• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to have the uncomfortable conversation about Bogdanovic

Peoriabird

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Great game by the Bogster.

16pts, (4-6 from 3), 6assists, 6 rebs. Hopefully this gets him out his funk. This aggressive Bogi is what we need every night.

Love me some Bogi when he’s on. Man, him and Gallo lasering them home tonight!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Last 3 games, he has been significantly more productive than the first 4.  Hope he extends that to a trend of continued heating up.  He hasn't been close to his peak couple months last season yet but high % shooting, 5 and 4 type production is a step in the right direction.

I find it hard to fathom how a guy like Bogi is a bit inconsistent for us. His game tends to lean towards a player who can be very consistent. 

For somebody that accurate, it’s a bit puzzling. 

Keep it up Bogi!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I find it hard to fathom how a guy like Bogi is a bit inconsistent for us. His game tends to lean towards a player who can be very consistent. 

For somebody that accurate, it’s a bit puzzling. 

Keep it up Bogi!

He's inconsistent because he excels at the most inconsistent parts of the game. Spot up 3 shooting, dribble handoff attacks, and attacking congested lanes. Those are very hard to be consistent at on a NBA level. Add that there is more physicality this year, he a tad more off than usual. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Time to bring this thread back because it should be obvious to everyone what this player is a year later.  I know everyone laughed at me before when i called a 1 trick pony just like they did when I called out LP.  Time to come to the realization that this guy is who he is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Kirschner mentions at the tail end of today's story on Hunter that BogBog seems to be getting close to returning.

Imagine that. October, November, December and January...

Finally... February gets here, and our preseason projected starting line-up (Trae, BogBog, Dre, JC and CC) plus Big2O, Gallo, Huerter and Delon are all available for McM to deploy.

Four friggin months.

[quickly knocks on wood]

His impact will be like Cap's coming back. With the team playing better and hopefully his knee healthier he can be plugged in and be more effective than he was before he got hurt and we were slumping. Now to cross our fingers about Hunter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sooo...does he get his starting gig back or does Huerter keep the spot (I know, you don't lose your spot to injury)

I say something similar to Capela coming back, have him on the bench for a few games and let him get his groove back against opposing teams bench. Then if he starts balling out you can put him in the starting lineup.

• Like 3

I kind of like our chemistry we have right now, especially with Delon's play and activity on defense.

Bogi's return probably means Kev eventually ends up back on the bench, I'm guessing taking Knox's minutes and potentially some of Lou's as well

Our 10 man rotation would then be:

Trae-Bogi-Dre- JC-CC

Lou-Wright-Kev-Gallo-OO

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sooo...does he get his starting gig back or does Huerter keep the spot (I know, you don't lose your spot to injury)

I have to think for conditioning reasons if nothing else they would ease Bogi back into his starting role. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Our 10 man rotation would then be:

Trae-Bogi-Dre- JC-CC

Lou-Wright-Kev-Gallo-OO

Imo...

Lou should only be getting minutes when someone in the backcourt is getting a night off... same can be said for Gorgeous when someone in the frontcourt is getting the night off.

This is why a Kenrich Williams deal is so very needed if it can get done. Needs to be Wright-Kev-Kenny Hustle-Gallo-Big2O.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

It was obvious to everyone that Bogi's knee was so bad he shouldn't be on the floor. Hopefully when he comes back he's 100% or close to it health wise. 

He can take Knox' place off the bench...

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to Time to have the uncomfortable conversation about Bogdanovic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Bogi on his bench role and knee injury

So switching gears to you. You were a regular starter earlier in the season and then you went to the bench after you came back from your ankle injury. What was that adjustment like for you because you had been playing with the starters and then you were playing with a group you hadn’t had much experience with?

I just took it as a challenge. I know in the NBA it’s always a big deal about who’s starting. I know that. I grew up differently. I’m not saying I don’t want to start. I’ve never said that. I’ve never said I wanted to go to the bench. In that moment, we found a group that worked. I’m always a believer in everyone should accept their role when you find something that works. When you’re a competitor, you want to finish games. You just want to hoop. I took it as a challenge. I didn’t do it because I wanted to go back in the starting lineup. I wanted to be the best version of myself that I could be coming off the bench. That was my role, so let’s go. It’s another challenge. You know, maybe they think I can’t play off the bench. Maybe they think I can’t create. Maybe they think it’s better for me. You don’t know, so you have to find that motivation within yourself and accept it.

When you say you grew up differently, what does that mean?

I know in the NBA, it’s a huge deal if you’re a starter. Where I grew up, you had to fight every single practice, every single game to get into the starting lineup. It had nothing to do with how much you’re worth or what your popularity is. That’s the place I’m coming from. I’ve always felt like I’ve had to earn every single second on the court. That’s how I’ve found those challenges. I don’t see it like just saying you’re a starter if I don’t deserve anything. I always say that I don’t want to be forced into the lineup. I want them to see my worth, and I do feel like I am a starter. I’m not just going to demand that I’m put back into the starting lineup because I feel that’s bad for the team. I understand the chemistry. I could never get motivated by getting numbers. I need to see the bigger picture. I need to see the winning. I need to see us playing the right way. That’s what motivates me. Everything else doesn’t matter.

How do you feel like you’ve performed defensively this season? 

It goes up and down some games. It sometimes depends on how I feel with my knee. Honestly, I played better defense last year. I was just more consistent last season. This season, it’s gone up and down for me. As we’ve gotten later into the season, I do feel like I’ve been playing better, but last year was better.

With your knee, is it related to the procedure you had this past offseason, or is it just regular soreness because you’ve been on the injury report quite a bit recently? 

It’s not just one thing. I wasn’t able to get a consistent rhythm. I need to do a better job of getting my rhythm back. I feel good. We don’t have any more back-to-backs, so I’m good. Back-to-backs hurt your body. You feel sore. That one in Detroit hurt me so badly. I shouldn’t have played that game. I was hurting. But when you’re on the floor, I knew we needed that win, so it’s let’s go. Brain wants it. Body doesn’t want it. I fell asleep around 4 or 5 a.m. We had just played in New York. I woke up at 9 because you can’t sleep. We have time to rest before the game, but you can’t. Your body is so adrenalized. You want to wake up. You’re not well-rested. It’s not like you feel like shit, but I don’t know how to explain it. You know when you don’t sleep well one night, that next day, you know how you feel? Now imagine playing when you’re already tired and you didn’t sleep. It’s like a hangover. That’s how it is. You want to move, but you can’t.

https://theathletic.com/3241278/2022/04/11/atlanta-hawks-bogdan-bogdanovic-2/?source=emp_shared_article

• Like 2