• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Cam's been bad, but I'll hold off on getting rid of him. He came back from a slump last season and he should be able to do it again in theory. Hopefully he takes advantage of the the off time between the the second half of the season and practices his ass off.

He needs to thank Hunter for playing so well that his poor play has been mitigated. He's getting bailed out like Wallstreet.

Just now, aali34 said:

Cam's been bad, but I'll hold off on getting rid of him. He came back from a slump last season and he should be able to do it again in theory. Hopefully he takes advantage of the the off time between the the second half of the season and practices his ass off.

He needs to thank Hunter for playing so well that his poor play has been mitigated. He's getting bailed out like Wallstreet.

It's year 2. He has to get it together, he's killing us on offense. 

• Like 4

LP is the problem. Trea getting trapped and full court press basically all game never made any adjustment. Why not try Rondo running point with Trea at 2, DEFENSE I know, just to break the press a bit. Plus if Cam is playing like a scrub play Snell more who started I think 50 games last year for sorry Detroit but damn I don’t think he’d turn it over as much as Cam is currently. Rotations are trash with LP.

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

It's year 2. He has to get it together, he's killing us on offense. 

Naw, year 2 isn't the you have to be at a clearly high level. I didn't even put that expectation on Hunter coming into this year and he was a lot more polished than Cam is. What I wanted to see Cam do was build on the end of year 1 offensively while improving on defense and being a top tier perimeter defender within the league. I've seen the improvement on defense but offensively, the regression to 1st half Cam has been obvious. I do see him playing with more energy on offense and making more plays off the ball than last year but when it comes to the most critical things that hurt him last year early on which is his shot and half court handles, we seen a regression back to that player which is very disappointing. 

I am just as disappointed as anyone here but I am not interested in trading someone like Reddish unless the price is right, ie a Beal type but Cam has a ways to go to give be a key piece in a trade like that anyway and I am not interested in trading Cam who is an impact player on one end for anything less than a star at this time regardless if he deserve it or not. 

I do think he's fixable, I just don't think he's easily fixable. While his growth spurt has really helped on defense. Its hurt him on offense. He has a lot of improvement areas. Shooting and dribbling is fixable. What he has to get better at is off ball play. Setting screens. Cutting. Off ball movement on a consistent basis. 

At least the energy is there. Last year, that was also an issue.

7 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Once Bogi and Kris Dunn get back he'll have to otherwise he might get buried. 

This is flat out dumb.

Just now, Dynamo said:

Tony Ressler and Travis Schlenk said that they want to build a championship culture.(Their actions along with selecting Lloyd Pierce as coach say otherwise ).

Can't skip steps. We clearly see where we are having flaws. Gotta work

• Like 1

So a guy made this trade in realgm  OO + Snell for  Oladipo.   At 1st i was like i dunno in my head then i started thinking more on it.  If Pierce isn't going to give Onyeka many minutes anyways and Snell probably isn't that big of a factor either way.  Would a 20/5/5  + defensive guy be worth that trade of our early 1st guy.   The injury history scares me and we would for sure have to keep Collins at Pf now which im fine with with OO gone. 

What yall think does this help us enough with him looking back in form this year off injury to think about it or is Dipo not worth the time nor players?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

So a guy made this trade in realgm  OO + Snell for  Oladipo.   At 1st i was like i dunno in my head then i started thinking more on it.  If Pierce isn't going to give Onyeka many minutes anyways and Snell probably isn't that big of a factor either way.  Would a 20/5/5  + defensive guy be worth that trade of our early 1st guy.   The injury history scares me and we would for sure have to keep Collins at Pf now which im fine with with OO gone. 

What yall think does this help us enough with him looking back in form this year off injury to think about it or is Dipo not worth the time nor players?

OO is still out of sorts. We don't know what we got yet as a fanbase with him. Let's give him more time to get adjusted and play more minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

We already have salary cap problems...Why add to them?

3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Are you planning on paying VO? That's what he wants. We are sure as hell aren't trading OO for a rental. 

How many games are we going to lose in the late 3rd/early 4th? At least half our losses came from inexplicable lulls in the late 3rd/early 4th followed by a frantic run that comes up short.

Our bench units haven't been that good since Bogi moved to the starting five and got hurt. Bogi while streaky had tremendous impact on our consistent offensive production. Our offense right now with the bench is all Gallo

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

OO is still out of sorts. We don't know what we got yet as a fanbase with him. Let's give him more time to get adjusted and play more minutes.

My thoughts on this are do we think OO is gonna be the player a healthy Dipo is going forward?  Like is his peak better than a 20/5/5 + defense 2 way SG.  If we think it is then you don't do the deal but if you don't think his peak is a Dipo quality player then it's worth a thought.   The 1 thing that worries me most is if we don't end up improving if trades are needed and LP does LP things will guys like Trae, Collins, etc... want to move on. 

Are you planning on paying VO? That's what he wants. We are sure as hell aren't trading OO for a rental. 

For some reason i thought he just got paid a new contract in the last year or 2 and his injuries was the reason they was wanting to move on.  If he is a rental then it's no from me as well from the get go if OO is involved. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, year 2 isn't the you have to be at a clearly high level. I didn't even put that expectation on Hunter coming into this year and he was a lot more polished than Cam is. What I wanted to see Cam do was build on the end of year 1 offensively while improving on defense and being a top tier perimeter defender within the league. I've seen the improvement on defense but offensively, the regression to 1st half Cam has been obvious. I do see him playing with more energy on offense and making more plays off the ball than last year but when it comes to the most critical things that hurt him last year early on which is his shot and half court handles, we seen a regression back to that player which is very disappointing. 

I am just as disappointed as anyone here but I am not interested in trading someone like Reddish unless the price is right, ie a Beal type but Cam has a ways to go to give be a key piece in a trade like that anyway and I am not interested in trading Cam who is an impact player on one end for anything less than a star at this time regardless if he deserve it or not. 

I do think he's fixable, I just don't think he's easily fixable. While his growth spurt has really helped on defense. Its hurt him on offense. He has a lot of improvement areas. Shooting and dribbling is fixable. What he has to get better at is off ball play. Setting screens. Cutting. Off ball movement on a consistent basis. 

At least the energy is there. Last year, that was also an issue.

This is flat out dumb.

I agree I’ve been high on Cam and see his potential and think he’s fixable. But with Hunter out he’s had a prime opportunity to step up and instead he just looks out of control. Turning the ball over and taking bad shots. I would’ve benched him even though we need him. Because tonight he was a negative. He needs to sit and watch and needs a coach specifically for him. Sometimes we forget these guys are super young and the development of 2 3 4 years of college just isn’t there and at this point his trade value is a flyer for most any team.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure if maybe our expectations are too high but I don't recall these reactions to losses when we had Smoove, Iso Joe, rookie Al, and Anthony Johnson/Lue at PG.

I dont know about you, but when Josh Smith made dumb plays I used to go psycho. Marvin also made me furious. Al and Joe were solid for the most part.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1