• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

So isn't there a volcanic fault line just to the West of Boston somewhere? Maybe I have the wrong coast right there. As others have said earlier it would be hard for the kids not to hear their Dads going off on each other or our staff or our players. Our recent progression under Nate has been strong so am almost completely good with our roster and still value the defense if nothing else of Cam when back, am hoping for that offense to appear of course.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I love being the messenger of these (FIRST)! How many of you are mad at Spud for delivering the news 🗞 vs whether or not you agree with the trade. 😂 Ohhhhh you all need to let you ego free. We got @RedDawg#8 who hasn’t “liked” anything ever, @kg01 who hasn’t been funny since 86, and @NBASupes just straight mad it’s Cam (I’m witcha buddy), then you got @hazerwho I’m still not if he likes the trade, the lady (no names mentioned) who would rather give the credit to a Celts fan than Spud by saying, “oh oh it was reported by Camp and Supes, it’s already been (kinda) reported. 

Spud is just the messenger with a few inside sources, don’t hate the player hate the game.

😃 

Hazey no likey trade. Get Cam’s name outta dey mouf. Like Soups said: Rondo likes his role, Ball won’t. And I want no part of his daddy 🚫

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I mean, Cam may turn out to be a better player than Ball. But calling Ball trash compared to Cam atm is a kinda crazy. I'd give my nut for Cam to be giving us the type of production Ball has given the Pels this season.  Ball ranks 33rd in WAR (right behind Chris Paul) putting up 16-6 per36 mins with a 3-1 turnover ratio and a 56%TS with good defensive metrics. Cam on the other hand is like 230th in offensive rating and 205th in WAR giving us 14-5 per 36 mins on 48% TS. And those numbers are pretty much on par with last years numbers. So ya, I still think Cam has potential to be good, but outside of a few glimpses his body of work so far is incredibly lackluster. Ball hasn't been a star, but he has been a lot better than people seem to realize, especially the last couple of years where he has been an excellent three point shooter. He's been at around .380% in high volume, heck he has like 20 more three pointers made this year than Trae. 

Having said all this I'm not too sure how I'd feel about a trade like this. For starters not sure what the cap implications would be further down the  line, also not sure if I love the fit. If Cam ever fulfills his potential he would be a fantastic fit next to trae. Lonzo maybe not so much. 

I love this post.  I mean it's intriguing to get legitimate NOW value for a project like Cam that might never work out.  I think Lonzo could play alongside Trae, he's not ball dominant.  He could also head up the second unit, or do some of both.

Cam is a big net negative on the court right now.  Internally, if our opinion is that this kid is a bust, then maybe you make this move.  But I would like to see Cam under Nate, and we don't need another dude coming in looking to get paid and be the man.  There is a real risk on this move.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, txsting said:

I love this post.  I mean it's intriguing to get legitimate NOW value for a project like Cam that might never work out.  I think Lonzo could play alongside Trae, he's not ball dominant.  He could also head up the second unit, or do some of both.

Cam is a big net negative on the court right now.  Internally, if our opinion is that this kid is a bust, then maybe you make this move.  But I would like to see Cam under Nate, and we don't need another dude coming in looking to get paid and be the man.  There is a real risk on this move.

The thing is there is no reason for us to call him a bust right now.  No reason to rush him out the door... we are on track to meet our goal for the season (playoffs), and being marginally more competetive in the first round gets us nowhere long term.  Keep investing in Cam and help him get better.

Maybe we even luck out and Cam blossoms right after we give him a modest extension

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hazey no likey trade. Get Cam’s name outta dey mouf. Like Soups said: Rondo likes his role, Ball won’t. And I want no part of his daddy. 

I dont want to give up Cam, but I would like to add him if possible. No biggie to me if we dont but because it's hard to see him being anything more than a rental.

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is no cap issues. Atlanta will give JC and Bogi to Boston and Daddy Ainge for mid 1st rounders and cap space. Atlanta will then take Lonzo Ball because lawd knows they need the publicity for Cam Reddish who's pretty much a reclamation project. He sucks, look at the STATS!!!! Forget the tape, LOOK AT THE STATS! Since Ball is a rental, Atlanta can use the press for half a year to sell tickets. Win-Win-Win 

- Boston d*ck riding homer, who loves the attention. 

This is your best post of all time 🏆 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

The thing is there is no reason for us to call him a bust right now.  No reason to rush him out the door... we are on track to meet our goal for the season (playoffs), and being marginally more competetive in the first round gets us nowhere long term.  Keep investing in Cam and help him get better.

Maybe we even luck out and Cam blossoms right after we give him a modest extension

I tend to agree.  I think this is a no go, and I'm not really high on Cam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I dont want to give up Cam, but I would like to add him if possible. No biggie to me if we dont but because it's hard to see him being anything more than a rental.

I’d probably not stroke out if it only involved Rondo, Bruno, and 2nds...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’d probably not stroke out if it only involved Rondo, Bruno, and 2nds...

Tough to imagine NO even considering that one though... I don't see a mutually beneficial deal possible involving Lonzo and Cam.

• Like 1

Just now, NekiEcko said:

I know it is the trade season craziness but I swear they think we lost 8 straight games and out of the playoffs and dont have any money to resign JC even know that we can go over the cap with him.   

and on JC - PAY THAT MAN.  What else can he do for us to prove he's worth it?  Pay him - keep him - build with him.  Let's actually have a group of guys that, at some point in the future, have played together 8 years and know each other back and forth.  It's what we used to call a TEAM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You still got many on this site still holding out hope on Bruno including myself. To throw the table is being done with someone.

I’ve given up on Bruno. 2 years with no College Park screwed his timeline and it’s just too late for him and the Hawks 😕

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Tough to imagine NO even considering that one though... I don't see a mutually beneficial deal possible involving Lonzo and Cam.

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That would be a great deal, borderline steal.

That’s my point: win the trade or I’m having nunnavit 🙌

• Like 4

hace 19 minutos, txsting dijo:

We screwed up so badly not just taking the obvious Haliburton pick.  My goodness we would be set.  Why did nobody consult me or Gray Mule? 🙂

I was praying for Hawks to select Haliburton or Okongwu and I admit that I was wrong considering both at same level. I still think Okongwu should be fine however I also think Haliburton will be much better long term and was a better fit. I was wrong considering Okongwu had more upside just based on his numbers as a freshman compared to Hali's numbers as a sophomore.

Edited by gurpilo