• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IT AIN’T OVER TILL

Spud2nique

10 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Squawk posters know.  I keep saying it.  We all expect Capela, the line drive free throw man, to not make all of his.  And, he didn't.  2-6 for him last night.  But, all the others were 13-18.  When a team can't make their free throws, you can expect these results, a loss.

So how was that BC powder last night guy?? Felt just about single every miss at the line was like it was for the game, do or die you know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 8:25 AM, Gray Mule said:

Squawk posters know.  I keep saying it.  We all expect Capela, the line drive free throw man, to not make all of his.  And, he didn't.  2-6 for him last night.  But, all the others were 13-18.  When a team can't make their free throws, you can expect these results, a loss.

I hope Atlanta will spend the money and hire someone to teach Capela how to shoot, putting an arch on his free throws.  

Great game until the 76ers exploded to open the 2nd half.  Whoever had the task of covering Curry, didn't.  He was personally responsible for the sudden turn of the game.  Then, late in the game the 76ers rookie PG  took over the task of maintaining the lead.  As Curry led the third quarter surge, the rookie finished it.  Neither player could be stopped.

Announcers kept saying, "No 76er starter has been to the free throw line."  This continued until late in the game.  Why was this?  Apparently it meant our defense wasn't as physical as our opponent.

Cold shooting.  Announcers gave all the credit to the 76ers defense.  Nope.  They were just cold.  We have proof.  If they weren't cold they would have made their free throws.  Yes, that again.

Hawks have won in Philadelphia before.  They must again if they are to go further.  Sad if they don't but who really expected these Hawks to have this opportunity with both Hunter and Reddish unable to play?

Forget everything up to now.  A one game playoff.  Win or go home for the summer.  #5 VS #1.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:sun:

The Sixers also shot 20 FTs in the 4th quarter . . . made 15

The Hawks shot 12 FTs in the 4th quarter . . . made 6.  Capela, Okongwu, and Bogi each missed 2 in the quarter.

There's your game right there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Been out of town with basically very limited internet and no TV... missed games 3, 4, 5, and 6... I've caught up on all the highlights/media takes on the series so far.  Not sure if this is the thread for it, but does anyone here mind giving me their perspective on the last 3-4 games?  The 25 point comeback looked epic -- so mad I wasn't able to catch that live.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Been out of town with basically very limited internet and no TV... missed games 3, 4, 5, and 6... I've caught up on all the highlights/media takes on the series so far.  Not sure if this is the thread for it, but does anyone here mind giving me their perspective on the last 3-4 games?  The 25 point comeback looked epic -- so mad I wasn't able to catch that live.

Jeff we got something.   It's called ignorance.   We haven't been here before and we don't believe that we will lose any game.   Are shooting in all of those games have been miserable.   We can't make threes consistently.   We can't stop Embiid at all.  Curry has been a consistent problem.   There is no reason for Philly to lose.... but.....

Embiid gets tired.   Simmons is a liability.   Their other shooters go cold.   And we just have more will to win that they do.   Going into game 7, Philly has a little confidence but I don't believe that they think that they can beat us.   It always takes a special player to step up for them.   As long as we keep Simmons on the floor and keep Curry in Check... Our will to win is greater than their will to win.

Here's what we have...

Against all the odds in the world with a dominant Embiid, I have seen the glow go out of Philly's eyes.  They've been coached up but they don't believe.  If we come out and take away their confidence....we will be in the ECF. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

The 25 point comeback was literally one of the top 3 moments in Hawks history.  Even better than Game 4 in 2008, which is very hard to top.  The only reason why that will be at the top, is because it happened at home.  The 25 point comeback happened on the road, which makes it more impressive, but maybe not more dramatic from a fan experience standpoint.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I'll never think an ATL team will ever over come odds and win a game like this. Been a great year thankful of what the hawks pulled off this year but I've seen this movie before in Atlanta.

Fortunately, this Hawks team doesn't carry the burden of ATL sports history or the traumatic effects it's had on the fans. If they did, they would've lost in the 1st Round to the highly favored Knicks and wouldn't be playing the #1 seeded 76ers in Game 7. I know the painful history of Georgia sports, but his time things will be different.