• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How did Cam look to you all?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

My opinion based on the handful of articles regarding his confidence etc.

One of the predraft articles I found said this:

A majority of time throughout his freshman season, Reddish decided to take time off on the defensive end of the floor. He has all the tools to be an elite defender. He is long, strong, and he has elite athleticism. Reddish checked out on the offensive end a lot of the time when he wasn’t seeing many touches. Reddish has to improve on the mental aspect of the game. Without the mental aspect, the physical aspect doesn’t mean a thing.

Is this something that you're referring to?  I mean if this is the case, then I can see it being a problem.  Not just this but just having his identity wrapped up into if he's the man with the ball.   People applauded his 4th qtr game three.  What I saw was a guy who took every shot that he could and forced up some shots.   When he played with the starters, he didn't get any shots and you couldn't tell that he was out there. 

57 minutes ago, Diesel said:

One of the predraft articles I found said this:

Is this something that you're referring to?  I mean if this is the case, then I can see it being a problem.  Not just this but just having his identity wrapped up into if he's the man with the ball.   People applauded his 4th qtr game three.  What I saw was a guy who took every shot that he could and forced up some shots.   When he played with the starters, he didn't get any shots and you couldn't tell that he was out there. 

That’s a very small part but there have been articles posted around here explaining his inconsistency as confidence related or him being too hard on himself or mentally checking out. I don’t remember all the ideas expressed verbatim, but the running theme of the ones I’m talking about is Cam is limited only by the space between his ears. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

I have seen nothing to indicate that he wasn't.  Just a matter of coach not trusting him and wanting to stick with the rotation that got us here.  Time for a change when you are giving hugely important minutes to Agent 0/0/0/0/0/2 who has struggled on defense.

We gotta coin the "Solomon Hill stat line" when the aggregate of all your counting stats is lower than fouls committed

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

That’s a very small part but there have been articles posted around here explaining his inconsistency as confidence related or him being too hard on himself or mentally checking out. I don’t remember all the ideas expressed verbatim, but the running theme of the ones I’m talking about is Cam is limited only by the space between his ears. 

Damn. 

That's horrible.   He has superstar measurables but if he's fragile, that doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

We gotta coin the "Solomon Hill stat line" when the aggregate of all your counting stats is lower than fouls committed

Maybe we could look at it as a s0/0 stat line?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Great game from Cam. The challenge now is keeping the confidence up for him..

Don't think that's an issue going forward. The way he talks in interviews lately is a bit telling. He's known to give generic answers but you can see his personality showing a bit now, he looks more comfortable. His body language on the court is really good too, I don't think he ever did in-game celebrations last season when he was playing well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Don't think that's an issue going forward. The way he talks in interviews lately is a bit telling. He's known to give generic answers but you can see his personality showing a bit now, he looks more comfortable. His body language on the court is really good too, I don't think he ever did in-game celebrations last season when he was playing well.

4 months off is damn near an entire offseason itself. It probably helped him mentally as much as physically

• Like 4

I strongly suspect Nate McMillian helped a lot with Cam's approach and preparations for games.  From my reads, Coach P rode Cam all the time.  For some guys that is not the way to build confidence, especially when they've had little playing time and are being asked to do more than they are prepared to do.  Nate probably has Cam just focused on being a beast on D and play loose on the offensive end.  That is what I saw from him in G4. 

I still have high hopes for Cam.  But, lets see if he can stay healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, frosgrim said:

I strongly suspect Nate McMillian helped a lot with Cam's approach and preparations for games.  From my reads, Coach P rode Cam all the time.  For some guys that is not the way to build confidence, especially when they've had little playing time and are being asked to do more than they are prepared to do.  Nate probably has Cam just focused on being a beast on D and play loose on the offensive end.  That is what I saw from him in G4. 

I still have high hopes for Cam.  But, lets see if he can stay healthy. 

I agree, I think you can ride guys hard if they have high confidence (sometimes too high) or were the #1 option their whole lives.  Cam took a backseat to RJ and Zion at Duke, so I think he lost that "im the guy" mentality and he needs to be molded into our team better.  Thankfully, our team culture is amazing and he has a great support system to build confidence and feel safe making mistakes.

• Moderators

Cam might end up being the x-factor for the rest of the playoffs for us.  His defense was sorely missed and gives Nate a guy that can fill in portions of the game that we are missing with Dre being out. Also, he moves Solo further down the bench. lol