3% / 0.0%) and 3 ast; Hawks win by 6
  4. 4.15.21; misses 2 games with calf contusion (5 days); Trae comes back vs Mil: 15 pts (17.6% / 0.0%) and 9 ast: Hawks Lose by 11
  5. 4.30.21: misses 3 games with sprained ankle (8 days); Trae comes back vs Phi: 32 pts (52.6% / 33.3%) and 4 ast: Hawks Lose by 22

Mixed bag. Shooting wise, he had 3 high scoring, highly efficient nights (2 Ws / 1 L) and 2 low scoring bad games (vs Mil he actually went 3-17 from the field) and the Hawks go 1-1 in those games. If he plays tonight, I'm expecting high scoring and a good number of assists, but likely bad efficiency.  We'll see if it's enough to extend the season.  🤞

If this were the regular season, I think Trae would be out for a couple weeks at the minimum. 

• Like 3

Based on what Nate says here and if it’s in line with what the medical staff says that’s it NOT A LONG TERM INJURY. Then Trae is playing tonight. I just can’t see him sitting out. I think he gives it a go. 

"If Trae could play, he would be out there," McMillan said. "It's both medical and Trae giving us feedback as far as him being able to play in the game. It's not anything that's long term. It's just he has had pain that is not comfortable enough for him to go out there and feel that he can help the team."

Hawks guard Bogdan Bogdanovic is listed as probable with right knee soreness, though he has yet to miss a game this postseason with the ongoing issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1